Drug agents seize presumably cocaine off Beata island

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Droga-incautada-en-Isla-Beata-DNCD.jpg

Off the most southwestern coastline of the country, some 103 packages of what is suspect to be cocaine were seized by National Drug Control Agency (DNCD) and Armada (Navy) officers. The drug was seized during a maritime and land interdiction operation carried out near Beata Island, in the province of Pedernales. The authorities were tracking a suspect speedboat from South America.

The DNCD reports that drug agents and members of the Navy confiscated a boat with four sacks containing the packages, yet the individuals managed to escape the authorities.

The 103 packages of the substance were sent to the National Institute of Forensic Sciences for verification.

Read more in Spanish:DNCD

18 February 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zoomzx11

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Caught riding dirty ‼️
Never a good thing...

"The DNCD reports that drug agents and members of the Navy confiscated a boat with four sacks containing the packages, yet the individuals managed to escape the authorities."
:unsure:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
That boat contained, Peruvian marching powder...and was intransit to the military in Peru......

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A day or two ago I saw this on instagram. Apparently, google is of great help for drug addicts. No getting lost finding the drug points. Phew, our neighborhoids are safe again. Oh look, there is one that in addition offers internet and copying services too. How convenient.

fhVnrg.jpg

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Bill Cosby.

And yet another example of the failed war on drugs. Rinse and repeat.
And I ask again, what are your suggestions? You rinse and repeat the same ole same ole meaningless words of wisdom.
Anything you can add to lessen the misery and hurt of drug addiction. ?
🥸

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And I ask again, what are your suggestions? You rinse and repeat the same ole same ole meaningless words of wisdom.
Anything you can add to lessen the misery and hurt of drug addiction. ?
🥸
The same as I always say when people ask about the failed drug war that can never be won and causes huge collateral damage. Legalize, regulate and tax all currently illegal drugs. Take the financial power to corrupt officials out of the hands of cartels and drug dealers. Set up clinics for the addicted instead of building new jails. Addiction is a medical issue not a criminal one. Follow the example in Portugal. Prohibition NEVER works. Perhaps you will remember this time. So you don't have to ask again the next time an article like this about a drug bust shows up, again, and again and yet again.

If you need to ask again., think of Legalize, Regulate, Tax, and Treat. But I would be happy to elaborate again if needed.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The same as I always say when people ask about the failed drug war that can never be won and causes huge collateral damage. Legalize, regulate and tax all currently illegal drugs. Take the financial power to corrupt officials out of the hands of cartels and drug dealers. Set up clinics for the addicted instead of building new jails. Addiction is a medical issue not a criminal one.
Agreed ‼️

I also find it ironic that major capitalistic economies fail to recognize the basic power of supply and demand.
As often the demand is generated in a place different from where the supply originates.
And yet the actual war on drugs is fought on the supply side while the demand side gets ignored.

In my country of origin it has been left to individual governments to answer the legalization question.
And in many cases (and growing) that answer is exactly as you suggest.
You only have to be in the right place to enjoy 🥦 now.

Reactions: Carl.L

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR is still following the lead of the USA on the failed drug war. Only when the US goes the Legalize, Regulate, Tax, and Treat way will the DR reluctantly follow. The prison business and legal system make far too much money off illegal drugs to change any time soon, thanks to the failed war on drugs.

Reactions: Carl.L

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The DR is still following the lead of the USA on the failed drug war. Only when the US goes the Legalize, Regulate, Tax, and Treat way will the DR reluctantly follow. The prison business and legal system make far too much money off illegal drugs to change any time soon, thanks to the failed war on drugs.
You forgot the rehab folks. They made a ton off my sister and BIL on my late niece.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Agreed ‼️

I also find it ironic that major capitalistic economies fail to recognize the basic power of supply and demand.
As often the demand is generated in a place different from where the supply originates.
And yet the actual war on drugs is fought on the supply side while the demand side gets ignored.

In my country of origin it has been left to individual governments to answer the legalization question.
And in many cases (and growing) that answer is exactly as you suggest.
You only have to be in the right place to enjoy 🥦 now.
I didn't know Broccoli was illegal. :rolleyes:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I didn't know Broccoli was illegal. :rolleyes:
I do tire of having put knowledge in peoples EYEHOLES up in here all the time.

broccoli
another slang word for weed, pot and/or marijuana
i'm smoking up my broccoli

"In the middle of the party ***** get off me
In the cut I'm rolling up my broccoli
Ya I know your baby mama fond of me
All she want to do is smoke that broccoli
Whispered in my ear she trying to leave with me
Said that I can get that ***** easily
Said that I can hit that **** so greasily
I'm a dirty dog I did it sleazily" - D.R.A.M. - Broccoli feat. Lil Yachty

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The same as I always say when people ask about the failed drug war that can never be won and causes huge collateral damage. Legalize, regulate and tax all currently illegal drugs. Take the financial power to corrupt officials out of the hands of cartels and drug dealers. Set up clinics for the addicted instead of building new jails. Addiction is a medical issue not a criminal one. Follow the example in Portugal. Prohibition NEVER works. Perhaps you will remember this time. So you don't have to ask again the next time an article like this about a drug bust shows up, again, and again and yet again.

If you need to ask again., think of Legalize, Regulate, Tax, and Treat. But I would be happy to elaborate again if needed.

What you suggest is a solution to the drug problems but to implement it is maybe a tad optimistic.
Complicate problem is understatement.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What you suggest is a solution to the drug problems but to implement it is maybe a tad optimistic.
Complicate problem is understatement.
Oh, optimistic? That is not me . What I suggest is the only realistic way to deal with the drug problem.
The failed drug war will never solve the problems. The only thing the failed drug war produces is more articles like the original post and
immense collateral damage to innocent people.