Starbucks in the DR

yeptruthhurts

Feb 10, 2021
Even though I did not like Starbuck's Coffee (the two times I tried it), I wonder how Dominicans will take to it? If there was a Santo Domingo Coffee place next tot he Starbucks, would they go to Cafe Santo Domingo or would they go to Starbucks (and why?--better coffee or for status or something else?).

I leave you with this video:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Even though I did not like Starbuck's Coffee (the two times I tried it), I wonder how Dominicans will take to it? If there was a Santo Domingo Coffee place next tot he Starbucks, would they go to Cafe Santo Domingo or would they go to Starbucks (and why?--better coffee or for status or something else?).
Those who want a photo op for social media will goto Starbuck's
Those who want good coffee will goto Santo Domingo.

Reactions: yeptruthhurts

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
back in the early 80's
JD if I remember correctly was in the 90.s but then I can be wrong. they up and closed all at once as the one owner had all the franchises. skipped the country. earliest I was here was 88. Even the employee's were not informed, went to work and doors were locked

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I hear a Starbucks is going to open in Sosua by the end of this May in order to help promote family tourism.
Along with a Dr. Seuss english learning center for children.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Don't do Starbucks any more! they have no idea what plane black cup of coffee is.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I hear a Starbucks is going to open in Sosua by the end of this May in order to help promote family tourism.
Along with a Dr. Seuss english learning center for children.
starbucks...family business?.......been to a bon ice cream there....no familys to be had.