Massive effort to get kids back to learning

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike I am trying to get for grade four (Cuarto) its "Canal 25" on cable or 11 local its does not come up. I did see your link "Aprendemos.......Quinto...." when I put "Canal 19" in youtube.

Like you said it's the same book 4th to 6th grade but not the class on TV. I watch your youtube class and part of 4th grade TV today.
I would like to be able to get it on youtube ( Cuarto) so I can review with out Little one.
Can you try to see if you can get " Aprendemos........Cuadro......." for me.

Thanks Xtraveller
I typed in the youtube search "Canal 25 en vivo"
on the list theni took the 3rd reult from the top named

En vivo 3:00 PM: Aprendemos en Casa (Cuarto de la Secundaria) hoy Martes 10 del 2020

the class starts at 32:11 in the video.

Last edited:

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
that one works now, right?
the class starts at 32:11 in the video.
OOPS I look at 32:11 they are listing the Canal 25 and time but the class that start a bit further on seems to be a lot more advanced than 4TH grade primary. The title of the link says "Cuarto de Secundaria" 4th of Secondary( High School).

Thanks for taking the time to look it up, maybe "Canal 25" 4th grade is not on youtube. You know everything is possible here!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
today:
at 3:06PM the teacher sent out the message that Zoom class will start at 3:00PM, lol.
we connected to the classroom, wher after 30 minutes still just us, one more parent and the teacher been connected
and anyways we could not hear any voice from the teacher or anybody else.
we send direct message to the teacher to tell about the leak of any voice, but no answer after 30 minutes, we disconnected
so we did the same as the prior days, working without connecting with anybody/anything til 4PM, as the classes on the TV channels get repeated each hour, so from 4-5PM we followed the class on channel 19 for 4th grade primaria
and now my daughter is since 5pm doing math with her home teacher, to complete our daily 3hrs 3-6PM learning routine.

Aug 21, 2007
today:
at 3:06PM the teacher sent out the message that Zoom class will start at 3:00PM, lol.
we connected to the classroom, wher after 30 minutes still just us, one more parent and the teacher been connected
and anyways we could not hear any voice from the teacher or anybody else.
we send direct message to the teacher to tell about the leak of any voice, but no answer after 30 minutes, we disconnected
so we did the same as the prior days, working without connecting with anybody/anything til 4PM, as the classes on the TV channels get repeated each hour, so from 4-5PM we followed the class on channel 19 for 4th grade primaria
and now my daughter is since 5pm doing math with her home teacher, to complete our daily 3hrs 3-6PM learning routine.

As a former teacher and school director I give you and “A” for all your efforts!!!

• Love
Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As a former teacher and school director I give you and “A” for all your efforts!!!
but it is a mayor pain that almost nothing, that get's announced or told to start, is happening.
things never have a real plan orget tested before started, lol.
but hey, that's the way we all know things run here on Island pace.
luckily work allows me to spend that time every day, pick up teacher, bring back teacher, work at the computer at home during the classes.
most parents can not be that flexibel with their work or not pay for a private teacher 5 days a week anyways.
ours isdoing aside nowalso some "teaching light"/helping 4 children of 2 neighbour families.
there i see that average people are overrun by all this, not capable to get a plan for times to be with their children in front of TV or to do some work in the cuadernillo. and my neighbours are not the poorest, not the illiterate kind. so i can vividly imagine how it goes with children who are as a whole bunch "supervised" by Granny or a elderly neighbour lady/auntie ect duringthe days while the parents are away for work or who's parents may be at home but not capable themself to follow up 5th or higher grade class stuff to assist their children.
I can really imagine that a Mayority of the 2.8 million DR school kids are since March 2020 simply Not In School/not on any teaching, yet.
those have not much bene into edication when the schools been running reularly, but now with the not-functioning casa-education they are really off the school grid.
we will here arrange ourself for a home schooling year and we will pass this at the end fine,
but the average working class family in the country will not do such,
their children will under the line miss a full school year, develop backwards from which ever level a child had prior to the pandemic closure.