China donates equipment for Dominican military and police

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Carlos-Diaz-Morfa-y-Zhang-Run-El-Caribe-e1608735224512.jpg
Carlos Díaz Morfa and Zhang Run / El Caribe

The Government of the People’s Republic of China donated eight vehicles for military use and 140 motorcycles. The vehicles are being assigned to the Armed Forces, the Army, the Armada, the Air Force and the National Police. Spare parts and accessories were donated for the maintenance of the new equipment.

The Chinese Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, Zhang Run, made the donation. He said he hopes that these donated vehicles will contribute so that the military and police can play their role as guarantors of the country’s security and stability.

“The establishment of diplomatic relations more than two years ago opened a new chapter in bilateral relations. From that moment on, the exchange and cooperation between both parties in various fields, including defense and police, has been thriving,” said the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomzx11

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My Daughter in law is Chinese and her father is fairly high up in the Bank of China. When she moved to Canada with my son ( he worked in China for four years) Several of her fathers friends in Vancouver offered her jobs. Before taking one she talked to her dad and decided against it because in Chinese culture when somebody does you a favor it means you owe them a favor sometime in the future, and the favor is when they want it, and what they want. She didn't want to put her father in that position. One needs to be wary of accepting anything from the Chinese.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
"eight vehicles.......140 motorcycles"

better swap out the ignition controls............well on second thought, all the electronics.

Reactions: zoomzx11

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My Daughter in law is Chinese and her father is fairly high up in the Bank of China. When she moved to Canada with my son ( he worked in China for four years) Several of her fathers friends in Vancouver offered her jobs. Before taking one she talked to her dad and decided against it because in Chinese culture when somebody does you a favor it means you owe them a favor sometime in the future, and the favor is when they want it, and what they want. She didn't want to put her father in that position. One needs to be wary of accepting anything from the Chinese.
I've posted here on the forum a few times about my Chinese lady friend who had a PicaPollo here in Haina who told me a lot of things about how the Chinese presence in the DR works. (I don't like to use the word Mafia)
and this was one of the things she mentioned a couple of times.

She always said she was not much more than a paid slave with very little control over her personal life.

One day I went there to eat and she was gone and an old couple was there running it. When I asked what happened to my friend they just shrugged.

I would have liked to get to know her better. She seemed like a really nice person.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Spot on.
I always chuckle when ever I read about the Chinese "donating" to these smaller nations. I'm also surprised how little so many to know about the Chinese way of doing favors for people.

Reactions: Russell

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Bob, its like that everywhere.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Can we remember how many vehicles, ambulance and motos Taiwan donated to set up 911. I hope the new government remembers and see who are the real allies!

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
140 motorcycles.
20% have already had mechanical issues in the first week
10% have been pulled from service
30 % no longer have working speedometers
40 % have kickstand that have fallen off.
90 % have no mirrors or working taillights

This is typical of most Chinese bikes after early use.
CHINESE are not generous humans like other nationalities. Charity is not in their dictionary. Everything they do comes with a big hook.
Expect them to be seine harvesting all the Caribbean parrot fish in the coming weeks.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
140 motorcycles.
20% have already had mechanical issues in the first week
10% have been pulled from service
30 % no longer have working speedometers
40 % have kickstand that have fallen off.
90 % have no mirrors or working taillights

This is typical of most Chinese bikes after early use.
CHINESE are not generous humans like other nationalities. Charity is not in their dictionary. Everything they do comes with a big hook.
Expect them to be seine harvesting all the Caribbean parrot fish in the coming weeks.
I do not know the numbers but you miss my point. The former DR government had to renounce formal relations with Taiwan to establish formal relations with People Republic of China.

The DR had formal relations for many years with Taiwan and Taiwan did help DR with establishing 911 but then after a few years the former DR government change its foreign policy to recognize China ( People Republic of China) around a year before election time.....
Politics is a "Dirty" everywhere and just have to see the recent news as to what the former government was up too.......no formal accusation on my part just recent observation.

In my opinion Taiwan was better for the DR.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I do not know the numbers but you miss my point. The former DR government had to renounce formal relations with Taiwan to establish formal relations with People Republic of China.

The DR had formal relations for many years with Taiwan and Taiwan did help DR with establishing 911 but then after a few years the former DR government change its foreign policy to recognize China ( People Republic of China) around a year before election time.....
Politics is a "Dirty" everywhere and just have to see the recent news as to what the former government was up too.......no formal accusation on my part just recent observation.

There’s only one China 🇨🇳.

Supporting a stance where Taiwan 🇹🇼 is declared independent of China is detrimental to all nations sovereignty.

Macau, Hong Kong are China.

Don’t feed the trolls!

The US reversing its political stance on it, means nothing when the whole world stands by China’s side on the fact.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Supporting a stance where Taiwan 🇹🇼 is declared independent of China is detrimental to all nations sovereignty.

Don’t feed the trolls!

The US reversing its political stance on it, means nothing when the whole world stands by China’s side on the fact.
There can be two Chinese countries. You want to subject Taiwan to the same loss of freedom and enslavement of Hong Kong ?
Sorry I don't care how big China is with all its inbred people - I prefer the little island of Taiwan where the people have freedom of movement and democracy
Let's not jump off a cliff becuase the rest of the world is looking for cheaper crap.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Don’t feed the trolls!

There are 23 million Taiwanese that would disagree with you. Lots of Tibetans as well.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018

The fire engines that were previously donated were piles of crap. Beware of "chincs" bearing gifts.