Haiti is a failed state in irreversible decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Ya know, you come on this site, stir up the waters on Haiti which is fine because you are obviously passionate about the subject before leaving the site for a month or two and then coming back and starting the same ol thing over again..

Being that you are sooo passionate about Haiti, I'm curious as to what you personally do to make Haiti and her people a better place other than flapping your gums every other month on this forum??

I'm interested if your passion is fueled by any personal actions or is it just a load of hot air..
What is the purpose of you throwing down the gauntlet?
Do you really have a interest in my passion or are you just trolling me like so many others do here?
Do you know why I leave the site and then return?
How can you accuse me of stirring up the waters on Haiti when I cannot have a conversation with myself?
Why are you not asking the people who are posting here the same questions you are asking me?
Why are you not asking others posting here about their personal actions in making Haiti and her people a better place?
Care to post what you are doing to make Haiti and her people a better place?

Your serve‼️

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What is the purpose of you throwing down the gauntlet?
Do you really have a interest in my passion or are you just trolling me like so many others do here?
Do you know why I leave the site and then return?
How can you accuse me of stirring up the waters on Haiti when I cannot have a conversation with myself?
Why are you not asking the people who are posting here the same questions you are asking me?
Why are you not asking others posting here about their personal actions in making Haiti and her people a better place?

Your serve‼️
He asked you a legitimate question and you deflected. Until you go to Haiti and see with your eyes wide open listening to Haitians going to university in the DR will only give you a small idea of reality in Haiti.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
He asked you a legitimate question and you deflected.
With all due respects the questions were not legitimate. Now I do not red o spel 2 gud my DR1 brother, but did YOU actually read the post to which you are referring ❓

The OP leads with a personal attack. The OP then adds sarcasm. Then the OP asks me to explain my personal motivations while adding his opinion about my posts.

Internet troll
1. person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Haiti is a failed state in irreversible decline​

What is OP position on the topic at hand ❓
Why did the OP make personal attacks instead of discussing the topic at hand?
Why do you support the personal attacks made by the OP?
Can the OP not speak for themselves ❓
You realize that when you click on the profile of the OP you get: "This member limits who may view their full profile." ❓
So, they are not even willing reveal that part to others here on DR1. Yet the OP is comfortable asking about my personal motivations.

Nah, brother. I am not falling for the "banana in the tail pipe" trick again.
If the OP want to know about me personally, they can seen me a personal message. And I have not received anything from them.
After each and every person posting in this thread tells their personal motivations for posting here starting with the OP then you will get a answer out of me.
Until you go to Haiti and see with your eyes wide open listening to Haitians going to university in the DR will only give you a small idea of reality in Haiti.
Is your assertion that everyone posting in this thread has been to Haiti and because I have not been to Haiti I am not allowed to form an opinion based on sources that I trust❓

I do not need someone to blast me with 00 buck to know shotgun bullets are bad for my health❓

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
We can debate yes or no the failed state status of Haiti all day and night. It's almost academic.

There are 11 million folks there. All human beings created in God's image and likeness. They could give a shit less if we call it a forever failed state or not. Those opinions don't put food on the table.

It has to start with the diaspora, but helping individual Haitians achieve a modicum of independence is a worthwhile endeavor. I work with 2 churches in Haiti, one in okap and the other in Savanne Longe, just outside of Ouanaminthe. They are doing just that, helping the individual members get themselves out of poverty.

There needs to be more of that on the micro level. Big bureaucracies like the Red Cross, the UN, and Children International don't do too much except drive nice jeepetas.
I agree with you completely. It starts with the economic imperialists getting out. And the people working on the country. Money is still needed. But not in large quantities initially. When you find a person who is starving you do not sit them down to a Las Vegas style buffet immediately. You give them water. Suger water. Small amounts of food until their systems adjust. Poco y Poco is how you rebuild‼️

Do have have travel to Haiti before I can form an opinion about it❓
Is it my job to fix the Haitian government❓
Is it not enough for me to keep hope alive for the "11 million folks there" and help those who help me❓

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
What is the purpose of you throwing down the gauntlet? Wishing to understand why you come on here to simply bash peoples opinions without offering anything positive in regards to your own thread...
Do you really have a interest in my passion or are you just trolling me like so many others do here? Thank You for making my point.. "Like so many others do here"??
Do you know why I leave the site and then return? Yes.. You get your fulfillment of twisted fun until the next time..
How can you accuse me of stirring up the waters on Haiti when I cannot have a conversation with myself? No accusations.. Just fact that speaks for itself in this thread..
Why are you not asking the people who are posting here the same questions you are asking me? You are the "Root Cause" It's your thread and it dies quickly when you get enough and move on.. "Until the next time" you surface..
Why are you not asking others posting here about their personal actions in making Haiti and her people a better place? Because they have made their positions perfectly clear.. Unlike you .. As I figured, you won't answer this question because you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Haiti or Haitians.. You're Just hot air.
Care to post what you are doing to make Haiti and her people a better place? This is perfect and also proves my point.. You see, I have already posted my views and what I do and have done on this thread, but YOU have no clue because YOU are a do nothing person who just wants to stir the pot when he gets bored, and cares nothing bout Haiti...

Your serve‼️ Are you playing tennis??.. How stupid..

Reactions: Caonabo

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
jstarebel posted this comment inside of my post so I cannot respond to it directly:
"Why are you not asking the people who are posting here the same questions you are asking me?" You are the "Root Cause" It's your thread and it dies quickly when you get enough and move on.. "Until the next time" you surface..

Actually it is NOT my thread. Reference made to post #1

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
jstarebel posted this comment inside of my post so I cannot respond to it directly:
"Why are you not asking the people who are posting here the same questions you are asking me?" You are the "Root Cause" It's your thread and it dies quickly when you get enough and move on.. "Until the next time" you surface..

Actually it is NOT my thread. Reference made to post #1
Still evading the question you harp on everyone else for.. How special...

Care to post what you are doing to make Haiti and her people a better place? This is perfect and also proves my point.. You see, I have already posted my views and what I do and have done on this thread, but YOU have no clue because YOU are a do nothing person who just wants to stir the pot when he gets bored, and cares nothing bout Haiti...

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With all due respects the questions were not legitimate. Now I do not red o spel 2 gud my DR1 brother, but did YOU actually read the post to which you are referring ❓

The OP leads with a personal attack. The OP then adds sarcasm. Then the OP asks me to explain my personal motivations while adding his opinion about my posts.

Internet troll
1. person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Haiti is a failed state in irreversible decline​

What is OP position on the topic at hand ❓
Why did the OP make personal attacks instead of discussing the topic at hand?
Why do you support the personal attacks made by the OP?
Can the OP not speak for themselves ❓
You realize that when you click on the profile of the OP you get: "This member limits who may view their full profile." ❓
So, they are not even willing reveal that part to others here on DR1. Yet the OP is comfortable asking about my personal motivations.

Nah, brother. I am not falling for the "banana in the tail pipe" trick again.
If the OP want to know about me personally, they can seen me a personal message. And I have not received anything from them.
After each and every person posting in this thread tells their personal motivations for posting here starting with the OP then you will get a answer out of me.

Is your assertion that everyone posting in this thread has been to Haiti and because I have not been to Haiti I am not allowed to form an opinion based on sources that I trust❓

I do not need someone to blast me with 00 buck to know shotgun bullets are bad for my health❓
As the actual OP in this thread, the post I made was from a news source. I happen to agree that Haiti is irrevocably failed. I have neighbors that lived in Haiti for years trying to help and they realized there was nothing that they or anyone else could do. So they gave up and moved out of Haiti to the DR.

I have no idea about any of my full profile being limited since I had nothing to set that up., but I see you have mistaken someone else for the OP.

And I never asked about your personal motives, someone else did who is NOT the OP.

So let's pose a question: What within the realm of possibility could bring Haiti out of being a failed state, in say, the next 100 years?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I too have posted what I have done for Haitians that I have known here in 🇩🇴 .
You can find the examples you seek throughout my posts I have made on Haiti (that is if you actually read them). I help people who help me. Not my job to fix Haiti. Now, if you are offering me a position within the government of Haiti or a consulting position I will take it and then I will put on the thinking cap and goto work on their behalf. Because if you have read my posts you know my ideas. Like the many others here, if you do not agree with them, I am good with that.
This is perfect and also proves my point.. You see, I have already posted my views and what I do and have done on this thread, but YOU have no clue because YOU are a do nothing person who just wants to stir the pot when he gets bored, and cares nothing bout Haiti...
This proves my point that you are actually more interested in making ad hominem attacks against me. I good with it and I do not care. But when you are actually ready to challenge my ideas...I'm waiting.

I keep hope about Haiti alive. Many others on here do not. If Haiti is actually important to you, I wonder why I do not see you taking issue with them directly. Care to explain your problem with me to everyone here❓

Your serve‼️

Jan 9, 2004
So let's pose a question: What within the realm of possibility could bring Haiti out of being a failed state, in say, the next 100 years?
One or two more dictatorships and then a civil war. By 2121 they will finally be ready.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The Haitians are victims (victim hood works every time) and were shafted by "the man"
Much like the Wu Tang Clan, they were shafted by "the man" so lets ignore all of the
poor decisions they made or the fact that some folks just have lower IQ's. Too many
lower IQ's in the same spot for any amount of time always brings with it lots of problems.
The only way going forward is reparation's, free money to all of those who feel they
are entitled to it and a shit load of free stuff from the more prosperous people/ nations
with higher IQ's and better problem solving skills.

I say too bad. May the reap what they've sown. I feel the same way about all of those losers
living in (pick a big city) America, Canada or Europe.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
All the agreements in the world will not work without implementation. As my father used to SAY : The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
My Father you to SAY: "Nothing ventured; nothing gained"‼️
The 🇩🇴 recognizes this. A problem on your flank when you share the same island will eventually become your problem.

Colin Powell said: "I mean, if you're attacking and suddenly you get attacked from the flank", you don't say, 'I'm going to keep attacking straight ahead ignore this new threat coming at my flank."

Colin Powell also said: “Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.”

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
1610824628583.png

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The first thing Haiti needs to do is read and understand the words of Wu Tang Clan.
Far from projecting victimhood (as some have mistakenly written) followers of the Wu know it is about handling your business.
"Yo, you best protect ya neck!" - Wu Tang Clan
That is what Haiti needs to do‼️
Start with telling the economic imperialists to go home. With that first step Haiti it will be well on its way to recovery.
They do not need a 100 years to do it IF those currently exploiting the country are not allowed to do so anymore ‼️

"First things first, man, you're f****** with the worst
I'll be sticking pins in your head like a f****** nurse
I'll attack any ****** who slack in his mack
Come fully packed with a fat rugged stack"

No sign of victimhood in the above stanza‼️

Music to my 👂s If you going to rep the Wu...Rep it right or go home. 🤨
Go Haiti🇭🇹

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
Hi.

I could give more negatives than positives on Haiti. I spend 6 mnths in Haiti amd 6 inmthe DR. I am isolated and secure in Haiti. However I have in depth community interactions.

I find it more Anarchy localy. It is democratic however as stated the money flows in debatable where spent.

There is a culture of lookng for donations NGO cash then exhauusting the money then moving on.

Lack of education as noted

A stable government is required which has not happened.

Just my thoughts!

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Status
Not open for further replies.