Dental Braces And prescriptions for Diabetics

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
Anyone Know Of the cost of these items on the north cost area. and if you had a choose would you get dental work and diabetic advice and medicine in The US or Canada or would you get it in the DR

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
no idea on the diabetics, but the DR has many very competent dentist's
We also have incompetent dentists.
Get some recommendations of names from posters here.
What area are you looking ?
Sosua had a female dentist that got good reviews, Wendy something or other as best I can recall.
Others here will know her name.

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
Thank you for the info My wife and child are there right now. My Child was to get braces here in Canada end of February But with covid and all the trouble to fly now i think it is better they just stay there for now so i thought maybe i would get her braces done down there instead of Canada. It cost 6500 can dollars here i was just wondering what it would cost there.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Thank you for the info My wife and child are there right now. My Child was to get braces here in Canada end of February But with covid and all the trouble to fly now i think it is better they just stay there for now so i thought maybe i would get her braces done down there instead of Canada. It cost 6500 can dollars here i was just wondering what it would cost there.

It’s far cheaper to do them here, but only if she will be staying here most of the time for follow up visits and adjustments. If she will return and be there in Canada most of her time, best to do them there to keep up with the follow ups.

Quality is the same on both sides nowadays...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Installing the railroad tracks is one thing ..then the constantly adjusting them to manipulate them to shift appropriately is the money shot average 12-18 months

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
no idea on the diabetics, but the DR has many very competent dentist's
Indeed we do.
Back in 2015 I had a root canal done here in Santiago without any insurance at the time and one filling afterwards.
Very clean and very professional.
Price for the filling: RD$ 800
Price for the root canal: RD$12,000
To this day, zero problems with either tooth.