Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Where I live, in a closed community, nobody as far as I know has been forced to use masks or stay inside during curfew hours, as long as you stay inside the guarded gate. Some hold parties all night at the pool during weekends, probably dominican renters from the larger cities.

Not saying that this is how curfew is intended to work, but that is how it is practiced where I live. On your own property with your friends/family you should be fine.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
When the government says curfew, what do they mean? Do you have to remain inside, or can you sit outside on a balcony, your yard, etc...?

As stated within posting #4907 & 4908, within the zoning of your own property shall suffice.
Although, you may want to keep the music levels to a respectable volume out of respect for your neighbors who may be early risers.
Only the Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlottes have been hiding behind their duct taped doors and windows for the last six months, resembling a scene out of The Walking Dead.
Perhaps it is from this that they have developed and formulated their own particular Plandemic thoughts, opinions, and responses.
Eerily similar, and not original at all.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Where I live, in a closed community, nobody as far as I know has been forced to use masks or stay inside during curfew hours, as long as you stay inside the guarded gate. Some hold parties all night at the pool during weekends, probably dominican renters from the larger cities.

Not saying that this is how curfew is intended to work, but that is how it is practiced where I live. On your own property with your friends/family you should be fine.
Same here at my condo. Almost nobody wears a mask(very few people here right now). We've had several small parties by the pool and on the beach. My interpretation of curfew is that you have to be off the streets.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Go to the appropriate forum and click on the "Post Thread" icon at the top right-hand corner of the screen.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
No he didn’t say you were ! Did you feel like one? Could be just good old fashion frustration ask a teenager to help you out! it’s difficult from this side to fix your problem .
It is obvious to press the button. Once written my thread disappeared. Do you feel like a retard? I would like a reply from someone sensible.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It is obvious to press the button. Once written my thread disappeared. Do you feel like a retard? I would like a reply from someone sensible.
Go to the upper left of the page where you will see Forums/news and weather/coronavirus in the DR.
click on "news and weather"
Go down to "Covid-19 in the DR" and click on it.
You'll see "Post Thread" on the upper right.
Click on "Post thread" and you're good to go.
Once you do that I'll clean this mess up.

Last edited:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The curfew will be lessened by 2 hours beginning today's date, but I have it on very good authority (a little birdie at Corales yesterday) that the powers that be will be enforcing the curfew strictly nationwide. No excuses. Police commanders are under orders to fully enforce the curfew moving forward. Those that do not, will be removed from their positions.
This administration is not playing around.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The numbers are looking better for the DR. For the first time the positivity rate for 24 hours falls below 10%. Now we only need to see that the government consistently tests in all the provinces.

Reactions: Caonabo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The curfew will be lessened by 2 hours beginning today's date, but I have it on very good authority (a little birdie at Corales yesterday) that the powers that be will be enforcing the curfew strictly nationwide. No excuses. Police commanders are under orders to fully enforce the curfew moving forward. Those that do not, will be removed from their positions.
This administration is not playing around.

Yep, the next few days are going to be very interesting.

Reactions: Caonabo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The curfew is official. Decree 504-20.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Government reports only 280 new PCR positive tested cases today.

user123

Aug 16, 2017

user123

Aug 16, 2017
On IG I follow a lot of the "urban" accounts and every day there are people posting videos from their barrios, 100s of people drinking and dancing together, most street corners packed! If Covid was so deadly barrio streets would be cover with dead bodies all over, because the people do not care about toque de queda or distancing one bit. Somebody explain please? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
On IG I follow a lot of the "urban" accounts and every day there are people posting videos from their barrios, 100s of people drinking and dancing together, most street corners packed! If Covid was so deadly barrio streets would be cover with dead bodies all over, because the people do not care about toque de queda or distancing one bit. Somebody explain please? 🤷‍♂️

but dont you know ... The Virus only comes out after 7 PM on weekends ,, and 9 on weekdays
That is one Lazy Coconut Virus .

but hey , if it saves ONE life .. its worth destroying the whole Economy ,, right ..

Reactions: cavok and nanita

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The whole thing is a hoax and an experiment how far the governments can go in controlling the masses, and the sad truth is that they've discovered that in general the people are sheeple and very obedient.

Tell that to the families of the 1,000.000 people that are dead from Covid-19. And be happy you are not one of them.....................................................

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Information from govt and the media always has be viewed with a cautionary and skeptical eye. Information is disseminated by these entities usually with a specific intent. Usually to support a particular point of view. The DR Govt. is no different. There has been and continues to be concerns about the covid numbers being released and how they are being gathered, interpreted and used. It's not just a matter of illness vs deaths. As mentioned this virus can have long lasting impacts on the health of those who become infected. It's not just a case of get sick and get better or die. Testing will probably never produce an accurate reflection of the reality of this disease at any given time. So when we hear that infection numbers are going up or down we can never be sure if that is the case or how much movement there has been in any given direction. Using these faulty stats to justify policy or protocol decisions is just a guessing game and the Govt knows full well that their numbers are inaccurate. That's the case here in the DR and elsewhere. The factual truth is obscured by flaws in the system or by deliberate intent. The the average person can never be sure which.

Citing the lack of dead people on street corners after a gathering as proof of anything disingenuous. This disease does not kill people where they stand. It causes them to suffocate somewhere where they are lying down. usually at home on in a hospital. The govt then gets to fiddle with these numbers for their own purposes and only then present the numbers to the public. The change in the curfew hours I believe has more to do with economics and public sentiment than anything to do with falling infection numbers. To paraphrase Windeguy, "the virus is still out there everywhere" and you too can catch it if you get too close to the wrong people. If you do catch it, you may be ok or you may not be. That's the problem. the media, the govt and the public health people can't really tell you for sure how your body will be affected by the virus. There still doesn't seem to be any sort of agreement on the best way to treat this infection and treatment is inconsistent from country to country, hospital to hospital. It's essentially a game of craps despite all the amateur doctors who insist that getting Covid-19 is no big deal. Easy for a noninflected person to say with no real skin in the game. Those that have been sick and recovered often tell a very different story which seems to be causally dismissed by those with an alternative point of view they wish to spread.

There is no denying that this pandemic has hurt people financially and ruined lots of businesses. It is also certain it will continue to do so until science can deal with this on a level above asking people to wear masks and distance themselves. However, the level of open hostility put forward by some when criticizing the efforts of govt to keep too many people from getting sick at the same time is a bit baffling and comes across as exceedingly callous and at times dismissive.

Status
Not open for further replies.