Venezuelans Regularize Status and Extend Stay in the DR

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Direccion General de Migracion has issued an order which will allow those Venezuelans who entered the D.R. on a tourist card or a visa, between 2014 to March 2020, to extend their stay legally for sixty days. It will also allow them to regularize the status of their children.

Once they have obtained their extension, they will also be able to apply for a category change as students or as temporary workers. . They will also be able to use expired passports.
Pag.Mirex-ResolucionVenezolanos

In summary, the requirements to apply for a student or a temporary work permit are the following:
  • 1)Having entered the Dominican Republic legally between 2014 and March 2020.
  • 2)Not having the right to Dominican nationality
  • 3)No criminal records in the Dominican Republic or abroad
  • 5) Not being in the process of an asylum or refuge request, or the subject of an extradition
  • 4)Not being ineligible, pursuant to article 15 of Immigration Law Act 285-04.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Why is this same opportunity not afforded to our Canadian, or UK guests?
Are they not worthy themselves?
One has to wonder. :unsure:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Probably because it was open to everyone in the past, before the influx of Venezuelans fleeing their country.

But they seem to be the most in violation of the residency laws, why would they not want to legalize themselves?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
History of Venezuelan help for the DR and Dominicans.

I just see a massive pattern of Canadian nationals who desire to flaunt the immigration laws of the RD, but it is not quite the same in reverse. Why is this?
Perhaps windeguy IS on to something regarding those illegal immigrant peoples he sees in Cabarate every morning.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just see a massive pattern of Canadian nationals who desire to flaunt the immigration laws of the RD, but it is not quite the same in reverse. Why is this?
Perhaps windeguy IS on to something regarding those illegal immigrant peoples he sees in Cabarate every morning.
Damn those horrible snow birds.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I can't speak for those Canadian illegals haunting the coasts but here in Jarabacoa the Canadians I know are all legal residents except me , I am a Dominican citizen. Massive, I doubt it, some for sure.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I can't speak for those Canadian illegals haunting the coasts but here in Jarabacoa the Canadians I know are all legal residents except me , I am a Dominican citizen. Massive, I doubt it, some for sure.

My posting was meant to be tongue in cheek Sr. Saunders, tongue in cheek. I would hate for the entire Canadian community within to take up arms against me. After all, it is not as if I have DGM on speed dial, nor possess some sort of silly vendetta against my neighbors.
I could really care less about the paperwork of others, as long as they are contributing to the local economy, and are not criminals on the run, or participating in such activity here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My posting was meant to be tongue in cheek Sr. Saunders, tongue in cheek. I would hate for the entire Canadian community within to take up arms against me. After all, it is not as if I have DGM on speed dial, nor possess some sort of silly vendetta against my neighbors.
I could really care less about the paperwork of others, as long as they are contributing to the local economy, and are not criminals on the run, or participating in such activity here.
Unfortunately some of my fellow Canadians have been fugitives from the law. The long arm eventually catches up.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately some of my fellow Canadians have been fugitives from the law. The long arm eventually catches up.

I believe there have been more high profile Canadian fraudsters, and Italiano mafiosos caught within as opposed to other nationalities, but alas, that is for another thread line.