Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My post get deleted all the time.
Sometimes if I've had a few drinks
i'll poke fun at the mods who delete
them (of course those get deleted as well) but i've yet to lose any sleep
over it. Stay on topic or learn to
take your lumps like a man
Now I understand why DV8 said it was like herding cats. lol

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Also, as there wont enough vaccine shots for everyone, I doubt governments will even care to give vaccines to elderly people in nursing homes, as those are already ill and nearing death anyway.

Logistically and financially, it doesn't make sense to vaccinate someone who will die within 2 years anyway.
Now can you imagine the devastation and tragedy this will cause in many families?

Like "my dad at the nursing home is vulnerable to covid due to his advanced age, but he still won't get vaccinated against covid because the govt said he has late stage cancer/disabilities".
I can already feel the devastation this will cause to families.
Death Panels....sort of. I don't think that kind of thinking is part of Dominican Culture.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What's the difference between the vaccine available in the DR and the rest of the World? It won't be possible to keep this thread strictly DR related. Good luck with that!
There are many vaccines under development. The DR is singing up for the Astra Zeneca version. It does not require extreme cold storage. Maybe it will be effective.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
_115574651_more_vaccines_compared_v2-nc.png

Reactions: bob saunders

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Who moderates this forum? Why was my post about conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers deleted?

It is a serious concern. Many people are falling down the rabbit hole and believing in theories like Bill Gates is funding a mass extinction event by rolling out vaccines and that the pandemic is a plandemic.

Are these sorts of comments not welcome or worthy of debate?

As I mentioned in my deleted post, we have a family member who has fallen down the rabbit hole. He spends hours trawling the internet to feed his insatiable appetite for unsubstantiated facts claiming to be the truth. He doesn't call himself a conspiracy theorist, but likes to be labelled as a "truther". Equally dangerous if you ask me.

I am not a doctor. I am not a virologist. I defer to those that are educated and without agenda. Education doesn't come from the ability to use a search engine.
Then perhaps you should listen to the meeting with Dr. Roger Hodkinson - I believe he meets your criteria.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have no problem with an indvidual's concerns regarding how quickly CV19 vaccines will come to market. I have no problem with individuals who have concerns expressing those concerns once. I am ardent supporter of science and the general theory behind vaccines and their benefit to all members of a society. I'm not at all interested in wading through or rehashing the anti-vaccine crap. Here in the DR the Govt choosing the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine seems to be a good choice both because of easy to meet storage requirements and the negotiated cost per dose. Can we please stop with the "vaccine's are not good for you and here are the 72 vaccines most people get over their lifetime? Let's try to keep focused on the CV19 vaccines and whether you will be getting the recommended two doses when they are available. I don't need to know your reasons why you will or will not get vaccinated. The opinion has been stated too often already that there will not be enough clinical test results to be sure about safety. We already know that nothing is 100% guaranteed safe for everybody all the time. When the vaccine arrives here in the DR it will be as safe as it is going to get. The thread is about are you going to get vaccinated with it or not, not about your beliefs on vaccines in general. Please stop trying to convince me to change my beliefs. The arguments are old, just plain wrong and I am not inclined to change my thinking because of something said on DR1 by someone with a personal point of view to promote. If enough people in society get vaccinated and the vaccines do what they are supposed to society will be better off. The culture in this country and the reticence of people to keep their distance from each other make a vaccine solution to this virus problem an attractive one for this country. Thank you for curbing your anti-vaccine zealousness.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I would get vaccinated at the first chance I’m offered to.
Already had COVID-19 in the USA and spent time in critical but stable condition in a Hospital turned COVID-19 center in Florida.
Got billed hefty for my brief stay.

I’m supposed to keep my immunity well and strong against it until Feb-April 2021. Depending on how much of it is left in my system to fight a new infection.

This thing will NOT go away, but increase and become mutated enough to come back in a few new and interesting ways. Just like the Flu, etc...

The key is to put it under control to cancel the rapid mutation process in the pandemic 😷

I was veeeery careful guys. Masks, gloves, shields, change of outside clothes, wiping down purchased stuff, etc. It got me hard and fast.

I understood that the whole purpose of those protections was meant not to spread and protect others, not viceversa. The problem is that for it to work, all must follow the same pattern and we all know that will never happen. Unlike in China, where you follow orders or get executed behind the curtains.

I can’t wait to get my vaccine shot. We just need to survive long enough so nature can carry out its natural selection process.

Don’t worry a bit about hormonal or gene changes due to these vaccines. You already have received enough trait altering vaccines, drugs and foods to last until after your body turns into less than dust.

I prefer to die any day of the week in a war or fight, than puffing for air.

It’s not a fight. It’s hell itself coming for you.
Like they say, it’s easy to call it, but...

Life as we knew it is gone after COVID-19. This generations alive, will be the last ones to have lived the freedoms we enjoyed and were our “normal”.
From here on, it will get nastier when new viruses 🦠 hit the world population.
This was only a peek-a-boo to what we’ll be facing into the future.

Superbugs are a dime a dozen now, as antivirals have lost their edge against them.
People misused the antibacterials and antivirals like Qtips each day.

Soon, having been vaccinated or not will dictate where you can go or travel to. Even locally.
If you think it’s a hardship and violation of your free will now as things go, you just wait a bit and you’ll see what a true police state really is.

Soon you’ll welcome “safe” travelers and “authorized” people.

The streaming age is before us and the non-people to people services will become norm.

The distinction of the have and have nots will be crystal clear.

We’ll see no travel zones pop up. And be kept for long periods.

The vaccines only provide a time for authorities to set rules and impart conditions. They will wear down and like any other vaccines, become useless after re-use a number of times.

Heed the words of world’s experts. We are going to live with this virus and it’s mutations for years to come.
Everyone is a tough guy until they are punched in the face.
Suffocating slowly with this virus will make believers out of fools.
The deniers, conspiracy peddlers, hoax pushers and mask complainers disappear when they cannot breathe.

No one who has suffered through even a moderate case of CV19 will complain about masks, they are happy just to breathe.
No one can tell cult style theorists much and they will learn a hard lesson on this one.
I worked in the medical field for years and I know exactly what loss of pulmonary function does to people.

You and I do not always agree but this is your best post ever.
Glad to hear you made it through.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have no problem with an indvidual's concerns regarding how quickly CV19 vaccines will come to market. I have no problem with individuals who have concerns expressing those concerns once. I am ardent supporter of science and the general theory behind vaccines and their benefit to all members of a society. I'm not at all interested in wading through or rehashing the anti-vaccine crap. Here in the DR the Govt choosing the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine seems to be a good choice both because of easy to meet storage requirements and the negotiated cost per dose. Can we please stop with the "vaccine's are not good for you and here are the 72 vaccines most people get over their lifetime? Let's try to keep focused on the CV19 vaccines and whether you will be getting the recommended two doses when they are available. I don't need to know your reasons why you will or will not get vaccinated. The opinion has been stated too often already that there will not be enough clinical test results to be sure about safety. We already know that nothing is 100% guaranteed safe for everybody all the time. When the vaccine arrives here in the DR it will be as safe as it is going to get. The thread is about are you going to get vaccinated with it or not, not about your beliefs on vaccines in general. Please stop trying to convince me to change my beliefs. The arguments are old, just plain wrong and I am not inclined to change my thinking because of something said on DR1 by someone with a personal point of view to promote. If enough people in society get vaccinated and the vaccines do what they are supposed to society will be better off. The culture in this country and the reticence of people to keep their distance from each other make a vaccine solution to this virus problem an attractive one for this country. Thank you for curbing your anti-vaccine zealousness.
Concise, well written and to the point.
Nicely done.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I'm more concerned about being
struck by lightning than dying of
covid but thanks for stating obvious.
Note: You do not need a cedula or
residency to buy health insurance
coverage in this country.
Why would you be required to have health Insurance? pay out of pocket would be acceptable. I can understand the cedula or residency

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Death Panels....sort of. I don't think that kind of thinking is part of Dominican Culture.
Not sure why "there will not be enough shots for everyone".

The vaccine producers will make a great deal of money and will keep producing this vaccine as long as people have a peso.
All life has value is my view and this vaccine will be offered to everyone who wants it.
Some people will wait longer than others.
Some will die waiting, some will die refusing.
Will be difficult to preach anti vax nonsense to ICU personnel when they cannot breathe.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I will take the vaccine. Most of the people I know will take it. However we are also extremely likely to just suffer a scratchy throat. The people that pump sugar via soda into their body day after day, 40 pounds over weight, smoking and drinking everyday and never leaving their stained couch will die even with the vaccine. Any sedentary fatso with a 40 inch waist and a cholesterol level that indicates sludge in his veins will not be saved by the vaccine. But he may feel better after blaming others for not wearing a mask and causing him to have a slow gasping death.

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Personally, I have no intention of taking a vaccine that is 95% effective when the survival rate is 99% plus. It would be an INSANE decision to allow someone to shove a rushed chemical substance into my bloodstream when I have a functioning immune system which has served me very well over the years.
I am not a CV denier, I believe there is some kind of virus out there, possibly a bad flu, but let's remember they haven't even isolated whatever they are calling 'coronavirus'. Hospitals are ALWAYS busy at this time of year because it is FLU SEASON.
I also see that Vitamin D seems to be a key factor in reducing the severity of the illness, which makes me wonder why my government isn't promoting the use of Vitamin D and other diet/lifestyle choices that enhance the immune system.
All that being said, if it comes to 'you can't travel/work without the vaccine' I may have to rethink my lifestyle and/or my decision. However, if we devolve to that level of totalitarianism, I would hope that there would be enough like-minded individuals that we could act collectively to protect our rights/bodies/integrity.
Finally, just a reminder that 1.5 million people die annually from TB, a highly contagious respiratory illness, and prior to 2020 the world marched on, maskless, free of lockdowns and 'social distancing'.
What a time to be alive.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
For those with eyes to see:

Pfizer CEO
Albert Bourla sold shares worth more than triple his base salary on the same day his company announced the vaccine, hours after proclaiming that excellent results from the pharmaceutical company's COVID-19 vaccine in a late-stage trial made it a "great day for science and humanity."

Gee, I wonder why he did that? Perhaps he knows something we don't? In any case, hardly a vote of confidence for the new vaccine, I tell you guys, 2020 is getting weirder and weirder...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I see it like this: I have two choices; take the vaccine or wait until I actually come down with it and take my chances with the medications I've already purchased in case I do get sick.
I'm leaning towards the second option.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would sooner shoot Heroin , than allow any Covid19 Vaccine into my veins ..
This whole thing has been a SCAM from day 1.. Its not even a profit motive they have any more , there is something much worse in the works and I want no part of it . I truly believe that People who accept this Vaccine will need to be on Meds for the rest of their lives . The Rest of us will take our Chances , and if our Immune system is not up to it , then its just our Time to say goodbye .

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Not required.
Was responding to post # 61
Why would you be required to have health Insurance? pay out of pocket would be acceptable. I can understand the cedula or residency
Maybe you are both right. You just pay out of pocket even as a tourist I guess. Even though for a tourist would make more sense to do it in your home country.

Status
Not open for further replies.