BUYING A BIKE IN THE DR

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Can anyone suggest where i can buy a bike . Looking for an adult bike for a female and childs bike. Any suggestions specifically for the puerto plata or santiago area? I'm sure i can get it in Santo domingo , but that would be a very , very last resort option , too old now , to drive all that way for a bike . appreciate any help you can give.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

I bought a bike from these guys in Santiago. Used bikes in great condition and affordable. They had a ton of bikes of all sorts.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

I bought a bike from these guys in Santiago. Used bikes in great condition and affordable. They had a ton of bikes of all sorts.
Thank you , i shall check this one too . the "affordable" a great word in these days and time .

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Yeah, bought one to my small daughter at a store in POP

The bicycle frame was poorly welded, dangerous to ride on, cracks. We need to know who sells quality, not that easy to google.
yeah thats the last thing i want , not looking for used , i want brand new . this looks to be the best option thus far,
https://bicicentro.com.do/product-category/bicicletas-y-cuadros/carretera/

Except for their customer service. Mesaged to the online support , they give they give me a contact in santiago , the conttact in santigo tells me to contact the santo domingo store ... Since when did they not like $$$$ . F&%K

Reactions: CDNBear

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

The bicycle frame was poorly welded, dangerous to ride on, cracks. We need to know who sells quality, not that easy to google.

was it a known brand ?

or an XYZ one....

My friend is a bicyclist here and says the quality is good.
Look at those guys on the roads - racing... I bet their welds are solid

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

And it was probably expensive too. I have seen basic bikes being sold for hundreds of bucks. Most of the small kids bikes are china made and poor quality is giving them too much credit. Just last week I bought another one private. Good quality but the bike required some work. Bought it for 3500 and spent another 1500...the kids are both thrilled.

Reactions: Lou2100 and CDNBear

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Lost in the response are /is the moments, of being a child riding a bike? Not racing , not doing tour de france. Just simple joy of riding and feel that breeze , okay maybe , just maybe put some wood down and make a ramp 😁

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Aro Y Pedal (Santo Domingo) used to sell Giant. Bought an XTC there long time ago, those are expensive but proper bikes. Aro Y Pedal stock all sorts of bike stuff.

Reactions: CDNBear

habi

Oct 17, 2015
There are some shops in POP...

there are more, just google it.... :cool:

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I am on my way to Santiago today to spend a couple of days there.

I plan to check the store out.
PM me if you want me to look for something specific in the bicycle store
@CDNBear
truly appreciate offer. I'll be checking online and contacting the vendors that you have all have provided. But thank you , if you can grrab some picks of what they do have that be great

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Visited Ciclismo RD ( Aro y pedal) today
Google map F854+MF Santiago De Los Caballeros

Small shop, friendly staff (one guy)
Not a big selection, but what they had looked like good quality.

He could also provide a used bike in the upper range if you want a MB with hydraulic brakes and not mechanical. Or sell an upgrade (shimano) 5k dop.
Had one high range 105k dop, one with mechanical disc brakes 23k dop.
Others with conventional brakes for less money. One road racer to, looked great.

Reasonable good bike for child's 3k-5k I believe.

Reactions: Lou2100