Looser curfew coming (heard a rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There seem to be a few vaccine options and more ion the future. Part of the potential issues is probable high resistance or at least disinterest and without enough people fully vaccinated... https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...not-reach-herd-immunity-for-years/ar-BB1dSGYt

Also for your browsing pleasure:

Even if the vaccines work and we get "herd immunity" it may not happen this year in 2021...or for years.
My response has always been is that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. People will have to live with it when the governments arbitrarily decide when to reopen everything. Do what you feel is right to protect yourself.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Is it an ego trip that compells you to get out there first with the "news" AKA rumors"? You're not the only poster on this forum board that has "a source". Think about this for a moment; You saw your "source" standing with the President on the news", so therefor , it must be gospel. C'mon TP, like betting on the #3 horse because you noticed the horse's doo doo was the color of gold in the stable this morning.
The other poster" has a source with "100% reliably record". Think about this; The source "owns some shops and his friend is in the top "brass". I know very little about local politics in the DR but am interested in learning. How high up is "top brass" ? And, how far down does he share with the public? I guess...with someone that owns some stores? Duh.
Again I ask, what purpose does unsubstantiated rumors have on a forum board that promotes information regarding the DR (and now especially information on travel)??

Yes you are absolutely right, let's stick to talking about the cost of a hamburger on Pedro Clissante or how much the chicas are charging this week because those are known facts. I made it clear that it was a rumor passed on from someone who had met with the president and discussed this topic with him. In the end it hasn't happened, yet. My source said he had made it clear it was subject to the numbers working, and I guess they didn't.

This is a web forum. Anyone is free to post whatever they like about DR, the mods are the only people who should be judging. I for one like to hear rumors on here and accept that some come true and some don't. So I'm sorry I will continue to post what I hear, and if that bothers you just click on Ignore.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes you are absolutely right, let's stick to talking about the cost of a hamburger on Pedro Clissante or how much the chicas are charging this week because those are known facts. I made it clear that it was a rumor passed on from someone who had met with the president and discussed this topic with him. In the end it hasn't happened, yet. My source said he had made it clear it was subject to the numbers working, and I guess they didn't.

This is a web forum. Anyone is free to post whatever they like about DR, the mods are the only people who should be judging. I for one like to hear rumors on here and accept that some come true and some don't. So I'm sorry I will continue to post what I hear, and if that bothers you just click on Ignore.
No I won't put you on ignore. There is another category I have already put you in my friend. Post away as long as it doesn't embarrass you . I get a good laugh.
Have a very blessed day.

Reactions: Caonabo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Come on guys, stop shooting the messenger. We’re a discussion board, discussing possibilities it part of it.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
That's exactly what he has been doing. The ex presidents brother is in prison. But the corruption is so systemic here and the government coffers so empty it is not easy.

The issue is going to go on for a long time as well. Because we were basically closed for months my business has run up a huge ITBIS and tax credit. So we won't be paying any taxes for most of 2021 at least. And so many other businesses are in the same position.
oh is that about the esdenorte and esdesur stealing billions?

Feb 7, 2007

I guess the numbers would need to be in 200-300 daily cases... And we are way long away from that. Let's say 500... Even with that number, it's still a long way away.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There is more WRONG info posted on this board than ever before...................Everyone is an expert on everything, but knows nothing...........................
And the actual experts are posting quality information ❓
Title of the tread says "rumor".
Perhaps some o ya'll missdit.
It is a discussion thread.
Every single one of ya'll posting in thread that has "rumor" in the title.
Got me rolling on the floor laughing ‼️

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I heard a rumour yesterday, from a friend in the know, that Christmas will be on 25 December, and New Year's Eve will once again fall on 31 December.
My source, an elf, was seen standing next to Santa Claus during a press briefing revealing 2021 Covid protocols moving forward.
Dominicans celebrate Xmas on Dec 24. At least my family does. I say Bah Humbug to that whole thing.
But this coming Xmas might be around the time of lifting curfews for CV19 if enough vaccinations are given.
Some Chinese ones are coming or just arrived.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
My response has always been is that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. People will have to live with it when the governments arbitrarily decide when to reopen everything. Do what you feel is right to protect yourself.
I agree that we're stuck with covid for the long haul and who can know how long that will be. Also that we should protect ourselves as best as possible. I don't believe that most of the directions from 1st world gov't's, and those like the DR that follow along and take guidance from them, are arbitrary. Most seem to be based on current, good science. They even change directives when there is new scientific consensus, which is also good science.

It's the deniers and those refusing to accept science that I have issue with, like the US under trump.

Also the "I'm tired of the curfews so i'ma gonna be a rebel" selfish types and those too ignorant to be informed or too dumb to be allowed to form opinions that are messing things up for everyone.

If the experts, scientists and Doctors had been listened to from early on, we would have had a much easier time with far less preventable death. to do was what we're largely being forced to do now. Stay in, social distance, wear masks, wash hands etc...but with less death.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Tropical Paul,

Thank you for giving me hope that the curfew might be loosening up in the near future. You clearly stated it was a rumor but a rumor based on some inside information which turned out to be wrong. Keep posting about what you hear because I'm interested. As far as the ones beating up on you please consider their history on this board.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Tropical Paul,

Thank you for giving me hope that the curfew might be loosening up in the near future. You clearly stated it was a rumor but a rumor based on some inside information which turned out to be wrong. Keep posting about what you hear because I'm interested. As far as the ones beating up on you please consider their history on this board.

Thank you. And I don't think it is actually wrong. I believe It will probably happen, just not yet. The government is very aware of the amount of bars and clubs and colmados that are on the verge of extinction, this point is definitely being made to those at the top and there is plenty of evidence they are listening. FASE comes to an end at the end of April, they have to get businesses opening up pretty soon or it will be a serious mess. (For those who don't know, FASE is the payment of around RD$ 7,500 / US$150 per month the government gives to anyone who cannot work as their business is closed due to Covid).

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Dominicans celebrate Xmas on Dec 24. At least my family does. I say Bah Humbug to that whole thing.
But this coming Xmas might be around the time of lifting curfews for CV19 if enough vaccinations are given.
Some Chinese ones are coming or just arrived.

Actually, Dominicans DO celebrate Christmas on 25 December.
They celebrate "La Noche Buena" on 24 December.
A small difference to you, is a much bigger one to others.
This is a fact, not a rumour.

Reactions: johne
Status
Not open for further replies.