North Coast Covid-19 Vaccination Sites - Who, What, When & Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am sure I am not the only one who at times finds it difficult understanding the local media or speaking with and understanding officials on the telephone. I like others probably have very little knowledge of where the local vaccination sites will be located which makes getting to them difficult and confusing. I am hoping that with the help of astute DR1 users, information about who qualifies for the vaccine on any given date, where people can go to receive the inoculation, and other relevant information for those who wish to be vaccinated on the north coast will be posted here by those who hear and understand the announcements and information provided to the population. I suspect there is lots of user interest in a straight forward and easy to understand thread about getting vaccinated. I ask for your help so that people don't miss their opportunity due to language difficulties or not seeing the relevant information if it gets posted elsewhere and becomes obfuscated amid a lengthy back and forth conversation as often happens. On behalf of everyone who may have difficulty staying abreast of the current and factual vaccination clinic information, I thank you in advance for making the effort to ensure we are informed as best we can be.

Reactions: cavok

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I am sure I am not the only one who at times finds it difficult understanding the local media or speaking with and understanding officials on the telephone. I like others probably have very little knowledge of where the local vaccination sites will be located which makes getting to them difficult and confusing. I am hoping that with the help of astute DR1 users, information about who qualifies for the vaccine on any given date, where people can go to receive the inoculation, and other relevant information for those who wish to be vaccinated on the north coast will be posted here by those who hear and understand the announcements and information provided to the population. I suspect there is lots of user interest in a straight forward and easy to understand thread about getting vaccinated. I ask for your help so that people don't miss their opportunity due to language difficulties or not seeing the relevant information if it gets posted elsewhere and becomes obfuscated amid a lengthy back and forth conversation as often happens. On behalf of everyone who may have difficulty staying abreast of the current and factual vaccination clinic information, I thank you in advance for making the effort to ensure we are informed as best we can be.
In Luperon at the clinic.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx WW, my point exactly about missing important information that gets buried in other threads. I took a quick look at the list, will study it in more detail but I didn't see anything for Sosua and travel is a bit of an obstacle for my wife and I. Maybe some riding sharing opportunities will present themselves at the right time to avoid the need for a taxi. Back to the list and the Vacunate RD website to see if I can figure out the where and when part.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I just got the shot in Punta Cana. Thanks to WW and his list. He can get the rum of his choice if he is ever in Punta Cana from me. They were totally organized and I was in and out in 45 minutes. That was with a wait time after the shot. Back in 28 days for 2nd. They give you a card that you are vaccinated and the date to return. Which is flexible.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I scrolled the website of locations and Sosua/Cabarete seem to have been overlooked. Did I miss a line?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sky, did you have to register online or by telephone before going to be inoculated. The Govt. website seems to suggest that preregistration is part of the process?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky, did you have to register online or by telephone before going to be inoculated. The Govt. website seems to suggest that preregistration is part of the process?
No. Just went in and got the shot. No register or nothing. Just have your Cedula.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I scrolled the website of locations and Sosua/Cabarete seem to have been overlooked. Did I miss a line?
I don't see any places local to me in Sousa or Cabarete. Now I have to figure out where the other places are located and which one will be best to make use of. My wife is in phase IC and I am in phase 2A. Not sure which phase we are in right now. The current phase is not listed on https://vacunate.gob.do/ even though you'd think it would be prominently displayed - all information in one place and all that. Only an oblique reference to the need to register before getting the vaccine and how to do that is not yet announced apparently.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Look under Puerto Plata province

in
San Felipe
Padre de las Casas
Guananico
Villa Isabella
That is where I was looking. Not a whole lot of choices. Of those you mention above and the others are they actually located in the city of Puerto Plata? Puerto Plata province is a big place and I am not familiar with those town/sector names not knowing anyone who lives there.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is where I was looking. Not a whole lot of choices. Of those you mention above and the others are they actually located in the city of Puerto Plata? Puerto Plata province is a big place and I am not familiar with those town/sector names not knowing anyone who lives there.
In the message that Dolores posted it was said there is a place in Charamicos. Since that vaccination center is not included in the list for Puerto Plata, one of our maintenance men is going to Charamicos today to find out exactly where we go.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Guananico and villa isabela are not in POP town.

Out in the campos.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the message that Dolores posted it was said there is a place in Charamicos. Since that vaccination center is not included in the list for Puerto Plata, one of our maintenance men is going to Charamicos today to find out exactly where we go.
I think they lied. But hopefully there is good news for those in Sosua and Cabarete in the future. For now, there are no sites listed in either locale. The site by the Bomberos in POP rant out of vaccines in the early morning hours today.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Guananico.

Already over.
Yesterday they vaccinated medical staff.
They vaccinated older people WITH " conditions".
And not enough for everyone, at that.

Their " tip" is to monitor social media for next arrival of batches of vaccines.

Off record, she said to forget about for years to come if you are under 40 and no " conditions ".

On another note the public hospital at Guananico do PCR test ( I asked 3 times if it was the PCR " variant" ), on Wednesdays, but results delivered following week--- so no good for travelling.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Padre de las casas (near one of the pedistrian bridges) & San Felipe (near the port) are in puerto plata

Reactions: Garyexpat

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Mary Jo at CMC says she has heard that the policlinica in Los Charamicos is vaccinating people 70+ from 8-4. I do not know where this clinica is located and I do not know if they will be vaccinating through all of the phases of the the entire program. Aparently this is a public health clinic. Vaccine is in short supply so whatever they have will not last long. Need to find a way to learn if this clinica will be a viable location in the future when more vaccine arrives and we progress through the various eligibility phases. I guess someone with much better language skills than me needs to go on a fact finding mission for the benefit of all the residents who live in Sosua and the surrounding area. Please.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Padre de las casas (near one of the pedistrian bridges) & San Felipe (near the port) are in puerto plata
So is San Marcos. It is off the main road to Navarette past the Hogar de los Ancianos.

Status
Not open for further replies.