Dominican business gurus travel to Colombia seeking more Colombian investment

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Delegacion-empresarios-Colombia-El-Dinero-e1614145442911.jpeg

A delegation of leading Dominican business people head by the president of the National Business Council, Pedro Brache, traveled to Colombia where Colombian President Iván Duque received them. El Dinero reports the business mission exchanged views on trade, investment, cultural and diplomatic relations of interest to both countries. Former President Hipólito Mejía accompanied the mission. Dominican ambassador to Colombia, Julio Cordero and Colombian Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, Daniel Cabrales Castillo helped coordinate the trip and meetings in Colombia.

Other participants in the business mission were: Felipe Vicini, Carlos José Martí, Héctor and Samir Rizek, Frank Rainieri, Mícalo Bermúdez, Luis Rojas, Junior Noboa, Javier Tejada and José Yude Michelén and Conep executive vice-president, César Dargam.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Look at the names involved. Take from it what you will.

"Felipe Vicini, Carlos José Martí, Héctor and Samir Rizek, Frank Rainieri, Mícalo Bermúdez, Luis Rojas, Junior Noboa, Javier Tejada and José Yude Michelén and Conep executive vice-president, César Dargam."
Oh, and Hipólito Mejía.

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Look at the names involved. Take from it what you will.

"Felipe Vicini, Carlos José Martí, Héctor and Samir Rizek, Frank Rainieri, Mícalo Bermúdez, Luis Rojas, Junior Noboa, Javier Tejada and José Yude Michelén and Conep executive vice-president, César Dargam."
Oh, and Hipólito Mejía.
I disliked that guy as president of the DR as much as I hated George W Bush as POTUS. I refer to Hippo as Mr. Potato Head. What an imbecile.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No US of A politics please.

No politics, punto.

Hipolito is a pretty nice guy. I have spoken to him a few times and he always has remembered me when we cross paths. But then again, he's a politician.

I've seen him at IKEA, and in Jumbo a few times.

He wasn't a very good president, however. Those times were painful to say the least.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No politics, punto.

Hipolito is a pretty nice guy. I have spoken to him a few times and he always has remembered me when we cross paths. But then again, he's a politician.

I've seen him at IKEA, and in Jumbo a few times.

He wasn't a very good president, however. Those times were painful to say the least.
The ability to get elected and being a good executive running a government are not always skills possessed by the same person.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Hipolito wasn't a good president IMO and most Dominican's I know saw him as an embarrassment, however he did say some pretty funny, albeit, off color remarks as president.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I looked him up on wikipedia. I don't get the reference to him as a machine. Could u explain a bit more please?

Search a little deeper, and look at where he historically prefers to spend his downtime.
Connect those dots, with the points of time for such.
A pencil, paper, and internet connection will provide the answers for everything you would like to know, or then again, would rather not know.