Haiti’s political crisis needs to be tackled by the international community, says expert

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The DRGOV has no responsibility to pick up the tab for anything that is going INSIDE of Haiti.
Being a good neighbor does mean writing a check.
Many different ways to help Haiti without doing that.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I always enjoy the armchair experts on DR1 comment on Haiti and her future prospects.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The DRGOV has no responsibility to pick up the tab for anything that is going INSIDE of Haiti.
Being a good neighbor does mean writing a check.
For those wondering how...read ‼️
Many different ways to help Haiti without doing that.

"The Joint Declaration states:

1. DR and Haiti and its institutions are willing to work together to identify and register all Haitian citizens that live in the Dominican Republic in the Haitian civil registry. [During the past Medina administration, thousands of Haitians were nationalized as Dominicans, and others received special status residence cards. For many these were their first identification cards ever.]

2. In health, and with the collaboration of international community for financing, both heads of state commit to the building of general hospitals in Haitian territory, located where the government of that country considers it appropriate to reduce the intensive use of Dominican public hospitals by Haitian citizens. [Previously, the Haitian government had refused to accept international donations for the construction of hospitals in Haiti, preferring to delegate health matters to Dominican public hospitals. Around 30% of all births in Dominican hospitals are to Haitian women.]

3. Open negotiations to set the limits and maritime borders between both countries as soon as possible.

4. Take measures appropriate to each country to deploy vanguard technologies to end irregular migration and people, weapon and drug trafficking, cattle theft and other illicit activities at the border.

5. Cooperate mutually and sustainably in energy, agriculture and industry, production of fuel for cooking and efforts to control deforestation.

6. Work to obtain financing to train officers in border security and vigilance for both countries. Both countries will collaborate on establishment of technological and physical border controls.

7. Continue negotiations until reaching a general trade agreement for transparent, stable, fair and predictible norms to stop the present contraband that affects tax collections in both countries.

8. Work on a plan for the energy interconnection of both countries giving priority to renewable energies – wind, solar, biomass, and hydroelectricity, allowing the surplus of production in one country to be sold in the other.

9. Promote the production of biodegradable products and discourage the use of products manufactured with polystyrene. Polystyrene, the hard, solid plastic used for food and consumer goods packaging and other purposes.

Former JCE judge, Carmen Imbert Brugal, on her Fidelity FM 94.1, morning radio talk show, El Matutino Alternativo, says it is yet to be known if the agreements will be complied with. She observed the country has had many agreements that have been ignored by the Haitian authorities."

Right out of the daily headline news.

Asked and answered.
Your serve🎾‼️

Reactions: mountainannie

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
How does that generate economic growth? How does that stop corruption?
The points mentioned counts on the initiative of The Dominican Republic mainly. I think the DR has enough problems to deal with.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I always enjoy the armchair experts on DR1 comment on Haiti and her future prospects.
Agreed. As I have been a real estate speculator for most of my career, I usually have a contrainain viewpoint of furture properties /neighborhoods that seem to have little hope for survival. It's amazing that I still eat three meals a day. lol.
How is it possible that "the armchair experts" can predict dire consequences for this "piece of property" based solely on the past history of the nation. I repeat, PAST. With that logic (using only the past) one would go broke at the roulette wheel because after 4 spins of black...they would play black. People are "followers".A miniscule amount of people are "leaders".
How many people you know ALWAYS say "I wish I woulda, coulda, shoulda .... (fill in the blanks? )

These are only my thoughts and opinion and I offer no solution to the Haiti problem at this time because I don't know what the future holds for that nation. Nor does anyone else.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With Haiti, past performance does predict the future. There is no one that will step in to make Haiti better, so there is no cause for improvement there.

Even the DR goverment is realizing something must be done to better protect the DR from what is the failed state of Haiti:

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Much like my country of origin the DRGOV is talking out of both sides of dey mouf on the issue of illegal immigration from Haiti.
Agreed. As I have been a real estate speculator for most of my career, I usually have a contrainain viewpoint of furture properties /neighborhoods that seem to have little hope for survival. It's amazing that I still eat three meals a day. lol.
How is it possible that "the armchair experts" can predict dire consequences for this "piece of property" based solely on the past history of the nation. I repeat, PAST. With that logic (using only the past) one would go broke at the roulette wheel because after 4 spins of black...they would play black. People are "followers".A miniscule amount of people are "leaders".
How many people you know ALWAYS say "I wish I woulda, coulda, shoulda .... (fill in the blanks? )

These are only my thoughts and opinion and I offer no solution to the Haiti problem at this time because I don't know what the future holds for that nation. Nor does anyone else.
Dead on point brother about Haiti ‼️
Works the same way in the financial markets.
You look at the situation based on what you think may happen in the future.
You pays your money and takes your chances.
Great example of the roulette wheel.
What happened before has nothing to do with what is going to happen to on the next spin.
And you can (in some cases) loosely predict the area the ball will land in.
Because the person spinning the ball is human.
It is the human factor that makes all the difference.
Just like a "path of progress" play in real estate.
Or making improvements that add value.
How does that generate economic growth? How does that stop corruption?
This is not law school and we are not teaching using the socratic method.
Would you like to make a point or answer a question❓
Educate me please.
My Father taught me it is easy to ask questions.
Much harder to be the person answering them.
The points mentioned counts on the initiative of The Dominican Republic mainly. I think the DR has enough problems to deal with.
In my opinion, this is a irrelevant statement to the issue and conversation about Haiti.
To ignore a problem on your flank because your are busy handling the head on attack is unwise.
🥃🥃

Past is not prologue.
And just because someone says something is a fact does not make it so.
Especially without proof.
And how can predictions of the future be proved.
Until time has passed.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I am sorry Vegasman, but your only answer to my question was some kind of quote. It’s hard to have a discussion the way you do. It’s ok. I’ll stop. Keep on commenting and opinating please.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Apology accepted ‼️

My answer was that I agree with the programs being put in place by the DRGOV to deal with priority issues with Haiti as we speak.
That is more than you have offered.
I am sorry you missed that.
If you don't know, now you know.

A discussion, 2Fulano Islay single malt scotch lover, involves an exchange.
Not just one person asking another a question.
But you continue your socratic method of making a point.
And when you are ready to have a real discussion and share some of your actual comments and opinions about the topic of the thread...
You let me know.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
With Haiti, past performance does predict the future. There is no one that will step in to make Haiti better, so there is no cause for improvement there.

Even the DR goverment is realizing something must be done to better protect the DR from what is the failed state of Haiti:

You are certainly entitled to your way of thinking and setting your feet and opinions in concrete. It s not ,by any stretch of one’s imagination
that I live my life that way. If that’s what makes you happy, go for it.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

I see this a sign that they the DRGOV is dealing with the problems on their flank.
"He stated that they are determined to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with Haiti, which a month ago signed an agreement where it is contemplated to support the identification with documents from their country, the sale of energy, and the installation with international collaboration and in coordination with their government, from maternity hospitals on the Haitian side of the border."

As presented it is not the intention to intervene in the problems of Haiti
But to work with them on the issues that are most important to the DRGOV.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
For those wondering how...read ‼️

"The Joint Declaration states:

1. DR and Haiti and its institutions are willing to work together to identify and register all Haitian citizens that live in the Dominican Republic in the Haitian civil registry. [During the past Medina administration, thousands of Haitians were nationalized as Dominicans, and others received special status residence cards. For many these were their first identification cards ever.]

2. In health, and with the collaboration of international community for financing, both heads of state commit to the building of general hospitals in Haitian territory, located where the government of that country considers it appropriate to reduce the intensive use of Dominican public hospitals by Haitian citizens. [Previously, the Haitian government had refused to accept international donations for the construction of hospitals in Haiti, preferring to delegate health matters to Dominican public hospitals. Around 30% of all births in Dominican hospitals are to Haitian women.]

3. Open negotiations to set the limits and maritime borders between both countries as soon as possible.

4. Take measures appropriate to each country to deploy vanguard technologies to end irregular migration and people, weapon and drug trafficking, cattle theft and other illicit activities at the border.

5. Cooperate mutually and sustainably in energy, agriculture and industry, production of fuel for cooking and efforts to control deforestation.

6. Work to obtain financing to train officers in border security and vigilance for both countries. Both countries will collaborate on establishment of technological and physical border controls.

7. Continue negotiations until reaching a general trade agreement for transparent, stable, fair and predictible norms to stop the present contraband that affects tax collections in both countries.

8. Work on a plan for the energy interconnection of both countries giving priority to renewable energies – wind, solar, biomass, and hydroelectricity, allowing the surplus of production in one country to be sold in the other.

9. Promote the production of biodegradable products and discourage the use of products manufactured with polystyrene. Polystyrene, the hard, solid plastic used for food and consumer goods packaging and other purposes.

Former JCE judge, Carmen Imbert Brugal, on her Fidelity FM 94.1, morning radio talk show, El Matutino Alternativo, says it is yet to be known if the agreements will be complied with. She observed the country has had many agreements that have been ignored by the Haitian authorities."

Right out of the daily headline news.

Asked and answered.
Your serve🎾‼️
seems like there are three or more threads going on Haiti/wall/ etc - hard to keep up! The last thread I was looking at had some REALLY great postings by NALS on the background of the current president and how the proposed wall was an Israeli idea/project. Just in response to the OP -article - HAITI is certainly on the front page of the US east coast papers but there is very little depth or understanding - and lots of editorials by folks who honestly know - well - nada. The current instability in Haiti is judged by those far more knowledgeable then myself to be the worst in modern times - particularly since the forces in opposition to the current government are scattered and leaderless.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
seems like there are three or more threads going on Haiti/wall/ etc - hard to keep up! The last thread I was looking at had some REALLY great postings by NALS on the background of the current president and how the proposed wall was an Israeli idea/project. Just in response to the OP -article - HAITI is certainly on the front page of the US east coast papers but there is very little depth or understanding - and lots of editorials by folks who honestly know - well - nada. The current instability in Haiti is judged by those far more knowledgeable then myself to be the worst in modern times - particularly since the forces in opposition to the current government are scattered and leaderless.
Some posters in this thread don't seem grasp how bad and hopeless it really is in Haiti.

Reactions: Big and Fulano2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Apology accepted ‼️

My answer was that I agree with the programs being put in place by the DRGOV to deal with priority issues with Haiti as we speak.
That is more than you have offered.
I am sorry you missed that.
If you don't know, now you know.

A discussion, 2Fulano Islay single malt scotch lover, involves an exchange.
Not just one person asking another a question.
But you continue your socratic method of making a point.
And when you are ready to have a real discussion and share some of your actual comments and opinions about the topic of the thread...
You let me know.
I will agree that the new wall going in is a great idea. It is best to keep failed nations within their own borders.

Reactions: Big and Fulano2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I will agree that the new wall going in is a great idea.
Yes, the entire program (it is much more than just a wall) from the DRGOV represents engagement.
Not a individual writing off an entire population for generations into the future.
That is a good thing.
Forward thinking on the part of the DRGOV...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Some posters in this thread don't seem grasp how bad and hopeless it really is in Haiti.
Well - I am always of the mindset that Where There is Life There is Hope - And I have the most profound respect for the Haitian people who actually seem able to live on very close to nothing and remain - well - ALIVE... I think that Americans, in particular, could learn a great deal more from Haitians than they could learn from us. But just IMHO.