Dominican may run for NYC Mayor

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
For years he's been "representing" people who never asked for his representation. The article neglects to mention it, but his wife's restaurant is not his only business interest in NY. He's a crafty guy.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
For years he's been "representing" people who never asked for his representation. The article neglects to mention it, but his wife's restaurant is not his only business interest in NY. He's a crafty guy.
Are you saying he owns some " Barber Shops" ?

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
crafty is not a word i would use ...he is a corrupt sleaze ball

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Can you explain? Don't understand the reference.

I'll stop, but there is more.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today he made it official, he's running. Computer translated.

Dominican announces his candidacy for mayor of New York​

Mateo is a recognized community worker in the 1990s.​

Digital Writing
New York, USA

The entrepreneur and social activist, Fernando Mateo, announced on Wednesday his candidacy for Mayor of New York City for the Republican Party.

Mateo is a recognized community worker in the 1990s, when he developed the social program “Guns for Toys” that helped disarm hundreds of people who voluntarily gave up their weapons in exchange for toys.

The program was especially aimed at young people from groups and gangs that assaulted people and trafficked drugs, as well as in prisons.

The social activist has also developed as a Director and Spokesperson for the Associations of Taxi Drivers and Bodegueros of New York and has been a person linked to defending social causes of the Latino community.

In the business area, he has developed carpet, construction, remittance, and restaurant businesses, among others.

Mateo was born in Santo Domingo in 1958 and emigrated to New York with his parents when he was three years old.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
maybe he can stop the mass exodus of the city. People (with money) are leaving in large numbers.

Reactions: USA DOC

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The mass exodus is also ocurring in California...and these are the 2 most exspensive places in the USA to live....
Warren Wilhelm Jr. a.k.a. Comrade Bill de Blasio has done such a wonderful job with the
"rice and beans for thee but not for me" movement up there, I can't understand why anyone
would ever want to leave Nueva York.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
anyone in NYC is an improvement over DAh blasio,. I used to enjoy the city (pre covid) a show, dinner drinks. No more.

Reactions: jd426