Take note: Big bumpers are outlawed

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I can see the removal of Big Bumpers in front for more crush proof plastic but from behind they are there to reduce rear end damage from others.
Anyway I don't think this will be enforced. It is another "show regulation", kind of like the seldom enforced helmet law.

That's one reason I liked my older Isuzu Trooper - real metal bumpers !
just deal with it billy

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
come on guys.
it is mid october now, so something had to be done to bring a little bit of christmas propina into the cops pockets.
this will be enforced during this christmas season for sure, and then it will wander into the same trash bin where all the other laws with helmet/buckle up/LEDs etc

• Haha
Reactions: melphis and CDNBear

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
come on guys.
it is mid october now, so something had to be done to bring a little bit of christmas propina into the cops pockets.
this will be enforced during this christmas season for sure, and then it will wander into the same trash bin where all the other laws with helmet/buckle up/LEDs etc
Wait! You're not going to tell me trucks aren't driving in the right lane only, are you?

• Love
Reactions: bienamor

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
It is obvious by the poor road conduct of chauffeurs there is a need for these bumpers to protect vehicles, especially when they are in transit during most of the day. However, the bumpers are used by less respectful, less cautious chauffeurs to bully, intimidate others in traffic to give way to them. It could be assumed without big bumpers they would be a bit more careful in the camino.

This regulation may be good on paper, expect push back, and little or no enforcement.

Regards,

PJT

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is obvious by the poor road conduct of chauffeurs there is a need for these bumpers to protect vehicles, especially when they are in transit during most of the day. However, the bumpers are used by less respectful, less cautious chauffeurs to bully, intimidate others in traffic to give way to them. It could be assumed without big bumpers they would be a bit more careful in the camino.

This regulation may be good on paper, expect push back, and little or no enforcement.

Regards,

PJT

Agreed 100%. Those in the "Everything _________" communities will be very outspoken.
Remember the uproar over personal golf carts as everyday transport methods.

1602771571793.png

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
It is best to adapt to the customs of the country in which one is located.

Large trailers and public transport have the right of way.
Always, even if you have the green light on your side.

I would be flat as a pancake and dead if I did not check the traffic even though the traffic light is green
Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is best to adapt to the customs of the country in which one is located.

Large trailers and public transport have the right of way.
Always, even if you have the green light on your side.

I would be flat as a pancake and dead if I did not check the traffic even though the traffic light is green
Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen

You would never last in Mumbai.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I don't want to be T-boned by anything. My current car will literally fold like a cheap rusted tent.
My ideal car here would be a H-1 with bush bars that would rival a mountain train.
I am not a Volvo fan myself ( swedish cars yes, I still own a Saab 99 for fun) but the XC90 is amazing...