Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I agree. Note my post says,”supposedly”, escaped. It was one of the many theories being spread by the US and other countries during the initial outbreak because of China’s reticence (coverup) to openly disclose the actual source of the release. To date, no hard evidence has been found to confirm where the release actually occurred. The WHO has been given permission by the Chinese government to pursue an investigation but at this stage of the pandemic, it’s highly unlikely they will find anything that points the finger directly at the Wuhan lab. My point was the vulnerability of labs to the intentional and unintentional releases of mutated viruses not just the Covid virus. Tampering with the microbial world is akin to tampering with the latch on Pandora’s box. It’s just a matter of time.
"The WHO has been given permission by the Chinese government to pursue an investigation".... You understand that statement....right?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
"The WHO has been given permission by the Chinese government to pursue an investigation".... You understand that statement....right?
Of course! I wrote that tongue in cheek to show the futility of these investigations. 🤣🤣 I would love to be in Luperon right now, sitting at the marina, enjoying a grande after a nice breakfast, shooting the shite with other sailors, and hanging out at Astrid’s cafe and my friend Russell’s house.

Reactions: Luperon

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Just keeps getting more like we’ll be seeing the Sputnik V or Cansino vaccine in the DR

Attachments

• 82D2AB18-9CA3-497C-93E8-23FBBB9B96AD.jpeg
    82D2AB18-9CA3-497C-93E8-23FBBB9B96AD.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 119

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I read where almost 1000 people arrested on the 24th. The plan to spread the virus is proceeding fantastically!!

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
MOST deaths in the world are at least a partial suicide. What you consume and how you act, who you interact with is mostly within your control. It's a fact, the number one cause of covid death is obesity.
true
MOST deaths in the world are at least a partial suicide. What you consume and how you act, who you interact with is mostly within your control. It's a fact, the number one cause of covid death is obesity.
Obesity, smoking, drinking sedentary life style, loading your body up with useless carbs. Life is full of choices!! These are the same people that blame the health care system for their problems.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
true

Obesity, smoking, drinking sedentary life style, loading your body up with useless carbs. Life is full of choices!! These are the same people that blame the health care system for their problems.

I would also add that some people expect to live forever. If they get cancer in their 80s they look to blame someone.

Whether we like it or not, we're all gonna die. The life expectance now compared with 100 years ago is staggering. The life expectancy in a 3rd world country vs the USA or Europe is likewise.

We have it good.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
true

thats the same things I was telling people years ago...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I agree. Note my post says,”supposedly”, escaped. It was one of the many theories being spread by the US and other countries during the initial outbreak because of China’s reticence (coverup) to openly disclose the actual source of the release. To date, no hard evidence has been found to confirm where the release actually occurred. The WHO has been given permission by the Chinese government to pursue an investigation but at this stage of the pandemic, it’s highly unlikely they will find anything that points the finger directly at the Wuhan lab. My point was the vulnerability of labs to the intentional and unintentional releases of mutated viruses not just the Covid virus. Tampering with the microbial world is akin to tampering with the latch on Pandora’s box. It’s just a matter of time.
Missed, supposedly, sorry for that.
My understanding is that the "escaped" theory was spread by conspiracy theorist to blame China as purposefully releasing the Coronavirus on the world without a shred of evidence. It was never believed by reputable experts.

There are 7 BSL level 4 containment labs in Europe, three in Canada and seven in the US.
Designers of the labs built in multiple overlapping safety precautions such that a leak is as close to impossible you can get.
There has never been a leak.

There is a need to study bio hazard agents.
The worldwide devastation caused by a simple Coronavirus will not be lost on terrorists.
Far cheaper and easier to develop and deliver a bio hazard than any bomb with the added advantage of bio weapons only kill the enemy and all the infrastructure is fine.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I would also add that some people expect to live forever. If they get cancer in their 80s they look to blame someone.

Whether we like it or not, we're all gonna die. The life expectance now compared with 100 years ago is staggering. The life expectancy in a 3rd world country vs the USA or Europe is likewise.

We have it good.
We are living in a sweet spot in history and have it better than anyone who has come before.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

1665 arrested and put in confined quarters on Christmas day,,,,, and the plan to spread the virus progresses. 2000 in 2 days. All they need is a few infected arrestees to spread the virus before releasing all into the general public. Great plan!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

1665 arrested and put in confined quarters on Christmas day,,,,, and the plan to spread the virus progresses. 2000 in 2 days. All they need is a few infected arrestees to spread the virus before releasing all into the general public. Great plan!

The number of new cases was reported by Dolores to be 3000 over a three day period. I see your point and have always questioned the wisdom and practicality of tossing curfew violators into a cell. That would be a good use for the empty sports stadiums. Lots of space to keep people apart until they are released. I think early in the New Year will be an eye opener for many. I'm expecting lots of new cases. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: zoomzx11

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The number of new cases was reported by Dolores to be 3000 over a three day period. I see your point and have always questioned the wisdom and practicality of tossing curfew violators into a cell. That would be a good use for the empty sports stadiums. Lots of space to keep people apart until they are released. I think early in the New Year will be an eye opener for many. I'm expecting lots of new cases. I hope I'm wrong.
Well, you probably realize by my other posts that I am all for opening EVERYTHING and doing away with any Touque de Queda. I know you don't agree but the inconsistencies in policies is like something from a Kurt Vonnegut novel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, you probably realize by my other posts that I am all for opening EVERYTHING and doing away with any Touque de Queda. I know you don't agree but the inconsistencies in policies is like something from a Kurt Vonnegut novel.
We do seem to be in a simulation of a Vonnegut novel. Good writer, he was.

I don't expect ANYTHING to change SIGNIFCANTLY in the DR until the end of 2021, the Year of the Vaccination.
In other words, I expect essentially the same curfews in place until then.

Reactions: bob saunders

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If there is zero enforcement of the science based regulations to reduce disease spread what is likely to happen?
The enforcement actions are to make a point to encourage compliance.
If there is some other way it would be great.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Probably more than you could if chose to visit our fine country.
I highly highly doubt that ..

but do continue with your biased posts ..
If there is zero enforcement of the science based regulations to reduce disease spread what is likely to happen?
The enforcement actions are to make a point to encourage compliance.
If there is some other way it would be great.
So " encouraging" compliance by actually GIVING people the Virus in a cramped Jail Cell.
this makes sense to you ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Capital punishment works as good deterrent...hang em bullets expensive in DR..
Seize Property... heavy FINES , Public Shaming ... ok fine
... but Not jail time , to spread even MORE Covid

having a Wedding is not a Violent act .. there are no Victims .

anyone with even an oz of Common sense , would know this is BAD ..

but then judging by what we see posted here .. common sense is not too common any more

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
We do seem to be in a simulation of a Vonnegut novel. Good writer, he was.

I don't expect ANYTHING to change SIGNIFCANTLY in the DR until the end of 2021, the Year of the Vaccination.
In other words, I expect essentially the same curfews in place until then.
I keep trying to deny this as a possibility but you may be right. Abineder just came out and said that the D.R. has Covid under control PLUS he is pushing for tourism to make a come back. I don't see how he can keep the curfew at 7, or worse plus he has to realize that he will kill many businesses permanently. People are suffering, the holidays are a distraction for now but that will change quickly.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Missed, supposedly, sorry for that.
My understanding is that the "escaped" theory was spread by conspiracy theorist to blame China as purposefully releasing the Coronavirus on the world without a shred of evidence. It was never believed by reputable experts.

There are 7 BSL level 4 containment labs in Europe, three in Canada and seven in the US.
Designers of the labs built in multiple overlapping safety precautions such that a leak is as close to impossible you can get.
There has never been a leak.

There is a need to study bio hazard agents.
The worldwide devastation caused by a simple Coronavirus will not be lost on terrorists.
Far cheaper and easier to develop and deliver a bio hazard than any bomb with the added advantage of bio weapons only kill the enemy and all the infrastructure is fine.
China certainly made a very calculated decision in cahoots with WHO to downplay and lie about the facts...period. They did this knowing that all the folks in their pocket would run cover for them. They were very successful. The Dominican Republic, America, the environment and the world are paying the consequences. China will get much stronger as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.