Can one catch CV19 second time in a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I researched but nothing came up concerning ''one more time'' catches CV19 second time around.
So, does anyone have data concerning people contacting the cv19 virus second time around?
Or is it too soon.
Do you think there would be immunity within a year.
Your responses are just as a guessing game as the Scientists simply because we are now in year two.

I still will observe all cautions.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I finally found the Inet info which is as inconclusive as my humble opinion....... Moderator can delete this thread or leave it up for our collective ''learned opinions''.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
i was told by my Dr. that it was unlikely for me to get Covid a second time for at least 3 months ...after this the chances rise
But do any of them really know ...It is all a guessing game at this stage

Reactions: Russell and slowmo

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
From what I have read it depends on individual immunity systems and how long they hold onto the antibodies.
There is no actual yes or no answer to your question at this time.

Reactions: Russell
Feb 7, 2007
Manaus population 76% had Covid last year and now there is a new huge outbreak. The current one is a different strain.
So with different strain, yes, you can get infected again. And I read the UK/SA strain has much faster spread and more serious symptoms.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
i was told by my Dr. that it was unlikely for me to get Covid a second time for at least 3 months ...after this the chances rise

It’s more than that.
It all depends by individual case and type of exposed mutated virus anew.
The biggest factor is the viral load of the new infection source.
Odds are very low still...

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Manaus population 76% had Covid last year and now there is a new huge outbreak. The current one is a different strain.
So with different strain, yes, you can get infected again. And I read the UK/SA strain has much faster spread and more serious symptoms.
I think you need to read that story again. Health experts thought that the majority of the population had it last year. That was a guess and it was obviously wrong. The health experts also thought that the city had herd immunity. That was wrong too. The new variant hit Manaus hard recently. These are new cases and not reinfections. They have run out of hospital space and oxygen. They are airlifting patients to other parts of Brazil that have the needed facilities.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That 3 months must be a number doctors like. One of my cousins and his wife are currently quarantined and being treated for Covid. Doctor told them they should not get the vaccine until three months have passed after they get negative test results.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The three month period goes back to the beginning of the Covidic Epoch when it was discovered that antibodies fell off dramatically in many people that had CV19 after about 3 months.

Then they discovered that along with antibodies there is also immunity from T-Cells and B-Cells. How long does that immunity last? Nobody knows yet.

Just like nobody knows how long immunity lasts from any given vaccine.

Time will tell, but CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Can it be beaten down by herd immunity? Nobody knows.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That 3 months must be a number doctors like. One of my cousins and his wife are currently quarantined and being treated for Covid. Doctor told them they should not get the vaccine until three months have passed after they get negative test results.
Now that addresses another concern I have about getting a vaccine without being tested negative, albeit even that is only 84% accurate,

Status
Not open for further replies.