Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The only part of this posting that is correct, is in regards to the Chinese tires.
"Vaccination precluding spreading is a technical issue." ????????????? :oops:
Yes, those technicalities we endure in life.
Precious indeed.
Plus that Korean car was manufactured in the USA.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The basic reality is that the vaccine options for the DR are limited based on storage, transportation and distribution limitations of the vaccines themselves. Personally the AstraZeneca vaccine is more appealing to me than the Chinese offering. The AZ vaccine is not optimal but much better than the Chinese product it appears.

Reactions: bienamor

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

People over 65 can be vaccinated from today in a center installed at UNPHU​

Saulo Mota Telemin
Santo Domingo, RD

A call yesterday for a vaccination day for members of the educational staff created confusion in some citizens, mainly for those over 65 years of age and their families, who formed long lines to inoculate themselves.

It was a false call disseminated on social networks, which assured that on the campus of the Pedro Henríquez Ureña University (UNPHU), place of the call for teachers and the rest of the members of the education system, they would be immunizing people older than 65 years.

"For today (yesterday), 500 teachers from the public and private sectors were summoned," said Eddy Chávez, director of the 15-04 educational district. “There was an unofficial call through the networks that were calling, that here (at the UNPHU) they were for all the elderly, over 65 years of age. That really is information that is not real ”.

However, he did affirm that the center that operates in the aforementioned university will be serving citizens of that age from today, at eight in the morning.

The process
Although the director of educational informatics of the Ministry of Education (Minerd), Paulino Jiménez, reported that the process was opened only to members of the education system belonging to the initial and primary level, they proceeded to provide doses to some of the older than 65 that were presented According to Jiménez, the logistics applied in that vaccination center are designed in such a way that, if doses of the vaccine are missing, they can be sent to the place, so they could inoculate those present, despite the fact that the initial list consisted of a limited number of people.

Computer translated from:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

People over 65 can be vaccinated from today in a center installed at UNPHU​

Saulo Mota Telemin
Santo Domingo, RD

A call yesterday for a vaccination day for members of the educational staff created confusion in some citizens, mainly for those over 65 years of age and their families, who formed long lines to inoculate themselves.

It was a false call disseminated on social networks, which assured that on the campus of the Pedro Henríquez Ureña University (UNPHU), place of the call for teachers and the rest of the members of the education system, they would be immunizing people older than 65 years.

"For today (yesterday), 500 teachers from the public and private sectors were summoned," said Eddy Chávez, director of the 15-04 educational district. “There was an unofficial call through the networks that were calling, that here (at the UNPHU) they were for all the elderly, over 65 years of age. That really is information that is not real ”.

However, he did affirm that the center that operates in the aforementioned university will be serving citizens of that age from today, at eight in the morning.

The process
Although the director of educational informatics of the Ministry of Education (Minerd), Paulino Jiménez, reported that the process was opened only to members of the education system belonging to the initial and primary level, they proceeded to provide doses to some of the older than 65 that were presented According to Jiménez, the logistics applied in that vaccination center are designed in such a way that, if doses of the vaccine are missing, they can be sent to the place, so they could inoculate those present, despite the fact that the initial list consisted of a limited number of people.

Computer translated from:

Guess the rest of the country isn't as important.​

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Think about how many people you know that don't trust eating chineese food. At least there is a smell test, taste test and a bathroom near by. So, you mean to say one would have someone jab some whatever(?????) into your body that was made in China? Com'on folks.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Think about how many people you know that don't trust eating chineese food. At least there is a smell test, taste test and a bathroom near by. So, you mean to say one would have someone jab some whatever(?????) into your body that was made in China? Com'on folks.
I just watched a report about Europeans refusing the AstraZeneca vaccine which is going unused in Europe.

The DR has the poor Chinese vaccine and the now being rejected by others AstraZeneca vaccine as its two top choices.

Go figure.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I just watched a report about Europeans refusing the AstraZeneca vaccine which is going unused in Europe.

The DR has the poor Chinese vaccine and the now being rejected by others AstraZeneca vaccine as its two top choices.

Go figure.
All I can add is: Not good.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All I can add is: Not good.
From yesterday's 10,000 word speech by POTDR at least Pfizer is a potential option for some:

While he talked about many issues, he focused on the vaccination campaign now underway and stated that by May or June 80% of the population would be vaccinated. The government has purchased 10 million vaccines from Pfizer, 8 million from AstraZeneca and two million from the United Nations program Covax. The Dominican Republic has received 50,000 AstraZeneca vaccines made under license in India and a further 90,000 are expected “within days”. China sent over 768,000 vials of its SinovacBiotech vaccine.

Aug 21, 2007
Today, they are giving the vaccine in Jamao. The doctor called me to come get it. Knowing it is the Chinese vaccine, I told him thanks, but I think I will wait for another laboratory.

Reactions: windeguy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Today, they are giving the vaccine in Jamao. The doctor called me to come get it. Knowing it is the Chinese vaccine, I told him thanks, but I think I will wait for another laboratory.
That's my point on the post that preceded yours. Does one have a choice after rejection of the China version? Do you chance getting another shot at it ?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Good news! Foreigners are included among those that can be vaccinated here for free.

Aug 21, 2007
That's my point on the post that preceded yours. Does one have a choice after rejection of the China version? Do you chance getting another shot at it ?

"Another shot at it..." haha. Good pun.

Jamao is small and we have a public hospital. There were no big crowds today. I am sure when they get to the stage that the general population can be vaccinated, I will have another opportunity. I don't know about the cities and how their systems will function. I can only speak for Jamao.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Perhaps its the complicity of the World Health Organization in accepting the Chinese attempted cover up that there was no evidence of human to human transmission of the virus;

www.theatlantic.com

How China Deceived the WHO

U.S. senators are calling for investigations and the president is threatening to cut off funding. What happened?
www.theatlantic.com
www.theatlantic.com

Or the two courageous doctors (Le Wenliang and Ai Fen) who blew the whistle and either died...........or disappeared.

Step right up and roll up those sleeves............what could go wrong.........China to the rescue lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
You would trust these two guys...,.?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Go figure.
Chinese vaccine...and made in India......why would anybody even hesitate...........

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They SERVED CARBOARD Dumplings AS FOOD ( used it as FILLER ) AT THE BEIJING OLYMPICS, as the whole world was watching
....... How much more does one need to know about their Ethics ..
My Family Doctor ( GP ) is Chinese and he says and I quote " If it comes out of China ,, its $HIT " ...

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
India is actually VERY GOOD , with Quality Control .. or so its been said .
not sure about India... never seen a car made there, or electronics, ... or anything except people, you know India and china make the most people in the world.....now I wonder how they make that many...with questionable quality control..............

Jan 9, 2004
not sure about India... never seen a car made there, or electronics, ... or anything except people, you know India and china make the most people in the world.....now I wonder how they make that many...with questionable quality control..............
Let me introduce you to Tata Motors;

They also own Jaguar and Land Rover................

But they (India) do actually make a lot of the medicines distributed worldwide.........for major drug companies.

And to re-iterate and answer the original question again...................there are no vaccines currently being distributed in the DR that I would accept.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.