With A Tourist Card Stays Longer Than 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
That sounds very shallow. I would agree with Bob when it comes to people you are closer to after spending a lot of time here. Bob I think has family here.
I live here and noted it was easy to get a lot of «friends», most unwanted, when spending money. Like everywhere.

But to get respect as a «gringo» in the community, money is not the answer. But nobody seems to bother if I am here legal or not. I have family here, car, house and bank account. None of those tasks asked what my legal status where.

Reactions: aarhus

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If you don't understand by now, you must be choosing not to understand. It is what it is. At the end of the day.
Very profound Windy. But don't give up your night job just yet in pursuit of your medical and law degrees.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bob, please be specific re: everything. I see very few things that have not been noted. It's a short list IMO and on my =/- it's not cost effective.

Well, if you do decide to leave - you'll need some official papers from your country of residence.
If your scenario involves staying here indefinitely... expired license etc....
re-entry into the rest of world might not be legally possible.... car rental, etc

I wrote a long piece on needing a country of residence....... people need one.
RD is mine

Reactions: Michael DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well, if you do decide to leave - you'll need some official papers from your country of residence.
re-entry into the rest of world might not be legally possible.... car rental, etc

RD is mine
WW check your PM's

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But you do a lot of complaining in your spare time. :LOL:
It has been good to have nothing but spare time since 2003.

If you like to call it complaining, so be it. That is up to you, at the end of the day.
Nothing is certain but change unless there is no change.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
It has been good to have nothing but spare time since 2003.

If you like to call it complaining, so be it. That is up to you, at the end of the day.
Nothing is certain but change unless there is no change.
I just have the impression that you often criticize without promoting a solution, change.

The glass is half empty instead of half full type perception

I might be totally wrong of course. This thread in Legal has gone totally of rails btw. ;)

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The DR immigration residency process is much harder now than it was in 2002.

I did not use a lawyer to sponsor 6 people legally into the US with legal residency. The process was simple and not very expensive.
I did it myself.Less expensive than my residency in the DR in 2002.
So much for your argument on that.
no argument ! Just the facts . You hire the right attorney and you have almost zero leg work in the immigration process. But unless you work, own real property or are in business why bother.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
didn't you say you were a landlord and rented rooms? Renting apts and commercial property I was on the phone alone minimum 15 hours a week
My wife has three apartments she rents here in Cabarete. The amount of time I spent helping her on that was less than an hour a month.
At this time is is down a couple of minutes or less. Hardly what I would call a job since I don't even get paid.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just have the impression that you often criticize without promoting a solution, change.

The glass is half empty instead of half full type perception

I might be totally wrong of course. This thread in Legal has gone totally of rails btw. ;)

Many here have pet projects.....

Curfew, masks, bribes..... a long list
And many are passionate in their opinions/beliefs...

Same all over the world

Not having a cause celebre might even be boring.....

If you haven't noticed by now..... windy will not be shamed off his topic...

Perhaps some people have learned something from the general discussion.... hopefully , they have

Big

Apr 24, 2019
My wife has three apartments she rents here in Cabarete. The amount of time I spent helping her on that was less than an hour a month.
At this time is is down a couple of minutes or less. Hardly what I would call a job since I don't even get paid.
ok , my mistake ! There was a gentleman here saying he was an active renter on airbnb and was very selective who he rented to and had long term renters. I know managing leases is lucrative but a supreme headache

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dominicans like me just fine and have no idea of my status, because I have never felt the need to tell or show them LOL. So the answer to my question seems to be nada of any consequence. IMO that is. Yes, those without have to pay if they leave, but they did not have to pay for the process or go through the agony every so often of renewing and paying again and again. You may also, erroneously again IMO, perceive yourselves as better liked or respected although I doubt that you are. It's like the gringos that think they blend in. That no one can tell that they're not native, lifelong Dominicans, which is absurd. :D
I dont think you understand Dominicans too well. I know very well that I will never be mistaken as a native, however here in Jarabacoa there are many white Dominicans that look less like stereotypical Dominicans than me. If I never opened my mouth many Dominicans here in Jarabacoa would think I was Dominican.

• Haha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My tax suggestion.....is in there

Windy's Auto insurance and Drivers License - valid only while legal ....... is in there

Ability to work may not appeal to all

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I can't help but feel your pain. No work. No pay. Idle. Don't leave the property. ugh.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
didn't you say you were a landlord and rented rooms? Renting apts and commercial property I was on the phone alone minimum 15 hours a week

Add to that his part-time gig playing with the band over the years, for which he was paid as well.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth

RD is mine
Please share the link, I interested to read what you wrote.

I did not say or mean to imply that I intended not to leave only that if one did not leave... no exit fee need be paid.

My scenario is fluid. I'll come and go as I please and will ensure that my DL and passport is up-to-date. Not everyone is so rigid LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.