Hello I am new to DR1

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hello I am new to the Dominican Republic. I am from Miami Florid. I have relocated because of my business. Look forward to sharing on the boards as well as learning.
Welcome to Wonderland!
I meet people from Miami
here in Santiago all the time.
Almost all of them are deportees
with interesting stories. Some
end up working in the call center
business. I work in outsourcing,
US companies to DR, Colombia,
Venezuela and the like.
What type of work do you do?

italian_n_DR

Sep 7, 2020
Piantini Santo Dominngo
Hello well I hate to disappoint you but I've never been in trouble in my life. I'm a sports writer for 15 years as well as a successful handicapper for several services in Las Vegas and Miami I will say that if some of the people you are meeting are deported and most of them working call centers maybe you're hanging out in the wrong spots maybe you should upgrade your hobbies or your free time locations. Of course unless these are the kind of people that you like to spend your free time with.

rdd1955

Oct 1, 2020
wpb, florida
I am a NEW member. My wife and I are considering DR for our retirement. We live in South Florida ( WPB ) and DR is CLOSER than Panama, which was the other possible option. I have several ?, mostly concerning real esate ? and the best location for us ? That I will post under the real estate thread

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hello well I hate to disappoint you but I've never been in trouble in my life. I'm a sports writer for 15 years as well as a successful handicapper for several services in Las Vegas and Miami I will say that if some of the people you are meeting are deported and most of them working call centers maybe you're hanging out in the wrong spots maybe you should upgrade your hobbies or your free time locations. Of course unless these are the kind of people that you like to spend your free time with.
Disappoint me?
Not gonna happen.
Wrong spots. Right spots.
I'm making money either
way. I don't "hangout" with
anyone, anywhere, anytime.
I work in the call center industry.
About 60% of the english speaking
reps we employ are deportees.
The people I normally spend my
free time with are a lost worse :D
Have a nice day bookie.

Reactions: Caonabo and jinty05

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Hello I am new to the Dominican Republic. I am from Miami Florid. I have relocated because of my business. Look forward to sharing on the boards as well as learning.
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you.
I too am an ex South Florida person.
By deportees our poster is referring to the way the US deports ex convicts back to their home country.
We get a influx of criminals who learned English in a US prison and when their time is served they are put on a plane and sent back to the DR.
The convicts are dropped off in Santo Domingo.
There is no monitoring of these folks and and lots gravitate to call center jobs and make use of the English
learned in jail, at least until they are able to reconnect with their criminal pals here.
Some savvy dr1 people are cautious of Dominicans who speak fluent English they did not learn in school.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Call centre eh? Another tella racketeer.
Racketeer.
Example:
1 client in a liberal cesspool like San Francisco is happy to pay $15 an hour all day long without the worry of WC claims, sex harrassment law bs or race related garbage. My operating cost for agent, dialer, ect about $6 an hour. One client (not the other 9 or 10) about $9 an hr. (profit) X 10 agents. You do the math. Trust me, it pays the bills.

Reactions: rfp and Caonabo

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Racketeer: Indiginous colloquialism (U.S)
Someone who commits crimes for profit. Obtains money by fraud or deception or extortion.
Origin: Term used to describe a 'speakeasy' or other drinking establishment during prohibition. Due to the noisy enviroment. People were said to be "in the rackets" if they were suspected of criminal activity.
Fostered RICO [racketeering in criminal orginization] act in U.S.
Not a compliment.

p.s. Just sayin'

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Racketeer: Indiginous colloquialism (U.S)
Someone who commits crimes for profit. Obtains money by fraud or deception or extortion.
Origin: Term used to describe a 'speakeasy' or other drinking establishment during prohibition. Due to the noisy enviroment. People were said to be "in the rackets" if they were suspected of criminal activity.
Fostered RICO [racketeering in criminal orginization] act in U.S.
Not a compliment.

p.s. Just sayin'
Lol, thanks.