Caserio Ham?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Any locals know what's up with Induveca's Caserio Ham?

The little 1lb packs have disappeared from supermarket shelves and all that's available now is the pre-sliced stuff that gets gooey after you open it.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Dominican cold cuts, hardly ever very fresh anyway.

Actually they are fresh, but not injected with preservatives as is operating procedure in other parts of the globe.
If you get the cold cuts sliced in front of you, yes they are fresh, but have a short shelf life upon arrival at home in the nivera.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
i think that
Actually they are fresh, but not injected with preservatives as is operating procedure in other parts of the globe.
If you get the cold cuts sliced in front of you, yes they are fresh, but have a short shelf life upon arrival at home in the nivera.

I think that's what makes the new flat packs go bad so quickly.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Buy boars head at national the best

I'm a fan, but it's only available in a few stores. I don't care how good a ham is, I'm not facing the city tapon demons to buy it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Exactly what I liked about the 1lb'ers. They were vacumn packed and always fresh when they were opened.

Try using the deli counter at La Sirena in SC, I have them slice the ham thin (I hate the thick slabs in the prepacked ones), and it seems to last longer too. Since we don’t go there often, I freeze some of the ham and turkey breast in small packs too.

Reactions: jstarebel

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Try using the deli counter at La Sirena in SC, I have them slice the ham thin (I hate the thick slabs in the prepacked ones), and it seems to last longer too. Since we don’t go there often, I freeze some of the ham and turkey breast in small packs too.
Always an option, but the issue I was addressing is there is no Caserio Ham to cut. It only been 3-4 weeks or so that it disappeared.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Ooooooo I thought it only disappeared in the vacuum packs! 🙍‍♀️
Quantum mechanics tells us that there is no such thing as empty space. Even the most perfect vacuum is actually filled by a rolling cloud of particles and antiparticles, which flare into existence and almost instantaneously fade back into nothingness 🤔

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Ooooooo I thought it only disappeared in the vacuum packs! 🙍‍♀️
They have switched to a flat plastic tray with a top you peel off which doesn't restick either.

I'm not sure of the weight but I'm guessing it's a half lb or less of slices. They still sell the slices in the usual white styrofoam trays with saranwrap. Both presentations get sticky from one day to the next.

I guess their main demographic is people who consume the entire package in one shot.

Reactions: La Profe_1

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
They have switched to a flat plastic tray with a top you peel off which doesn't restick either.

I'm not sure of the weight but I'm guessing it's a half lb or less of slices. They still sell the slices in the usual white styrofoam trays with saranwrap. Both presentations get sticky from one day to the next.

I guess their main demographic is people who consume the entire package in one shot.

You say it like it's a bad thing. :ROFLMAO:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Quantum mechanics tells us that there is no such thing as empty space. Even the most perfect vacuum is actually filled by a rolling cloud of particles and antiparticles, which flare into existence and almost instantaneously fade back into nothingness 🤔

Um... OK.

Reactions: CDNBear

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
real deal bro....

1602801970185.png

And yes, as their website states, they do have distribution within RD.
Good job RDK. 👏