Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
  • Love
Reactions: lifeisgreat

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My thoughts on this are that it is a different "strain" of CV19. If that strain spreads, how effective would the current vaccines in development be?
Nobody knows the answer to that.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
My thoughts on this are that it is a different "strain" of CV19. If that strain spreads, how effective would the current vaccines in development be?
Nobody knows the answer to that.
If that does happen there are no words for what would happen..:(

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Minks do not grow nor thrive in the DR... its a Tropical Climate ..
Although I have seen a few "Foxes from Santiago"
But sadly other than that , this has nothing to do with the DR.
therefore the thread is not relevant , and needs to be locked ..
(sarcasm)...

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I hope they didn't just get rid of them. That's a lot of mink coats and other clothing for those of us that like real fur. You might not want a coat like that in Punta Cana but up in the mountains it would be used.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Are Mink coats still a thing? Poor little guys can't catch a break.
Yes in Denmark it was a billion dollar industry with biggest population in the world of 17 million minks. We are just 5.5 million people. All minks where killed because of the virus in minks basically shutting down the industry overnight. It has created a political crisis in Denmark between the left and right as the left wing government didn’t have the proper legal authority for ordering the shutdown of the industry and killing all minks. I hear they are killing minks in other countries to now.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
and my ticket last leg Heathrow to Copenhagen was cancelled again because the UK has banned all travel to Denmark over the mink virus issue.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Paranoid people that side of the pond for sure.
I don’t know. Again they have experts maybe seeing a minimal risk. But I didn’t like the closing down an industry like that so fast. The traveling issue sounds like an overreaction but at first they thought it endangered the development of a vaccine. These travel restrictions in general seems to be a lot easier to impose than lift again. I am glad the DR opened border in July. Other places want to be perfect and have no covid and carry on with a closed border.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I read a report that stated Dogs and Cats owned by humans with CV19 can contact the virus. Study from Toronto and supported by Scientific assessment.... but no one said humans can get cv19 from cats and dogs,,,,or maybe I am wrong there.
But we are not going to kill all the cats and dogs .... so why the mink?
Got to be more than meets the eye there.
Truth is , there is a lot of supposition on everything. If not there would be no controversy.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I read a report that stated Dogs and Cats owned by humans with CV19 can contact the virus. Study from Toronto and supported by Scientific assessment.... but no one said humans can get cv19 from cats and dogs,,,,or maybe I am wrong there.
But we are not going to kill all the cats and dogs .... so why the mink?
Got to be more than meets the eye there.
Truth is , there is a lot of supposition on everything. If not there would be no controversy.
In Denmark they did say that the virus mutated among minks and jumped back to people. It was called cluster 5. There could be more to it as you say like a government wanting to get rid of the industry anyway. an industry that is banned in some countries but It will just move to eastern europe and asia.

Reactions: Russell
Status
Not open for further replies.