Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
There are at least three of the vaccines for covid developed the traditional way vaccines are developed.
So we're to just forget about the many other vaccines using new technology? This is not a zero sum game here and is there really a need to be so rigid? We have both and, not to speak for Zoom or anyone else and not to be literal, the point was I believe, that while there are traditional vaccines they are being superseded by the new technology that's much faster and perhaps better. Vamos a ver and time will tell and other clichés ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So we're to just forget about the many other vaccines using new technology? This is not a zero sum game here and is there really a need to be so rigid? We have both and, not to speak for Zoom or anyone else and not to be literal, the point was I believe, that while there are traditional vaccines they are being superseded by the new technology that's much faster and perhaps better. Vamos a ver and time will tell and other clichés ;)
I just responded to Zoomie statement that traditional vaccine process isn't used any more. It is. Why are you trying to make an argument out of nothing. I never said anything about new technology being good or bad? Much faster but maybe more dangerous. The jury is still out.

Reactions: Russell

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The main point is when the Dominican Republic will start giving the jab...the longer the goverment waits, the more damage is done............

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
When I was back in Canukland I went for the standard flu shot. The Doctor giving the shots noticed I had a sniffle...he asked me if I already had the flu; because if I did I should not take the vaccine until the flu was over in my body.
I am still wondering if one has COVID19 and does not know it, is it safe to take the COVID19 Vaccine regardless of brand?
Does anyone have an objective view on this matter?

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I do not think masking up is or will be a a choice.
How will you determine who is elderly and sick?

You must be aware that a large percentage of the viral spread is done by people who feel fine and are likely to be out and about and could even be among us as masquerading as anti maskers and anti vaxxers.

Some could even be conducting business, enjoying fine dining in S.D. and Sosua, going out to stores etc. , enjoying the beach and watching the super bowl with friends.

These super spreaders could even be loudly whining about the imposition of rules that have taken away all their "freedoms".
Good to be paranoid as they are among us, carrying the virus, and out to get you.

Hell, I got both shots and no one knows if the vaccinated are still able to spread the disease or not.
No one is safe these days other than the vaccinated and it feels pretty damn good.

Am I in error recalling that you are a vaccine refusal person?
I am going to put some logic into this fray, Russell logic which is many times questionable, yet my unbiased opinions.
I think that if you have had the vaccine dosages and are in the crowd , you can still pick up viral agents and carry them on your hands, clothing and maybe even in your nostrils ; but you have been immune due to vaccines. So the vaccine is , say. 93% effective , and you fail to wash hands carefully and do not use face mask.... ''Can you become a CV19 Carrier?" I think so based upon the information available and a little bit of common sense.
Until there is scientific proof otherwise I shall stick to my theory.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The generally applied methodology is that if you have an infection for which you are getting a vaccine it is best to wait until the infection runs its course. If you have the Flu, postpone the Flu vaccine until you recover. If you have an active Covid infection you should wait as well. The vaccine is intended to prompt an immune response. If the immune system is already responding to an infection the effectiveness of the vaccine on top of what is already taking place can be questionable or at least less effective than desired or advertised.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When I was back in Canukland I went for the standard flu shot. The Doctor giving the shots noticed I had a sniffle...he asked me if I already had the flu; because if I did I should not take the vaccine until the flu was over in my body.
I am still wondering if one has COVID19 and does not know it, is it safe to take the COVID19 Vaccine regardless of brand?
Does anyone have an objective view on this matter?
I haven't found an answer to that question either.

• Wow
Reactions: Russell

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thought I’d share this because the info was new to me. Mr AE and I both had our first vaccine today. Our daughter-in-law (ICU doctor) messaged me to say not to take any ibuprofen or naproxen for quite awhile, as it will interfere with the buildup of antibodies. Tylenol only.

Reactions: Russell and SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
According to this world map, the DR won't achieve widespread vaccination until mid 2022.

So curfew and mandatory masks everywhere for another 18 months? CRAP.
You forgot to add proof of being CV19 negative within 3 days of travelling for that period of time.
CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Eventually enough people will be vaccinated and governments will release restrictions
based upon arbitrary "numbers".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The main point is when the Dominican Republic will start giving the jab...the longer the goverment waits, the more damage is done............
It may be quite a while because of vaccine shortages throughout the world. It is going to take longer to vaccinate than anyone is currently stating:

And the AstraZeneca vaccine is less effective on a new strain from South Africa:

And so it goes, on and on and on.... Until governments decide enough is enough and they allow some of the population to die from C19 without further ado.

Reactions: USA DOC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Delays in production will mean delays everywhere in the world. The DR government stated originally they did not expect vaccinations to be completed until December of 2021. WIth the delays in production it will probably be into 2022. I stated this when vaccines were first coming out.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Delays in production will mean delays everywhere in the world. The DR government stated originally they did not expect vaccinations to be completed until December of 2021. WIth the delays in production it will probably be into 2022. I stated this when vaccines were first coming out.

That raises the question about tourism, and when will it return?..and the other question is with the global economy down, and the vaccine slow to arrive almost everywhere...the new normal could be years away...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I just responded to Zoomie statement that traditional vaccine process isn't used any more. It is. Why are you trying to make an argument out of nothing. I never said anything about new technology being good or bad? Much faster but maybe more dangerous. The jury is still out.
Never said it's not used.
Russia vaccine uses it for one.
mRNA is newest tech and the future of vaccines.
Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA.
Millions and millions vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer is a jury only "out" in your view.

What vaccine are you in line to receive, Bob?
No point in splitting hairs when you got nothing.
Might be time for you to look up the Indian vaccine and give us your projection.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Never said it's not used.
Russia vaccine uses it for one.
mRNA is newest tech and the future of vaccines.
Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA.
Millions and millions vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer is a jury only "out" in your view.

What vaccine are you in line to receive, Bob?
No point in splitting hairs when you got nothing.
Might be time for you to look up the Indian vaccine and give us your projection.
Not sure of I fit in the first group to get it or the second group. I am 64 with a quadruple bypass so probably that qualifies me for first group. I have no problem taking the Indian vaccine or the others but hesitant about the Chinese vaccine. My sons have both had their second shots of Moderna and my mother is getting hers at the end of the month.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Government expects to receive 90,000 vaccines against COVID-19 next week​

• The Minister of Public Health did not offer an exact date
Graciela Cuevas - SANTO DOMINGO 02/17/2021, 06:25 PM
The Dominican Government expects to receive more vaccines against the coronavirus next week, Plutarco Arias, Minister of Public Health , reported this Wednesday .
However, the official could not specify the exact date or what amount would be received.
Interviewed on the radio program "The afternoon sun", the minister pointed out that it is projected that about 90,000 doses will arrive , from two different pharmaceutical companies.
Authorities began the vaccination program with front-line health personnel on Tuesday. The plan started with 20,000 doses of the 110,000 bought from India.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
never said old tech is not use in today's vaccines.
I just like the new stuff better.

Status
Not open for further replies.