North Coast Covid-19 Vaccination Sites - Who, What, When & Where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
If you are in Sosua or Cabarete, are 70 or over, and have a car. Drive up to Jamao. They are giving the vaccinations in The Club. When I passed just before noon today and yesterday in the afternoon, no one was there and the doctors and nurses were just sitting, passing time.

Reactions: cavok

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
If you are in Sosua or Cabarete, are 70 or over, and have a car. Drive up to Jamao. They are giving the vaccinations in The Club. When I passed just before noon today and yesterday in the afternoon, no one was there and the doctors and nurses were just sitting, passing time.
Wish I had seen your post earlier, Lindsay and prior to being in Santiago for my cataract surgery on my left eye this morning - right eye was operated on last Thursday. We returned home via Jamao just an hour ago!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The word obviously isn't getting out about some of these more rural locations being available for the jab. BTW what's "The Club"

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Back you go Whirleybird......
worth the trip to avoid the wait and the crowds

Like Jamao, my 'rural outpost' was empty at 1:30pm today

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
From what I am hearing the clinic in Sosua is going to be a multi-day affair. Once they finish with all the really old people, then they will open up for just regular old people. So give it to Monday or Tuesday if you aren't in the current phased age bracket. Somewhere this information is being announced. I just haven't found out where yet. I wonder where the fridge or fridges are at Sosua city hall?

Aug 21, 2007
The word obviously isn't getting out about some of these more rural locations being available for the jab. BTW what's "The Club"
Almost every community has a community center or "Club." It is a public space for people to hold meetings, have parties, teach classes, etc.

The Club in Jamao is just behind the park and Catholic Church. (And across from Strength for the Journey, by the way.)

Reactions: drstock

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I went to the Los Brazos clinic today, which is on the way to Jamao. They wouldn't give me the vaccine because I'm not 70 yet. I asked if they would in Jamao and they said no, wait another two weeks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I went to the Los Brazos clinic today, which is on the way to Jamao. They wouldn't give me the vaccine because I'm not 70 yet. I asked if they would in Jamao and they said no, wait another two weeks.
This is interesting to me as I only live in the next village to Los Brazos plus a bit up into the mountain from the road to La Catalina. Where is the clinic in Los Brazos? I am already 70. Do I need cedula or will passport suffice?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
from Wilfredo Olivences,the mayor of sosua's FB page:
Important notice.
Hereby we want to invite the entire municipality of Sosua to the great COVID 19 vaccination day; for all people ages 60 onwards.
Vaccination Centers:
1-Town Hall of Sosua.
2-Multiuse of Sosua.
3-Villa Liberation Communal Center.
Time: 7:45 AM
Next Saturday March 06, 2021.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Was in Puerta Plata today and decided to check out the vaccination place behind the Bombera. I was in and out in 20 minutes. A few people sitting around and waiting to get in or waiting after-jab for the OK to leave. They are SOOOOOO well organized there. Might be busier on the weekend but at 1::30 in the afternoon today it was so unbelievably quick.

Aug 21, 2007
Some places it is 60, others the first phase is 70. It varies from place to place. They are following strict guidelines set out by the Minister of Salud.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Some places it is 60, others the first phase is 70. It varies from place to place. They are following strict guidelines set out by the Minister of Salud.
Thanks to Lindsey's recommendation and help we chose to go to Jamao to avoid any waiting lines. In and out in 30 minutes for shot #1 by a very attentive & kind staff that seems well practiced.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm not yet 60 so I have to wait. My Wife qualifies but she insists that we get inoculated together, so we are sync'd up and can go back together for the 2nd dose. Hopefully Sosua will do the 50 - 60 year olds too. If anyone hears anything about this age group being accepted I'd appreciate a heads up. Thx.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is interesting to me as I only live in the next village to Los Brazos plus a bit up into the mountain from the road to La Catalina. Where is the clinic in Los Brazos? I am already 70. Do I need cedula or will passport suffice?
It's hard to describe but it's on the left on the main road going up the hill towards Jamao, set back a little from the road. I can't remember exactly what the sign says but it says something that made me think it was the place. They did say I would need a cedula.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm not yet 60 so I have to wait. My Wife qualifies but she insists that we get inoculated together, so we are sync'd up and can go back together for the 2nd dose. Hopefully Sosua will do the 50 - 60 year olds too. If anyone hears anything about this age group being accepted I'd appreciate a heads up. Thx.
Well, we stopped in at Union medica IN SANTIAGO TODAY AND THERE ARE NO VACCINATIONS UNTIL MONDAY AND THEN IT IS OVER 70, WE WERE TOLD IT WAS ONLY GOING BY AGE.

Reactions: Russell
Status
Not open for further replies.