Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No doubt. I'm still rooting for the underdogs a.k.a. Team Super Spreader.
Well I guess you have a point there. You’re a money guy. Play the long shots. Look to win the millions on the lottery. Contrarian investor with a heavy dose of gambling. My father in law was like that. Died so poor I had to buy his potty pot out of pawn.
We all
Have a different take on this bet. Problem is it is not a money pay off.
Much bigger stakes if on the wrong side of the bet.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Healthy people will continue living and those who neglected to take better care of themselves may die off quicker....
and thats life.
This kind of thinking precludes even having a 911 system or the medical facilities to back it up.
After all, if you have a medical emergency is you own fault and you should die where you lay ‼️
Did I understand you correctly RayRay❓

Reactions: Carl.L and johne

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Israel has an idea......

As Israel Reopens, ‘Whoever Does Not Get Vaccinated Will Be Left Behind’​

New government and business initiatives are moving in the direction of a two-tier system for the vaccinated and unvaccinated, raising legal, moral and ethical questions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
About now you take what you can get.
Have heard any number of vaccine brands discussed.
Pfizer was not in the mix.
These vaccines are hi demand.
All countries have rollout issues, time delays.
They may be a common item at some point but for me WHEN is the focus.
Earlier you get vaccinated the better.
Imagine you delay when you could have gotten vaccinated and end up hospitalized or be those "long haulers", and be very ill for a long time.

And by getting vaccinated you do your part to stop the viral spread.
Pfizer is indeed "in the mix" in the DR. You have not been paying attention.

About 40% of Dominicans are vaccine hesitant regarding CV19.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Packed yes, but not with folks from our "group". That's where most of the country goes to get their docs and passports.
Those are the folks it's packed with.
There are two different sides of that building on the Malecon in Santo Domingo. On the left when you enter it is the passport section for Dominican citizens.

The smaller room on the right, one I will never have to visit again, was indeed packed with people getting or renewing residency virtually every time I was there.

I am trying to contact the DR Passport section on the left about getting mine, primarily as a souvenir, but they seem to be a bit unresponsive to telephone calls.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have read all responses and thought them over carefully.
I believe that any government will want everyone in their country to be vaccinated.
However that just will not happen as there are the anti-vaccine people whom make up the biggest group. They are more the concern than illegals. Remember it was reported that the first documented covid19 case was an Italian Tourist.. i could stand to be corected.
Foreign embassies will get their vaccines from home countries, so perhaps they will also provide the vaccine to their Citizens here in RD.
We just do not know as yet.
However, notwithstanding biases and prejudices , any responsible Government will want every inhabidant to be vaccinated regardless of their status.
And perhaps they will be required to pay for the injections. So be it.

My RD family is talking about the ones in Spain whom received the vaccine and left the men sterile.
I could not find a reference to that topic...but that is not the point. The point is that such baseless rumors are exactly the crap that casts a shadow upon the whole process.
The best defence against covid19 is not only a vaccine but a conscious decision to build up our immune systems to act as the first line of defence . Not whether or not the RD Government will separate the "sheep from the goats" so to speak.
Either way we need to weather this storm with our immune systems, healthy attitudes and compliance to the rules of the day.
It is my opinion that a bad case of paranoia exists and we all should "chill out" and be more supportive of each other , especially whilst we continue to live.
I had to have an operation for what that man got as a "side benefit".

The US has already stated that no vaccines will be provided to US citizens in foreign countries (outside of those that work for the US government).
In other words, I will not be getting a CV19 vaccine from the US unless I go to the US. I have no idea what the other 100 plus countries in the world will do for their expats, but it is clear for the US.

Reactions: Russell

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well I guess you have a point there. You’re a money guy. Play the long shots. Look to win the millions on the lottery. Contrarian investor with a heavy dose of gambling. My father in law was like that. Died so poor I had to buy his potty pot out of pawn.
We all
Have a different take on this bet. Problem is it is not a money pay off.
Much bigger stakes if on the wrong side of the bet.
You gotta play to win!
and I'm feeling lucky so you and your family better get vaccinated. I recommend you go with the one manufactured in China, just to be on the safe side.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

The US has already stated that no vaccines will be provided to US citizens in foreign countries (outside of those that work for the US government).
In other words, I will not be getting a CV19 vaccine from the US unless I go to the US. I have no idea what the other 100 plus countries in the world will do for their expats, but it is clear for the US.
Relax.
I'm sure the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will step in and take care of your vaccination needs.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016

One country makes their expats pay $2000 and lock them up for 3 days.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Yet on the other hand they are willing to vaccinate everyone within their borders citizens, legal residents, illegal's etc. But then again i am not surprised by the reaction to do nothing for their citizens living outside the borders, nothing new as they are normally useless anyway.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
There it is !
Fighting a pandemic is not done by citizenship but by innoculation.
The white elephant in the room is the question of "how can a vaccine achieve approvals in under one year when it usually takes 5 to 15 years ?"
Media hype has not helped this situation.
That question ,has been deep in my consciousness since the pandemic began.
My only conclusion is "Politics , Pharma business, and Profit".
I do not think my personal well being is high on their list.
Should i decide to accept the vaccine it will be a last moment decision, not based upon measurable criteria nor effectiveness of the selected vaccine , but for the benefit of my family, neighbours, country and Global Community as a whole.
Since it is assumed that one Tourist can infect an entire nation , then one person , me, can help recover an entire nation. Hey! I need reasoning here.
My Temporary residence here is in process , so i am not an illegal. If the DR Government wants me to be vaccinated then so be it.
My only defence against an adverse reaction is to "put my head between my legs and kiss my arse good bye"
Been there, did that several times before and survived.
Time to get real serious and think about others

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
At least the vaccine will be free.
Free???? I think that country in the near future will have many conditions for re entering it. If you show up without a vaccine you will probablly be given one and a test and thrown in a hotel lockup for several days all on your own dime. Nothing is free in this world...maybe in the next one it will.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Free???? I think that country in the near future will have many conditions for re entering it. If you show up without a vaccine you will probablly be given one and a test and thrown in a hotel lockup for several days all on your own dime. Nothing is free in this world...maybe in the next one it will.
When that time comes I have plans to sneak across the border with all the illegal aliens. Will have to brush up on my creole first as to not raise any suspicions.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You gotta play to win!
and I'm feeling lucky so you and your family better get vaccinated. I recommend you go with the one manufactured in China, just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the recommendation but I and my immediate family have been vaccinated. Good luck to you on your bet. BTW I have no skin in this game other than trying to understand your “bet”. You are the one that posted this information.

Reactions: Carl.L

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation but I and my immediate family have been vaccinated. Good luck to you on your bet. BTW I have no skin in this game other than trying to understand your “bet”. You are the one that posted this information.
I'm still rooting for the underdogs a.k.a. Team Super Spreader. Ya know, the people like me who aren't interested in getting poked just it makes others feel safe.

Willing to bet there are a lot more people who are going to pass on getting vaccinated then you may think. I may consider it in 4 or 5 years but not now and if I ever do, no way in hell would I take the one manfactured outside of the USA.

On way up to Sosua now as we speak for a pool party. Please continue sheltering place folks, it's a real jungle out here😅

Status
Not open for further replies.