With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hiring an attorney here and getting the VIP treatment/package so one doesn't have to do backflips in the immigration process is no different than hiring an attorney in Florida, dropping 8 or 9 grand so one can get the charges "resolved". Stuff is just cheaper here.
The DR immigration residency process is much harder now than it was in 2002.

I did not use a lawyer to sponsor 6 people legally into the US with legal residency. The process was simple and not very expensive.
I did it myself.Less expensive than my residency in the DR in 2002.
So much for your argument on that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The new government hasn't said anything about overstayers. We have already broken this down 1000x already as Winde's obsession grows worse. What was posted was a law regarding Haitians. We've proven this line by line last month. Yet you two guys keep mentioning "New government, New Government, New Government." No one cares but the lawyers that are overcharging you guys for residency and the expats who look at their dollars lost and grow more incensed by the day. Let it gooooooooooo.
The government web site changed to allow stays of up to 120 days. You think that is nothing?
They did say anything yet about day 121 and onward, which is why I asked the question.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
The FAQ at immigration still says the same, you can download the document with fees

What is the maximum time that a tourist can stay in the country with the Tourist Card?

Any foreigner who enters the country with the Tourist Card can stay in the national territory for a period of 30 days. After this time, you can extend your stay by paying the fee established by the General Directorate of Migration.

Important: To obtain information regarding the rates of stay or permanence, you must contact the General Directorate of Migration.

Vea aquí los "Requisitos para estadía o prorroga de permanencia"

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It is not a legal opinion. It is a fact. That is something you are choosing to not understand. There is no basis for overstay fees in Dominican laws. This is 100% fact. No doubt about it. Dr Guzman has also stated that the overstay fees are a legal aberration, a work around, of Dominican law and his firm is the legal consul on this forum. It is you who is not getting this point.

Also, what now happens after 120 days of the work around? More work around?
Yep. I "chose to not understand", AKA I'm dumb. OK, I give up to this foolishness right here.Carry on,and I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Have a good day.

Reactions: Andre14615

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The FAQ at immigration still says the same, you can download the document with fees

What is the maximum time that a tourist can stay in the country with the Tourist Card?

Any foreigner who enters the country with the Tourist Card can stay in the national territory for a period of 30 days. After this time, you can extend your stay by paying the fee established by the General Directorate of Migration.

Important: To obtain information regarding the rates of stay or permanence, you must contact the General Directorate of Migration.

Vea aquí los "Requisitos para estadía o prorroga de permanencia"
None of this is based upon immigration laws, but then you should know that by now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yep. I "chose to not understand", AKA I'm dumb. OK, I give up to this foolishness right here.Carry on,and I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Have a good day.
If you don't understand by now, you must be choosing not to understand. It is what it is. At the end of the day.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's actually very surprising. I thought you were going to say Haitian or Dominican.

Gets better... A Cdn with several $100M businesses.

No 'low flier'.....
Sold the company his visa was attached to for a TON.....
continued w/ his others...

NO_ NO_ NO...... out of status..... bye bye
He flew privately so could obviate a plane change in the USA

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Only 769 times since the new government took over and said they would actually enforce immigration laws as written.
Those immigration laws as written have no mention of overstay fees.

Actually, it may never have been answered since the new government made that promise. That is why I asked it, in fact.

Are you daft?

How many years do you live in the DR with a Dominican wife?

How many promises of various DR governments have you heard?
How much corruption of Government officials including Judges, Lawyers, Military, Police and citizens have you seen?

Did you honestly believe that with Abinader and the PRM in power, the DR would transform itself and its citizens into a new entity?

Honesty, integrity and observance of Dominican laws?

In our lifetime and longer the DR and its people will not change from what it is,
Because the majority of the people are not intellectually and emotionally capable/willing of doing so.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you daft?

How many years do you live in the DR with a Dominican wife?

How many promises of various DR governments have you heard?
How much corruption of Government officials including Judges, Lawyers, Military, Police and citizens have you seen?

Did you honestly believe that with Abinader and the PRM in power, the DR would transform itself and its citizens into a new entity?

Honesty, integrity and observance of Dominican laws?

In our lifetime and longer the DR and its people will not change from what it is,
Because the majority of the people are not intellectually and emotionally capable/willing of doing so.
I think you are one of the few, if not the only one, that is actually getting my point.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
After 120 days, you pay to leave. Possibly calculated from day 31. You don't pay, you don't leave.
If you don't leave you don't even have to pay, ever LOL

What can you do having residency and cedula that you cannot do without? Enter the country with a one way ticket without risk or hassle. Get a driving licence. There are simple and easy workarounds for the ticket and there are many gringos that either drive without a DL or use their expired one from their home country for decades and 200 pesos if a little grease is required. Anything else?

Reactions: Andre14615

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Everything is easier with residency and a cedula. I went the full route and got citizenship, now it is easier coming and going at the airport, and yes Dominicans like you more if you become Dominican.

Reactions: Michael DR

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Dominicans like me just fine and have no idea of my status, because I have never felt the need to tell or show them LOL. So the answer to my question seems to be nada of any consequence. IMO that is. Yes, those without have to pay if they leave, but they did not have to pay for the process or go through the agony every so often of renewing and paying again and again. You may also, erroneously again IMO, perceive yourselves as better liked or respected although I doubt that you are. It's like the gringos that think they blend in. That no one can tell that they're not native, lifelong Dominicans, which is absurd. :D

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Everything is easier with residency and a cedula. I went the full route and got citizenship, now it is easier coming and going at the airport, and yes Dominicans like you more if you become Dominican.
Bob, please be specific re: everything. I see very few things that have not been noted. It's a short list IMO and on my =/- it's not cost effective.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Actually Dominicans like you more if you have money.
That sounds very shallow. I would agree with Bob when it comes to people you are closer to after spending a lot of time here. Bob I think has family here.

Status
Not open for further replies.