Shipping locally

mel2403

Jun 27, 2012
hi all!

I would like to ship items nationally..do any of you have any ideas of what is best..for the customer to receive their package without being stolen if left by the door?

Any suggestion which won't cost me 1000s are welcome

Thanks

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have used Metro Pac to ship within the DR but the recipient has to pick it up at their depot. I would not leave anything on a door step here unless you want it to disappear.

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
BM Cargo now ships between their branches in the DR. I can't imagine any shipper just dropping off a package at a door w/o a signature saying it was received.

Reactions: JD Jones

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've been using Caribe Pack for years to send and receive all sort of things, from passports to electronics. No issues, so far.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No Caribe services to the east coast. You'd have to use MetroPac, Expreso Bavaro or Mail Boxes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes..... but I would probably say all the suggestions here are good

My TV came from NYC by mudanza - lots of handling

My meat from SD comes by Caribe... in a cooler from my butcher

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
Yes..... but I would probably say all the suggestions here are good

My TV came from NYC by mudanza - lots of handling

My meat from SD comes by Caribe... in a cooler from my butcher
I have an account with EPS in Sosua. I thought it would be simple to have them send a TV to the Boca Chica office from Miami in stead of Sosua. But they acted like that wasn't possible without a lot of hassle.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
Seems odd.... I agree.
Can you edit your profile to change your destination ?
Well I've learned the hard way that if they act like it isn't easily done in this country, there is a good possibility that it will get screwed up.
By the way, EPS is now getting stuff they receive in Miami to Sosua in two days. So I'm certainly not dissing their regular service.