Best way to receive my mail

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
Hey folks i am moving to the DR (north coast) in a few weeks from the US. I am worried about how to get my mail delivered. I do not want to lose mail or have it misplaced. I do not have anyone to hold or forward my mail in the US. I will be using CPS to have packages delivered. Still haven't figured out how to have my personal mail delivered. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
Have you thought of a service like traveling mailbox? They will scan the mail and forward the ones you want to your CPS address
i wonder if CPS accepts personal mail if so why use traveling mailbox?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Can you not arrange for the US post office to forward your mail to your CPS mail address?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
CPS does have an address for postal mail but it is a bit on the slow side to get here but much cheaper than package rates.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Hey folks i am moving to the DR (north coast) in a few weeks from the US. I am worried about how to get my mail delivered. I do not want to lose mail or have it misplaced. I do not have anyone to hold or forward my mail in the US. I will be using CPS to have packages delivered. Still haven't figured out how to have my personal mail delivered. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I am in:
EAST SIDE ‼️
South Coast
But I use Mail Box Ect.
But I use a mail forwarding service based in the US that is similar to services offered by traveling mailbox.

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
Delivery is irregular - we hear.... whenever there is sufficient mail in MIA - it gets sent
not good
I am in:
EAST SIDE ‼️
South Coast
But I use Mail Box Ect.
But I use a mail forwarding service based in the US that is similar to services offered by traveling mailbox.
traveling mailbox and they work in conjunction with Fedex for delivery's in terms of discount pricing so i think i will take that route.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Does it arrive in 🇩🇴 ⬆️ as well?
Hey Islay Scotch lover.
Let me educate you.
So, put down your glass of Islay single malt and listen up.

My mail forwarding service receives my US mail.
They then consolidate it and ship it to me via USPS priority mail.
Via my ebox with Mail Box Ect.
Usually no problems.
Arriving in 🇩🇴
EAST SIDE‼️

But my last package was delivered by USPS to Mail Box Ect.
But Mail Box Ect has lost it.
Hopefully they will located it eventually.
This has happened before.
But because this has happened before...
I am considering the traveling mail box service mentioned in this thread.
I am not happy with Mail Box Ect. right now.

Asked and answered.
Any other questions for me❓

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
you could look into the Dominican postal service for your mail delivery....just go to the town you are moving to and ask "where is the post office"... dont be discouraged by the blank stares and laughter....be persistant until you notice the place you live has no house number on it...........

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hey Islay Scotch lover.
Let me educate you.
So, put down your glass of Islay single malt and listen up.

My mail forwarding service receives my US mail.
They then consolidate it and ship it to me via USPS priority mail.
Via my ebox with Mail Box Ect.
Usually no problems.
Arriving in 🇩🇴
EAST SIDE‼️

But my last package was delivered by USPS to Mail Box Ect.
But Mail Box Ect has lost it.
Hopefully they will located it eventually.
This has happened before.
But because this has happened before...
I am considering the traveling mail box service mentioned in this thread.
I am not happy with Mail Box Ect. right now.

Asked and answered.
Any other questions for me❓
No, not for the moment. Thanks for the education.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
you could look into the Dominican postal service for your mail delivery....just go to the town you are moving to and ask "where is the post office"... dont be discouraged by the blank stares and laughter....be persistant until you notice the place you live has no house number on it...........
And take a P.O. Box.

Reactions: USA DOC

junglemonkey

Jun 24, 2006
I would avoid CPS unless you are dealing with the main branch.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Why don't you just go paperless. 99% of the mail I get in Canada is just junk. Ever 6 months or so when I get home I have a mountain of mail from the stone age companies that still insist on using Canada post. It all pretty much ends up in the shredder.

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
I am in:
EAST SIDE ‼️
South Coast
But I use Mail Box Ect.
Would you care to share that similar
I would avoid CPS unless you are dealing with the main branch.
Why is that?
Why don't you just go paperless. 99% of the mail I get in Canada is just junk. Ever 6 months or so when I get home I have a mountain of mail from the stone age companies that still insist on using Canada post. It all pretty much ends up in the shredder.
Not an option for all of my correspondences