Recommendations for demolishing and building new pool

Kelly Anne

Jan 9, 2021
Sosua
Looking for recommendations on a pool builder. Anyone have experience with AIN North Coast Constructions? Owned by a Nico Cabarete.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Another company with no Google presence.

There is another company you can find on google. Paradise Pools (dominicanpools.com)

Not a lot of reviews, but apparently have been around for almost 30 years.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
There is a guy I use called Santiago Angomas. He seems to be a go-to guy for pools a lot of people in the capital and in Las Terrenas use him. He does the design and the engineering side and gets contractors to do the build. I have used him for both of my pools and I'm happy with him. PM me if you want his details.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Add boat to the fray...you get footitis another foot bigger..then you get there can’t wait to get out..ok PTSD just kicked in.. o_O
Sooo right. How could I have forgotten that one.

The smart folks have friends who own that stuff.

• Love
Reactions: jinty05

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Another company with no Google presence.

There is another company you can find on google. Paradise Pools (dominicanpools.com)

Not a lot of reviews, but apparently have been around for almost 30 years.
Wouldn't recommend them. They try to build houses as well. Couldn't even finish my simple remodel, had to get someone else to finish it. Be careful with them.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
As a retired pool builder, I've cleaned up and fixed more pools than any of the above mentioned "builders" have constructed. WHOEVER you get to rebuild your pool, get references AND CHECK THEM!!! I know one pool built by one of the above mentioned "builders" that leaked 6" a day from the first day and the builder refused to resolve the problem.

dominicanjack

Jan 16, 2009
use Flex pipe when building pool on all around instead of abs/pvc white , cost more thank me later...
life is great ... is 100% correct .. there are 300 small earthquakes a day in the DR .. the Flex pipe is what gets put in, after you did your pool up for the 1st or 2nd time .. !

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
life is great ... is 100% correct .. there are 300 small earthquakes a day in the DR .. the Flex pipe is what gets put in, after you did your pool up for the 1st or 2nd time .. !
I’ve seen pipes buried 1 foot come up after couple yrs any guess what caused it.........ant colony!!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm building a 2 story house.... Would you recommend flex pipe throughout the house for the same reason?
If I were building or remodeling a house, that's what I would do. It really simplifies a lot of things.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Amen to that. Two things I always wanted until I had the opportunity to have them was a pool and a beachfront house.
Never again.
Agreed. Unless you have young children nix the pool.
They are just a good waste of lawn