Covid-19 Testing at CMC In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anticipating questions from potential renters at El Neptuno about virus testing for the return flight, we contacted CMC this morning to see what is now available:

Both PCR by the nose with results in 3 hours and fast test by blood with results in 1 hour

Antigen test not being given at this time.

To be tested, go to Emergency and they will direct you to the space they have provided for the testing

No appointment needed, tests are given in order of arrival.

Doctor prescription not necessary

Schedule: 8-5 Monday through Friday, 8 to noon on Saturday

When you have received the test they will give you instructions on how to access the results by computer if you don't want to return to the clinic for the results

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I wrote to a contact I have at CMC and this is what they said was currently available as of yesterday. Things could change without notice as supplies are used up. CMC is attempting to procure the necessary equipment/Test for the LAMP-PCR test but as of yesterday they do not know if and when that testing will become available.

We do the following tests:
CoViD 19 Antigen PCR Nasopharyngeal $4400RD
CoViD 19 IGG/IGM in blood $1498RD

*If it is for flying purposes, please check with your airline or the consulate website to make sure the antigen test is accepted.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wrote to a contact I have at CMC and this is what they said was currently available as of yesterday. Things could change without notice as supplies are used up. CMC is attempting to procure the necessary equipment/Test for the LAMP-PCR test but as of yesterday they do not know if and when that testing will become available.

*If it is for flying purposes, please check with your airline or the consulate website to make sure the antigen test is accepted.
Neither of those tests is what the Canadian Government is asking for. CMC did say earlier they might get RT-PCR equipment for testing soon which is what Canadians need. Time will tell.

The CoViD 19 Antigen PCR Nasopharyngeal $4400RD would be fine for the new USA requirements.

Reactions: Caonabo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I don't know who your contact is but what I am reporting is what we were told today when we called directly to CMC

Given the discrepancy, we will call again in the morning.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't know who your contact is but what I am reporting is what we were told today when we called directly to CMC

Given the discrepancy, we will call again in the morning.
My contact is the person responsible for liaising with the various int'l insurance companies on behalf of patients. I believe the info I provided to be correct. Although it is possible that CMC has no more AG-PCR tests available. However, based on the info I was sent and the comments of other posters and the Cdn Govt website, neither of the two tests offerred by CMC is sufficient for catching a flight to Canada but either may well be good enough to meet the new USA requirements. There have been reports that I have seen where some passengers were able to check in with Air Transat with the the AG_PCR test results from CMC but those instances appear to be errors made by the check in staff at the airport. It has been much more difficult to catch a westjet flight without the correct RT-PCR or LAMP-PCR test from labs in Puerto Plata. For the sake of expediency Canada should allow the antigen tests, but it appears that is not going to happen so returning Canadians will have a much more difficult time meeting the requirements for testing - which I presume is the point of the exercise - stay home do not travel.

Reactions: thompstr

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, but your information is wrong. Hard to believe you were sent that information the day before yesterday as you said since it was incorrect at that time.

We just returned from CMC after talking directly with the people there. They confirmed the information given by phone yesterday.

Tests they are giving are:

1, The PCR with results in 3 hours (RD$4400)

2. Test by blood with results in 1.5 hours (RD$1198)

Antigen test not being given at this time.

To be tested, go to Emergency and they will direct you to the space they have provided for the testing

No appointment needed, tests are given in order of arrival.

Doctor prescription not necessary

Schedule: 8-5 Monday through Friday, 8 to noon on Saturday

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have started a new thread on this since the message by Cdn_Gringo is a cause of confusion

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We all know you need to be careful about accepting information given to you at face value in this country. One DR1 person who went to CMC for the test did confirm it was the AG-PCR (AG=Antigen) test that was performed. Just because the counter staff at CMC see the letters PCR doesn't necessarily mean it is the RT-PCR which is a completely different test. Those going to CMC would be well advised to confirm exactly what it is they are getting for their money. Hopefully the LAMP test will come to CMC soon and that will alleviate any problems with the airlines for Canadians. So if anyone goes to CMC for the swab PCR test, please let us know what you end up getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.