Why Can't the Dominican Republic be the Solution to the Crisis in Haiti?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
And they have been unable, despite massive foreign aid, to be responsible for themselves.

Haiti has been the poorest country in the western hemisphere for decades..........reaching back to at least 1956...........which coincides with the rise of "Papa Doc" Duvalier.

The most consistent/longest/effective supplier of beneficial "aid" to the country has been the DR.............in the form of Haitian labor/remittances.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
No doubt thats all true

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The poet laureate for the DR1 community.
Perhaps I should have given the intellect a chance to provide us with
some proof/ examples to back up his claims of the DR Government's
absent solutions or understanding, scapegoating, xenophobia, and tribalism
before I let off on him for not having a clue about the fact that
Haiti is indeed a very big threat to the sovernty of this nation and its people?
Tell me, did I get it wrong?

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Seeing this thread I have a hard time understanding the purpose of the Haiti sub forum. I was told it is because what goes on in Haiti always influences the DR. Most posts though are just trashing Haiti and its people. Of course the DR cant be the solution for Haitis problems and of course immigration from there should be tightly controlled and the border. The DR has its own problems. But why the need to completely trash the place. So a bunch of expats on a DR related forum get all upset about Haiti trashing it. Pathetic.

1. Again, you seem to be taking the route of wanting to manage/moderate the direction of this web forum community. It may not be the intention, but this is how it is received upon delivery. I would say that the purpose of the Haiti sub-forum is for whatever purpose the owner of this FREE web forum community desires it TO be. There are many within this community who have lived active lives within the other side, whether it be as tourist, aid worker, in some cases family members, or just plain good natured persons with hearts of gold that want to see success for the downtrodden. I oppose censorship of any sort, and even if it regards Haiti, it should remain open, even if some of the topics/discussions happen to be negative in nature.
Assured, there is a lot of negativy ongoing in Haiti. Not discussing it, sweeping it under the carpet, or simply ignoring it does nobody well.
2. If you were told, then you have already inquired. You received your answer. Why overdramatize the situation at hand?
3. I have not seen any postings trashing Haitian people. The Haitian government? Yes. Haitian history of oppressing persons, theirs and others? Yes.
Haitian people as a whole populace? No.
Would you prefer to ignore the complicity of the Haitian government in oppressing it's people, or are you just subscribed to new age reasoning where history has to be eliminated, because it does not fit the feel good narrative this generation and it's enablers desire?
This is actually what is pathetic in the year 2020.
4. As a Dominican who lost a family member to a Haitian murderer, I can tell you two things......
-What occurs in Haiti does matter to me.
-If anybody has a reason to hold a grudge against Haitians, I do, but I do not judge all by the actions of one.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Its only natural that we cant all be experts. An English language forum about a Spanish language country. I understand you are Dominican so lets call you one of the experts.

No, I am not an expert in anything other than how I choose to live my life, operate my investments, and run my household.
Yes, I am this humble of a man.
I see that you quoted my posting to community member CristoRey. Not sure as to why, as it was directed towards him, and not meant to be negative or cynical in nature, and I truly believe he is aware of this.
I also can attest, that if he took offense to the innocent words, he would have the stones to respond to me directly.
We can move on from this now, and enjoy the evening at hand.

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
1. Again, you seem to be taking the route of wanting to manage/moderate the direction of this web forum community. It may not be the intention, but this is how it is received upon delivery. I would say that the purpose of the Haiti sub-forum is for whatever purpose the owner of this FREE web forum community desires it TO be. There are many within this community who have lived active lives within the other side, whether it be as tourist, aid worker, in some cases family members, or just plain good natured persons with hearts of gold that want to see success for the downtrodden. I oppose censorship of any sort, and even if it regards Haiti, it should remain open, even if some of the topics/discussions happen to be negative in nature.
Assured, there is a lot of negativy ongoing in Haiti. Not discussing it, sweeping it under the carpet, or simply ignoring it does nobody well.
2. If you were told, then you have already inquired. You received your answer. Why overdramatize the situation at hand?
3. I have not seen any postings trashing Haitian people. The Haitian government? Yes. Haitian history of oppressing persons, theirs and others? Yes.
Haitian people as a whole populace? No.
Would you prefer to ignore the complicity of the Haitian government in oppressing it's people, or are you just subscribed to new age reasoning where history has to be eliminated, because it does not fit the feel good narrative this generation and it's enablers desire?
This is actually what is pathetic in the year 2020.
4. As a Dominican who lost a family member to a Haitian murderer, I can tell you two things......
-What occurs in Haiti does matter to me.
-If anybody has a reason to hold a grudge against Haitians, I do, but I do not judge all by the actions of one.
I thought you where some type of moderator actually. You seem to get away with everything. Maybe just friends then or something.

• Haha

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Perhaps I should have given the intellect a chance to provide us with
some proof/ examples to back up his claims of the DR Government's
absent solutions or understanding, scapegoating, xenophobia, and tribalism
before I let off on him for not having a clue about the fact that
Haiti is indeed a very big threat to the sovernty of this nation and its people?
Tell me, did I get it wrong?

Not at all.
You get it.
Unfortunately, many within do not.

Reactions: johne and CristoRey

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I thought you where some type of moderator actually. You seem to get away with everything. Maybe just friends then or something.

1. Do you see moderator under my name? If not, then the answer is no.
Nor have I ever requested to be one within this particular community.
I was once a moderator for both a time piece webforum, as well as for a site dedicated to Argentina. Now? I truly do not have the free time to dedicate the time to what IS a time consuming, unforgiving task.
With that said, I believe the moderators here do a stupendous job with their assignments.
2. Furthermore, I as well believe there SHOULD be a seperate Off-Topic forum for non-related matters, BUT, it is not for me to harp on it, or b*tch about it's past existence or non-existence for that matter in the here and now.
3. I can assure you I have received my fair share of infractions and deleted postings from moderators within this community.
The difference between others and I? I do not complain.....or as others might say, B*TCH.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
1. Do you see moderator under my name? If not, then the answer is no.
Nor have I ever requested to be one within this particular community.
I was once a moderator for both a time piece webforum, as well as for a site dedicated to Argentina. Now? I truly do not have the free time to dedicate the time to what IS a time consuming, unforgiving task.
With that said, I believe the moderators here do a stupendous job with their assignments.
2. Furthermore, I as well believe there SHOULD be a seperate Off-Topic forum for non-related matters, BUT, it is not for me to harp on it, or b*tch about it's past existence or non-existence for that matter in the here and now.
3. I can assure you I have received my fair share of infractions and deleted postings from moderators within this community.
The difference between others and I? I do not complain.....or as others might say, B*TCH.
you certainly complain a lot about the OT forum being removed. That I have noticed. maybe you are referring to that regarding me trying to moderate as I was part of the I believe large group opposing it or you are referring to when I was wondering why you where trolling me on a thread about flights to and from DR -Europe.

• Haha

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
you certainly complain a lot about the OT forum being removed. That I have noticed. maybe you are referring to that regarding me trying to moderate as I was part of the I believe large group opposing it or you are referring to when I was wondering why you where trolling me on a thread about flights to and from DR -Europe.

Mr. Boyter, it is REALLY not that important.
I am going to go out on my patio, and open a nice bottle of wine.
Enjoy your evening as you so see fit. 🍷👋

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Mr. Boyter, it is REALLY not that important.
I am going to go out on my patio, and open a nice bottle of wine.
Enjoy your evening as you so see fit. 🍷👋
So at the end what is the Haiti sub forum about ? Is it about everything Haiti ? Relations between the DR and Haiti ? Or is it the trashing Haiti anything goes ?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Back on topic please.....
Maybe you can answer my question then. So at the end what is the Haiti sub forum about ? Is it about everything Haiti ? Relations between the DR and Haiti ? Or is it the trashing Haiti anything goes ?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Maybe you can answer my question then. So at the end what is the Haiti sub forum about ? Is it about everything Haiti ? Relations between the DR and Haiti ? Or is it the trashing Haiti anything goes ?

As Bob mentioned, it seems you kind of answered your own question. When you click into the Haití forum you should see threads that should let you know what the purpose and topic is. In this case the discussion is whether or not the DR can be the solution to help fix the crisis in Haiti.

You will find various opinions and we currently feel this forum is important considering how we share an island with Haiti and how we have millions of Haitian’s living in the DR.

let me know if you need further clarification.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
everyone knows Haiti will never prosper until the voodoo hex is removed by 7 voodoo priestess, on the 7th day of of a year ending in 7, and that will never happen
Isn’t voodoo a type religion. I thought one of the rules on the forum was no religion. Maybe it doesn’t apply to the Haiti sub forum.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
The simple answer is that there is no fix to Haiti. Some things that are broken cannot be fixed.
Haiti is one of those things.
I think this is uncalled for and this idea is constantly repeated on here. How can you say this. There are many examples of countries that have been turned around. And technology does that countries can leapfrog forward. You never know. If this is the belief of this community why have this Haiti sub forum.

Reactions: NanSanPedro