The Santo Domingo World Trade Center is coming.....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Mr AE says you’re 100% correct. He was 13 when Trujillo died so he remembers. No electricity or water issues. No locked doors. Says you could sleep outside and no one would bother you.

The Dominican equivalent of " when I was young I had to walk to school 9 days a week, in knee-deep snow, uphill going, uphill back " 😉😉

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't care for the one who get it for free (how much do they actually get and when would be a good guess?), I, and millions others right dead center of the capital pay for it and get nothing.

The fact that there are more clients than the CAASD could accommodate for, does answer and shows exactly my point; the work is slower than the growth and hence the catastrophe existing today.

How could anyone claim something has been achieve to fix the issues and at the same time post and claim that growth has overtaken planning and execution?

Doesn't cities have planners to look out 10, 20, 30 years in the future and plan accordingly to potential demands?

Go ahead and try now to blame it onto the poor barrios and the ones that allegedly get water everyday, yet don't pay for it?

Those are the ones to blame, right?

That will fix it!
We both have valid points, let's leave it at that.

Many of the water issues have been improved considerably and other issues, not so much or not at all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'd LOVE to see those numbers from 20 (or even 15 years ago)
15 years ago, I had electricity service 10 hours per day. Now I have 24/7 power that is interrupted mainly by cars hitting power poles, bad connections from salt air and that so-called Edenorte Periodic Maintenance. In other words FAR BETTER than it ever was.

15 years ago the water pressure was constant and over 40 psi. Now the water is off at least 48 hours each week and when it is on only about 25 psi. Not enough to reach a second floor. At least the 5,000 gallon cistern and its pump we have make that problem hardly noticeable for me, but it really sucks for many.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Definitely agree that portraying any fact any other way is inconsistent with reality.

On another note…

84.9% of clients receiving energy from the EDE's are on the 24 hour circuit.

85.4% of all receivers of energy from the EDE's pay their bill with about 370,000 not paying amounting to a loss of US$240.7 million.
Well then, I guess it has just been my bad real estate choices since I have never experienced that in the entire time of living in 🇩🇴 .
And neither has my bank account that I spent 2500 💵 (2 inverters and 2 sets of 4 batteries each) out of in order to make sure the electricity stays on 24/7/365 within the four walls I live within.

And you can trust my experience and numbers are accurate.

Your serve‼️🎾

Reactions: Radical

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
15 years ago, I had electricity service 10 hours per day. Now I have 24/7 power that is interrupted mainly by cars hitting power poles, bad connections from salt air and that so-called Edenorte Periodic Maintenance. In other words FAR BETTER than it ever was.

15 years ago the water pressure was constant and over 40 psi. Now the water is off at least 48 hours each week and when it is on only about 25 psi. Not enough to reach a second floor. At least the 5,000 gallon cistern and its pump we have make that problem hardly noticeable for me, but it really sucks for many.

You must live in a tourist are, tourist town, gated community or privately owned resort to get that kind of electrical service?

Electricity services have been so bad in this country since the 80s that the tourism industry in the east, decided to create their own plant and grids. Punta Cana went ahead and secured their own future producing as much energy as either unit in Punta Catalina.

There is the answer in black and white to the energy services in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You must live in a tourist are, tourist town, gated community or privately owned resort to get that kind of electrical service?

Electricity services have been so bad in this country since the 80s that the tourism industry in the east, decided to create their own plant and grids. Punta Cana went ahead and secured their own future producing as much energy as either unit in Punta Catalina.

There is the answer in black and white to the energy services in the DR.
I was on a Class D circuit for many years, ten hours of power daily, then it went to 12 and then 14 hours daily more or less. We complained frequently about the awful service. Then Edenorte tried to extort over $100,000 US from our development on two separate occasions from their offices in Santiago and said that was the only way they would upgrade us to 24/7 power. The head of that office has been place under criminal investigation by the new government.

A couple of years back, all of Cabarete to my knowledge, was upgraded to a 24/7 class A circuit. We were among the last to have that happen in our area.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
People choosing to live cheap in campos in a country that they claim is poorer than their own, who can’t afford to live with higher standards in said poorer country, complaining about the lack of services that others have zero problems receiving in Santo Domingo, Santiago, even in San Cristobal is down right hilarious. 🤣

These delusional, pathetic posts are the highlight of my weekends at times... 😂

malko

Jan 12, 2013
People choosing to live cheap in campos in a country that they claim is poorer than their own, who can’t afford to live with higher standards in said poorer country, complaining about the lack of services that others have zero problems receiving in Santo Domingo, Santiago, even in San Cristobal is down right hilarious. 🤣

Typical boomer selfishness......

Obviously expats have a way round the inefficiency of the basic essential services--- even in the campo, can you believe.

However it seems you didn't give much thought to the other 90% of regular dominicans who have to put up with the lack of water and/or electrical problems.

These delusional pathetic posts of folks living in large overcrowded dusty congested towns like Santo Domingo, santiago and even san cristobal make me smirk----however they are not the highlight of my weekends, not even at times..... Because that would be a effing sad life !!😆😆😆😆

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Typical boomer selfishness......

Obviously expats have a way round the inefficiency of the basic essential services--- even in the campo, can you believe.

However it seems you didn't give much thought to the other 90% of regular dominicans who have to put up with the lack of water and/or electrical problems.

These delusional pathetic posts of folks living in large overcrowded dusty congested towns like Santo Domingo, santiago and even san cristobal make me smirk----however they are not the highlight of my weekends, not even at times..... Because that would be a effing sad life !!😆😆😆😆
Wonder where you’re getting that 90% from. Most of the Dominicans I know have none of the problems you speak of. Try to find better social circles and stop hanging in places like Sosua and the north.

Typical boomer selfishness and lack of intelligence would be moving to another country while complaining about the inefficiencies even though you CHOSE to move there. 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

Your life is already sad and pathetic as you complain, complain, complain. Yes, highlights of my weekends are having uncontrollable laughs at adult males with beta tendencies. Goes along with my extraordinarily fun life that has never included a job or a need for one. You’ll never experience what I do. Nothing sad about that, for me at least...🤣🤣🤣

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

I'm the only one posting from San Cristobal, and you haven't read a complaint from me.

I know how to choose my living accommodations wisely.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I'm the only one posting from San Cristobal, and you haven't read a complaint from me.

Exactly, I live in Santo Domingo este. Sometime people confuse reporting with complaining. I happen to think the ⚡should stay on all the time. So, I made it happen (see post #45). But the fact that it does not is also a commentary on the status of basic infrastructure in 🇩🇴.

Who among us actually sits in the dark when the lights go out❓ My guess is not many. A used 1500 watt inverter costs 7000 DOP. Add two batteries and ya.

Side note: If an adult male is truly alpha, they do not have to brag about it. They are silent men of action handling their business.
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Carl.L and Radical

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Wonder where you’re getting that 90% from. Most of the Dominicans I know have none of the problems you speak of. Try to find better social circles and stop hanging in places like Sosua and the north.

Typical boomer selfishness and lack of intelligence would be moving to another country while complaining about the inefficiencies even though you CHOSE to move there. 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

Your life is already sad and pathetic as you complain, complain, complain. Yes, highlights of my weekends are having uncontrollable laughs at adult males with beta tendencies. Goes along with my extraordinarily fun life that has never included a job or a need for one. You’ll never experience what I do. Nothing sad about that, for me at least...🤣🤣🤣

Ah, the internet ..... Where one can choose what one wants to be.....

Today I will be a trust fund baby, tomorrow maybe a motoconcho, or an international arms dealer, who knows?
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Today I will be a trust fund baby, tomorrow maybe a motoconcho, or an international arms dealer, who knows?
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Not only that, posters that do not like your point a view make you into whomever or whatever THEY want you be.

I been called insecure, disruptive, told I do not live in 🇩🇴, that I live here illegally, they have made fun of my handle, call a drunk, told I am angry, compared to C2PO, that I am a troll, that I lack knowledgable, accused of being a money launderer, that I lack sophistication when it comes to investing, that I am burdening the medical system and those are just the things I can remember of the top of my head.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now, I like to see economic progress being made here. So, I am not hating on SDWTC.

Reactions: Carl.L

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Not quite on topic, but another two dams nearing completion after years of languishing:

If you follow the president's Instagram, they have been posting pictures of the progress of both projects.

Both are large and will provide potable water and electricity to thousands of homes when finished.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Want to check my Instagram and see me with some of the famous and most influential persons on the island?

And yes I’m a trust fund baby, jealous much? I guess you don’t love your kids enough to think of their futures... 🤦🏾‍♂️ You folks are pathetic...😂

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019

I’m actually in San Cristobal as well. Been here for a week and half while I conduct business here, Haina, and Bani. Those mangoes in Bani for export are gold. 😉

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Want to check my Instagram and see me with some of the famous and most influential persons on the island?

And yes I’m a trust fund baby, jealous much? I guess you don’t love your kids enough to think of their futures... 🤦🏾‍♂️ You folks are pathetic...😂

Congrats ! I always wanted to be something like the world's tallest midget 🤣🤗

I envy you sooooo much /s

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Congrats ! I always wanted to be something like the world's tallest midget 🤣🤗

I envy you sooooo much /s
As your reply shows, the jealousy and envy is dripping out of your comments. 6’1” and I’m a midget now? You’re definitely a Beta! I bet you pay for the company of women here too. Must be an American. Pathetic...😂

• Sad