possibly make them sick? Or will it just be
"todo esta bien mi amigo no te preocuppado por nada"
No worries
151EFFE6-52E1-4120-B85E-6B9DEB26B269.jpeg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Throw that variable into the equation, and you know it's going to happen. But little Tito gets an expired vaccine, catches Covid, is asymptomatic the whole time......... Who's gonna know?
Refer trucks don't require the grid and there aree also plenty of backup generators.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Florida with flawed plan and supply was using hospitals still was able to give 500000 people in a month ..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I think Dolores is mistaken with her headline. The DR is to get the Oxford / Astra Zeneca vaccine which only needs to be refrigerated.

The Pfizer one does need to be kept very cold, but we aint getting that one here.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I think Dolores is mistaken with her headline. The DR is to get the Oxford / Astra Zeneca vaccine which only needs to be refrigerated.

The Pfizer one does need to be kept very cold, but we aint getting that one here.
that should be checked...word was out weeks ago it was oxford vaccine....the sooner they start the jab, the sooner the tourists return.

Reactions: zoomzx11

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Wondering how much are the bribes paid to bring the vacunas over and who will be pocketing all the monies just to import, and handle when times comes?

Another pulpo ring in the making.

I'm sure there will be a short of ice soon in this country, do stock up!

Reactions: rubio_higuey

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
that should be checked...word was out weeks ago it was oxford vaccine....the sooner they start the jab, the sooner the tourists return.

The photo attached to the article shows the tech holding a vial of the Pfizer vaccine and the article states the government has contracted with AstraZeneca to supply most of the vaccine, the implication being Pfizer may be part of their supply.

Some DR university labs may have freezers capable of storing small quantities of the Pfizer vaccine. I don’t know if reefers are capable of freezing down to -70 degrees. I doubt it, especially in tropical climates. They use small Volvo-Penta type diesel engines to supply power to their cooling units to freeze their cargo. A lot of these engines go missing at container ports because the are ideal engines for sailboats. As long as the engines are maintained and kept fuelled, they can run for long periods. They are not dependent on electrical sources.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It was on the news tonight but I didn't pay attention and my wife said it didn't say how many of the pfizer vaccine arrived.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The photo attached to the article shows the tech holding a vial of the Pfizer vaccine and the article states the government has contracted with AstraZeneca to supply most of the vaccine, the implication being Pfizer may be part of their supply.

Some DR university labs may have freezers capable of storing small quantities of the Pfizer vaccine. I don’t know if reefers are capable of freezing down to -70 degrees. I doubt it, especially in tropical climates. They use small Volvo-Penta type diesel engines to supply power to their cooling units to freeze their cargo. A lot of these engines go missing at container ports because the are ideal engines for sailboats. As long as the engines are maintained and kept fuelled, they can run for long periods. They are not dependent on electrical sources.
I used a refrigerated trailer for one of my clients a few years back and it was a constant issue for it to hit 32 degrees. I was moving medical supplies that needed to be kept below freezing (sound familiar) and the cargo was always accompanied by a temperature recorder.

Over the three years I moved their cargo, we only saw below 30 a handful of times, and that was during inclement weather.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Kaiser survey of adults offered Coronavirus vaccine found 15% said definitely not get the vaccine.
53% of them had no education past high school.
On the flip side people with at least a college degree 70 % said they would get the vaccine asap.
90 percent of medical residents chose to get the vaccine right away.
One survey, what do they know?

Let those that do not want it just go to the back of the line, all the way to the end.

Put their names on the wait and see if there is enough for everyone else first, list.
Who knows how this will untangle such as everyone who wants one gets it.

beachcomber

Oct 15, 2003
I read that the Oxford one is far less temperature sensitive than the Pfizer vaccine which makes sense for here here.. a friend of mine has been working on it in Oxford .. they caught the virus and recovered

Reactions: USA DOC

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Kaiser survey of adults offered Coronavirus vaccine found 15% said definitely not get the vaccine.
53% of them had no education past high school.
On the flip side people with at least a college degree 70 % said they would get the vaccine asap.
90 percent of medical residents chose to get the vaccine right away.
One survey, what do they know?

Let those that do not want it just go to the back of the line, all the way to the end.

Put their names on the wait and see if there is enough for everyone else first, list.
Who knows how this will untangle such as everyone who wants one gets it.

I’m not surprised by the survey results. Knowledge is power and destroys myths. It’s that simple. What surprises me now is millions of people worldwide have been inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine with limited or no adverse effects and some people still fear the vaccine. If adverse effects, especially life threatening ones were prevalent, the media would be on that faster than a Pedro Clisante street lady on a monger with a bulging wallet. That hasn’t happened.

The Pfizer vaccine has become the gold standard for efficacy and minimal adverse effects, despite it’s complicated storage and shipping requirements. Maybe the DR government is planning on purchasing a limited amount for front line medical staff, the President and Vice President, and cabinet members, while the general population gets the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I used a refrigerated trailer for one of my clients a few years back and it was a constant issue for it to hit 32 degrees. I was moving medical supplies that needed to be kept below freezing (sound familiar) and the cargo was always accompanied by a temperature recorder.

Over the three years I moved their cargo, we only saw below 30 a handful of times, and that was during inclement weather.
Anytime I did hazardous material inspections on containers at the ports, I would notice some stacked inactive reefer containers with missing Volvo Penta Diesel engines and wonder who acquired a replacement sail boat engine. 😆 The stevedores said they were hot items.

Lab freezers capable of freezing and storing contents at -70 degrees are readily available for purchase if the DR government chooses to acquire the Pfizer vaccine.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is just keeping the lights on and water running that cannot be overcome.

Using the Pfizer vaccine in great quantities in the DR is completely impractical. Thinking otherwise is a mountain, a mountain of BS.

But yet, you CHOOSE to stay.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006

You would think that Govt here would be super proud of and in a big hurry to show off their Pfizer ready storage freezers. I'd bet they don't have any...
Its only a "will arrive this month" promise.
They do not need the freezers yet.

Why so long to just "arrive".
Talk to me when you got some ready to inject.
Is there a workable distribution plan as to exactly how the vaccine gets to the public?
Distribution is a big problem in other countries.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Its only a "will arrive this month" promise.
They do not need the freezers yet.

Why so long to just "arrive".
Talk to me when you got some ready to inject.
Is there a workable distribution plan as to exactly how the vaccine gets to the public?
Distribution is a big problem in other countries.
A month in gringo time or a month Dominican time?

Reactions: malko

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
Ultra-cold Vaccine freezers seem to be around 15K and I see that vaccines are being ship by air in dry ice.
I think that the DR government can buy 20 or 30 of these a week before vaccines arrived and vaccinate
only in Stgo and Capital in an month.

Just from the Internet :
"The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine needs to be stored at minus 70 Celsius.
Health care providers will need to store it either in dry ice for shorter stints or in specialized freezers."

"Moderna has said that its vaccine needs to be frozen too, but only at minus 20 Celsius, more like a regular freezer."

"Pfizer has tried to calm concerns about the challenges presented by these cold temperatures. It has designed its own packaging to keep doses super cold with dry ice,
so that they can be stored for a few weeks without specialized freezers"

"Ebola vaccine, for example, was successfully used in a few African countries and also required this ultra-cold chain storage."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...accine-need-to-be-kept-colder-than-antarctica