Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
The Maritimes are having a bit of trouble....

My Brother who lives in Prince Edward Island was required to go to Moncton New Brunswick for Medical Assessment...when he arrived back at PEI he was told to isolate for 14 days. That was 4 days ago,

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I almost posted that article this AM
seems they are quite serious....
96 hrs allowed now for a short time
Did you see where West Jet , Air Canada and Sunwing gave an earful to Prime Minister Trudeau.. about the PCR test requirement....many left stranded in Jamaica, Mexico ,Cuba and several other countries where it is difficult to get a PCR Test.... West Jet just laid off another 1000 workers due to this unbelievable measure.

Miro

Feb 14, 2012
I've been reading all the posts on here about getting the test, before they return to Canada. The Canadiangov. have been telling Canadians since March to forego non essential travel, but people have not been heeding the warning. Now, politicians, and other people that have travelled, are getting fired, or demoted, for not following the rules. Bill Blair our National security guy, said this will slow people from travelling. By the way we just hit our highest day of covid cases and our hospitals have no more ICU beds. and surgeries are being postponed. What are you coming back to?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I guess it looks like CMC in sosua is not going to be a viable option for a test for those who want to fly to Canada. Too bad.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
The shit show should not come as a surprise.

That's what the traveling ban says in the US. In a nutshell, given the circumstances and the ever changing requirements in different countries, if you chose to travel and get stuck somewhere, you are on your own.

I travel but I have back up plans and funds.

If I get stuck somewhere, i don't expect anyone to cry for me.

Reactions: Miro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Haha, French Canadians quiet, maybe one in a hundred. Plus most Francophone Canadians are very white. Great people, most of them.
They are like the Welsh - love them or loath them.
I find French Canadians to be insufferable.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe these new Canadian rules are in place to keep so many Canadians from leaving in general.
Got to keep those taxpayers locked inside.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I've been reading all the posts on here about getting the test, before they return to Canada. The Canadiangov. have been telling Canadians since March to forego non essential travel, but people have not been heeding the warning. Now, politicians, and other people that have travelled, are getting fired, or demoted, for not following the rules. Bill Blair our National security guy, said this will slow people from travelling. By the way we just hit our highest day of covid cases and our hospitals have no more ICU beds. and surgeries are being postponed. What are you coming back to?
Some clarification is required here. Ontario is the only province resorting to province wide relocation of hospital patients because of the overload created by Covid infections. They want to free up space for people requiring life saving surgery and elective surgery. The other provinces can still cope with number of incoming Covid patients.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
They are like the Welsh - love them or loath them.
I find French Canadians to be insufferable.

We refer to it as the two solitudes in Canada CB. French versus English. Québécois have a strong sense of culture and they have laws to protect it. They cry the loudest and get financially rewarded by the Federal government when they do. They have threatened to separate several times and came very close to doing it a few decades ago.

What’s important is they make up a significant percentage of the Canadian snowbird and AI tourist population in the DR. They were here in large numbers for the Holiday season and are still coming to the DR despite the Canadian government warnings.

Their ancestors helped Americans in the War of Independence and fought against American expansion into Canada during the War of 1812. The French Acadians (Cajuns) choose not to swear allegiance to the British king and relocated to the bayous of the South. Colourful characters They were a double edged sword then and still are today.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
We refer to it as the two solitudes in Canada CB. French versus English. Québécois have a strong sense of culture and they have laws to protect it. They cry the loudest and get financially rewarded by the Federal government when they do. They have threatened to separate several times and came very close to doing it a few decades ago.

What’s important is they make up a significant percentage of the Canadian snowbird and AI tourist population in the DR. They were here in large numbers for the Holiday season and are still coming to the DR despite the Canadian government warnings.

Their ancestors helped Americans in the War of Independence and fought against American expansion into Canada during the War of 1812. The French Acadians (Cajuns) choose not to swear allegiance to the British king and relocated to the bayous of the South. Colourful characters They were a double edged sword then and still are today.
Jeez sounds like we talking about BLM:p

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
The Maritimes are having a bit of trouble....

I would argue that Atlantic Canada is doing things better than most everywhere else. We import covid on airplanes from the rest of the country, isolate them and then release them after they recover. Once in a while, someone doesn't obey the rules and we get a spike. That happened a couple of weeks ago in NS where we spiked to well over 100 cases. This week it is reduced to 29 active cases out of a population of a million people. This sort of thing has happened in Atlantic Canada from the start but so far the spikes have always been snuffed out.

What looks like trouble is our governments reacting properly. Contact tracing works well when the government and the population both act like grown ups.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe these new Canadian rules are in place to keep so many Canadians from leaving in general.
Got to keep those taxpayers locked inside.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.. Freedoms are restricted in many places now.

With CMC being out for CV19 tests for returning Canadians, is Bournigal the closest option to Sosua/Cabarete? And can they turn such a test around consistently in time? I don't ask about what they say, I ask about what the can actually do?

Reactions: chico bill

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I would argue that Atlantic Canada is doing things better than most everywhere else. We import covid on airplanes from the rest of the country, isolate them and then release them after they recover. Once in a while, someone doesn't obey the rules and we get a spike. That happened a couple of weeks ago in NS where we spiked to well over 100 cases. This week it is reduced to 29 active cases out of a population of a million people. This sort of thing has happened in Atlantic Canada from the start but so far the spikes have always been snuffed out.

What looks like trouble is our governments reacting properly. Contact tracing works well when the government and the population both act like grown ups.
Yes, the Maritimes has a stellar record..... I was surprised to see the article I posted

Very difficult to contain this virus

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Jeez sounds like we talking about BLM:p

More along the lines of the North/ South cultural divide made real by the Mason-Dixon line and still very real today. Don’t be too hard on the French snowbirds and tourists in the DR. Their ancestors gave you one of the greatest US icons, the Statue of Liberty. Chill out, sit back, and enjoy a big plate of Poutine, French fries slathered in gravy, topped with cheese curds. An iconic French Canadian meal. Tastier in the DR because of the local potatoes. You can hear your arteries hardening while you eat it. 😂

Reactions: bob saunders
Status
Not open for further replies.