Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand that CV19 vaccines have been announced to be for citizens with cedulas.

I understand that the DR government has asked the WHO to step in for vaccinating Haitians in the DR.

My question is how will legal residents or illegal aliens not from Haiti be able to be vaccinated.?
When, where, how much will it cost, etc. Any information on those two specific group would be appreciated.

Reactions: Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Legal residents do not have cedulas ❓
The DR news has stated that the vaccinations the DR government will do for free is for citizens with cedulas.
Vaccinations will be done at voting locations throughout the country.

Yes, legal residents have cedulas but they cannot vote. And more importantly, legal residents with non-voting cedulas were not mentioned in the DR news
as being people who would be included in the free government vaccination plan.

Hence my original post about legal residents (and illegal aliens) and their ability to be vaccinated in the DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I , too, read about the voting register....
yes - legal residents are not on that....... just citizens

That may be the answer

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy.....

The Betting Man is right...

Cedulas - all legals
or
Citizens - who all have cedulas too
See my reply above. Legal residents with cedulas were not mentioned as being eligible in the DR news on this point.
So far it was citizens with cedulas. My question is a really simple one as I stated it in the OP. If more news is available on
legal residents or illegal aliens and ways they can get a vaccine in the DR, please post it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Hope springs eternal but I have come across no new information to suggest that the DR Govt. vaccination campaign will include anyone other than Citizens.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This is the 🇩🇴 .
Does anybody up in here really think the COVAC-19 is ONLY going to be available through the DRGOV❓
:unsure:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Windy , That is really three questions in the OP:

1) how will legal residents be able to be vaccinated.?
2) how will illegal aliens not from Haiti be able to be vaccinated.?

3) When, where, how much will it cost, etc.

I am interested in 1) and 3) as we are both over 75 resident with Cedulas. In the UK both of us have been requested to make appointments in the UK for vaccination.
It would be useful to know the exact wording of the announcement from the Gobernment on this issue as sometimes detail is lost in translation.

Thanks for posting this topic Windy!

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy , That is really three questions in the OP:

1) how will legal residents be able to be vaccinated.?
2) how will illegal aliens not from Haiti be able to be vaccinated.?

3) When, where, how much will it cost, etc.

I am interested in 1) and 3) as we are both over 75 resident with Cedulas. In the UK both of us have been requested to make appointments in the UK for vaccination.
It would be useful to know the exact wording of the announcement from the Gobernment on this issue as sometimes detail is lost in translation.

Thanks for posting this topic Windy!

Olly View attachment 4098
Of course it is as you said.

I also know people, some illegal and others legal residents, who are not Haitian with concerns. Right now the path to vaccination in the DR is not clear for anyone but citizens with cedulas. The big problem in the news everywhere is the lack of timely delivery of said vaccines. Hence the reason for priorities with citizens with cedulas first.

(I suspect the military will be included in the citizens group, but I could be wrong. They are citizens with cedulas, even if they cannot vote, Perhaps the color of their cedula might be the same as a citizens? )

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From Friday's News

It is likely that the first vaccines to arrive to the Dominican Republic will be supplied by the Collaboration for Equitable Global Access to Covid-19 Vaccines (Covax) through the Covid-19 Global Access Fund for Vaccines, promoted by the World Health Organization.

The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) representative in the country, Olivier Ronveaux, said yesterday that the Dominican Republic will receive 542,400 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine starting this month. Between 25 to 35% of these doses “will be arriving in the country by the middle or end of February,” he said.

The Dominican government has contracted around 20 million doses to Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Covax, among other suppliers.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Of course it is as you said.

I also know people, some illegal and others legal residents, who are not Haitian with concerns. Right now the path to vaccination in the DR is not clear for anyone but citizens with cedulas. The big problem in the news everywhere is the lack of timely delivery of said vaccines. Hence the reason for priorities with citizens with cedulas first.

(I suspect the military will be included in the citizens group, but I could be wrong. They are citizens with cedulas, even if they cannot vote, Perhaps the color of their cedula might be the same as a citizens? )

Last time I saw a PN cedula-- a few years back--- they are the same as the resident's cedula, ie green-ish.

I guess they are still on voting lists, as they are not life-ers

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Military can NOT vote. Period............Has been this way for 20 years that I know of.....................

Reactions: zoomzx11

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Eligibility​

The eligibility of an individual for voting is set out in the constitution. The constitution states that suffrage is a right and a duty of all citizens, and the vote is personal, free, direct and secret, and no one can be obligated or coerced in an exercise of their right to vote or to reveal his decision. Constitution, also, denied the vote to members of the Armed Forces and National Police, and ban all people who have lost or have suspended his citizen rights, like convicted criminals or accused of treason from voting for a fixed period of time or indefinitely. The number of Dominican adults who will be eligible to vote in 2016 elections are projected to be 7.2 million

Status
Not open for further replies.