Starbucks in the DR

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
USA DOC,

My reply wasn't directed at you nor towards you reply above, that was a mistake. My reply is directed to the thread and those celebrating Starbucks in the DR as a success I take?

My apologies to you.

Reactions: USA DOC

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If Dominicans like these places that's all that matters, and not some gringos idea of what a tropical paradise should be like.
And furthermore the man that has no use for linkin should know better than most that his thoughts about the issue means nothing.
If the business in question has enough revenue to produce a profit on the bottom line that satisfies the owners.
The operation continues despite his thoughts.
They may even expand.

EAST SIDE ‼️
No Starbucks over here.
:ROFLMAO:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
my wife told me today she went there, its there. they opened 2nd location. TGIF is no more.
I'm not surprised. TGIF was another "Lines down the hallway" when it first opened then took a dive after a few months.
Heck, every single restaurant in the food court there did "one and done". I was kinda hoping the Chinese restaurant with the food traveling on the little boats in the little river canal would stick around but NOBODY understood how that was supposed to work.

And not to kick a dead horse, but who remembers all the restaurants in the food court of Blue Mall when it opened?
Another one where every single restaurant (except Wendy's) did a "one and done"

Jan 9, 2004
I'm not surprised. TGIF was another "Lines down the hallway" when it first opened then took a dive after a few months.
Heck, every single restaurant in the food court there did "one and done". I was kinda hoping the Chinese restaurant with the food traveling on the little boats in the little river canal would stick around but NOBODY understood how that was supposed to work.

And not to kick a dead horse, but who remembers all the restaurants in the food court of Blue Mall when it opened?
Another one where every single restaurant (except Wendy's) did a "one and done"
And what of Fuddruckers at 360? Tried it once there......................and as you say....................one and done for me.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
And what of Fuddruckers at 360? Tried it once there......................and as you say....................one and done for me.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I didn't mention them because I didn't know they were gone. But yes.

Actually, I really liked Carl's but it was just too expensive. Especially when there's a bunch of other hamburger joints right next to it.

Wendys was actually here once before and left the market due to a bad economy. They seem to be doing really good now.. always a line.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Actually, I really liked Carl's but it was just too expensive. Especially when there's a bunch of other hamburger joints right next to it.

Wendys was actually here once before and left the market due to a bad economy. They seem to be doing really good now.. always a line.
The only Wendys I go to is MegaCentro. There is always a small line during the lunch rush.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Hands down the best coffee I EVER had was Blue Mountain but that was in jamaica. When I bought and ground the beans in the states (not a cheap date) it just wasn't the same, could have been a user/brewer problem.
Lighting does indeed strike twice.
As I find myself in agreement once again with the expat guy.
Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is indeed the best coffee I have EVER had also.
I buy 12 pounds each visit to Jamaica.
And only drink it on Sunday.
Special treat along with my Orange Juice and Vodka.
☕2️⃣

Reactions: Africaida

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The only Wendys I go to is MegaCentro. There is always a small line during the lunch rush.
Actually the entire food court in MegaCentro rocks.
But Vid-19 has taken a toll on the establishments.
Many have closed.
Especially my favorite.
An independent empanada shop.
EAST SIDE‼️

I shall now wait for the personal attacks on my writing style and culinary (did I spell that right) choices.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Actually the entire food court in MegaCentro rocks.
But Vid-19 has taken a toll on the establishments.
Many have closed.
Especially my favorite.
An independent empanada shop.
EAST SIDE‼️

I shall now wait for the personal attacks on my writing style and culinary (did I spell that right) choices.

It's funny but you're right. The last 2 times I was there it was very difficult to find a seat, but yet at least a third of the food places are shut down.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004

If memory serves me, the only Wendy's back in the day in the DR was at Las Americas.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Hands down the best coffee I EVER had was Blue Mountain but that was in jamaica. When I bought and ground the beans in the states (not a cheap date) it just wasn't the same, could have been a user/brewer problem.
done the same thing about 3 times....you have to be around Montego Bay......

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Damn Vegas, You are starting to make a habit of agreeing with me. This could get boring. BTW, never had sweeter butter than in Jamaica either.
BTW, I had 2 offices on the east side, 1st in Alma Rosa I, 2 blocks from Mega Centro and 2nd in Villa Farro (should never have opened that one in that location). This is a few years back (like 10), when I lived in the capital but I always liked the east side, the mentality of the people. When I went out, which I did a lot in those days is was to Ave, Venezuela. I never liked the "Javitos" on the east side.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If memory serves me, the only Wendy's back in the day in the DR was at Las Americas.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
There was also one on Maximo Gomez across the street from where McDonalds is today.

There was also one in Plaza Colon, and another on Ave. Venezuela about a block in from 27 Feb.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There was also one on Maximo Gomez across the street from where McDonalds is today.

There was also one in Plaza Colon, and another on Ave. Venezuela about a block in from 27 Feb.
There is a Wendy's on San Isidro
EAST SIDE ‼️