Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I disagree.... I think they're 'setting the table'.....

New definition of a tourist -
A visitor who stays 120 days or less.

Definition of a visitor beyond 120 days...........TBA

Poco a poco, we go forward

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
depends whom you ask.
my family has only 6 or7 who live with their new families in the USA, we have a dozen with family each in Spain and Italy.
where people would prefer to go and where they finally go, are 2 different things with many deciding factors, like proximity, cheap flights to visit back home often etc.
a DR street guy would def choose Nueva Yol, he wouldn't know anything else anyways.
a mid class family would more likely look on western european cities to send their children to school/univercity.
People also tend to migrate to places where they have connections, following friends or relatives who have established themselves and can help them find a job and accommodation. That's why you find some areas of the DR where a lot of people have migrated to the same US or European cities.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Interesting.
I know people who've lived here 10 +years,
finished college here, married w/ a
few kids and run sucessful businesses
while employing many Dominicans. No
residency. I'm not going to spend anymore
time on this one unless something actually changes but it's nice see the horse is still alive and kicking

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
You are wrong. The new Minister of Interior and Police has promised to enforce the immigration laws as written that the PLD ignored for the past 16 years.
It was clearly stated as so in the news.
WTF we already broke down that law 5x for you showing in detail that it was a haitian immigration law.
Hell even the article youre referenced mentioned that the overstay fees were apart of law.
why must we keep going down the same rabbit hole, sir?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What will it take to make you a believer?

A typical tourist can now stay for 120 days, but if they stay longer, still no problem.

It will take another "gringo round up" to make a believer out of me. I do think that those who overstay get a notation on their immigration record and someday maybe that will come back to bite them. I do not think that day has arrived just yet.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Which was true when the PLD was in charge for the past 16 years.
The PRM who has full control now promised to actually enforce immigration laws.
Of course that means nothing will happen, doesn't it?
Sir Windy you know in your heart it’s true nothing will happen now, sinking ship not enough fingers to plug the holes West jet cancelled November flights to pop and December will be gone too ! Sadly We won’t be able to prove either theory this yr or next :(

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
here they can fill several truck loads with european or northamerican illegals,
plus several thousands of haitians,of course.
they better bring big busses to cope with the numbers, lol.

I laughed when I saw a woman clutching that first big guy they loaded into the truck. Caption that "who is going to pay off the colmado bill?"

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario

The old government set this table, let see if this is sit down meal or buffet. Covid is getting worse in US and will hurt DR tourism 2021 . No direct flights From Canada and quarantine rule in Canada , takes another 50% off traffic count in North Coast away . Beggars can’t be choosers comes to mind.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

By the time they figure out what to do with those that overstay 120+ days, the new extension policy may very be for 180 days.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
depends whom you ask.
my family has only 6 or7 who live with their new families in the USA, we have a dozen with family each in Spain and Italy.
where people would prefer to go and where they finally go, are 2 different things with many deciding factors, like proximity, cheap flights to visit back home often etc.
a DR street guy would def choose Nueva Yol, he wouldn't know anything else anyways.
a mid class family would more likely look on western european cities to send their children to school/univercity.
Mike, I'm not speaking about DR street guys, even by your example of schooling, overall the most highly regarded universities are in The US.
10 of the top 20 are in the US , 50 of the top 100 are in the US ...the rest scattered around the world.

And you did use the word "wanna" not where they finally go out of necessity. I still say if they can afford it , the go to the US , not neccesarily NY

Reactions: Caonabo and cavok

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The old government set this table, let see if this is sit down meal or buffet. Covid is getting worse in US and will hurt DR tourism 2021 . No direct flights From Canada and quarantine rule in Canada , takes another 50% off traffic count in North Coast away . Beggars can’t be choosers comes to mind.
Wrong Direct flights Airtransat YUl-PUJ at least since October 1 every Sunday. Maybe more in November and December.

Xtraveller

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
WTF we already broke down that law 5x for you showing in detail that it was a haitian immigration law.
Hell even the article youre referenced mentioned that the overstay fees were apart of law.
why must we keep going down the same rabbit hole, sir?
It is not a "Haitian" Migraction law. Your comments are nonsense yet again. DR immigration laws include people from all countries.
To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. The laws do not state ANYTHING AT ALL about overstay fees. Nowhere are they in the law.

Anyone on a tourist card is illegal after 30 days no matter what fees they pay. That is the law.
Regulations made up outside the law about fees do not change the law.