Government considers Spanish and Israeli technology for fence with Haiti

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
It is a simple equation. An increasingly Haitian demographic will bring increasingly Haitian economic/social/political results to this country. Nothing more, nothing less. In other words, eternal instability and dysfunction, one Jacquerie* at a time.

* = This was the name for the peasant rebellions in medieval France.
Of course. Up here in the US we have many Mexican restaurants. Some of them are quite good.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Build that wall!
We have enough problems on this side of the island and do not need
incidents like this happening over here.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
As you know very well, Haitians pay corrupt customs/immigration officials to come into the DR. So the fence/wall will stop no one. It might stop a few cows however.
The current plan is to end illegal immigrantion within the next two years. The current president will still be in office then, so he will get either praise or criticism (probably both, but who will do what depends if illegal immigration is reduced considerably by then.)

They have to be well aware as anyone else that the fence alone will not achieve that. It will, however, makes it more effective to control illegal immigration and a replacement of corrupt migration officials with others that are not corrupt or less corrupt will be necessary. It's kind of what is happening now in various institutions of the government. In the rendición de cuentas at congress the president said very clearly that his government will not tolerate corrupt practices from anyone. Basically, anyone caught red handed can expect to not have the protection of the government.

Last edited:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And we all know kidnappings do not occur in the 🇩🇴 right now.

px_black.gif

Kidnapped Dominican Republic Baby Freed By Captors
Police pressure said to be responsible.

SANTO DOMINGO -- A little Dominican girl, two years old, who had been kidnapped earlier this week in the northeastern city of San Francisco de Macoris, was freed Saturday "safe and sound" by her captors, the Dominican police announced.

The case, which had upset the Caribbean nation already shaken by a wave of insecurity and crime, had a happy ending when the child was discovered alone and crying just after midnight this morning at a fast-food restaurant in the northern city of Santiago, according to a police communique.

"The little girl was taken there by a woman, who after buying some products, abandoned her in the play area," the communique said.

According to the police, the kidnappers took the decision to free the girl due to the pressure from the officers, who had launched a wide-ranging search operation in the city of Santiago and others in the northern part of the country.

The authorities also said that several people are being investigated for the crime and said that those directly responsible for the abductin will be nabbed in the "next few hours."

Last week a Dominican businessman, who was also kidnapped in San Francisco de Macoris, was released after a ransom was paid of an amount not disclosed by the authorities. EFE​

Now I shall wait for a wall advocate to step up and explain how it will stop incidents like the above from happening.
:unsure:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Cleaned up thread a bit. Remember, no US politics.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
And we all know kidnappings do not occur in the 🇩🇴 right now.

px_black.gif

Kidnapped Dominican Republic Baby Freed By Captors
Police pressure said to be responsible.

SANTO DOMINGO -- A little Dominican girl, two years old, who had been kidnapped earlier this week in the northeastern city of San Francisco de Macoris, was freed Saturday "safe and sound" by her captors, the Dominican police announced.

The case, which had upset the Caribbean nation already shaken by a wave of insecurity and crime, had a happy ending when the child was discovered alone and crying just after midnight this morning at a fast-food restaurant in the northern city of Santiago, according to a police communique.

"The little girl was taken there by a woman, who after buying some products, abandoned her in the play area," the communique said.

According to the police, the kidnappers took the decision to free the girl due to the pressure from the officers, who had launched a wide-ranging search operation in the city of Santiago and others in the northern part of the country.

The authorities also said that several people are being investigated for the crime and said that those directly responsible for the abductin will be nabbed in the "next few hours."

Last week a Dominican businessman, who was also kidnapped in San Francisco de Macoris, was released after a ransom was paid of an amount not disclosed by the authorities. EFE​

Now I shall wait for a wall advocate to step up and explain how it will stop incidents like the above from happening.
I've never lived in a country or traveled to a country which was immune (quick jab to my vax folks) to kidnappings.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I just really enjoy how some people choose to use language.

Now let us review what the Foreign Minister had to say:

"Alvarez made it clear that the perimeter fence’s objective is to facilitate trade with Haiti, avoid irregular migration, stop the smuggling of all kinds, and guarantee peaceful coexistence between the two nations."

Alvarez is talking about protecting the Sovereignty of the Dominican Republic. Buy yourself a dictionary. Then come back & chat with the adults.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Alvarez is talking about protecting the Sovereignty of the Dominican Republic. Buy yourself a dictionary. Then come back & chat with the adults.
Buy yourself HookedonPhonics.
Improve your reading comprehension skills.
Read the new article again.
Then come back and point out where Foreign Minster said "sovereignty".
You can read into it whatever you like.
You can give your opinion of what he said.
But I quoted what he actually said.

"Alvarez made it clear that the perimeter fence’s objective is to facilitate trade with Haiti, avoid irregular migration, stop the smuggling of all kinds, and guarantee peaceful coexistence between the two nations."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well then I am glad you learned something from me today

I know the law.
But is it being enforced.
There are many laws.
Not all are enforced.

Yet another argument about a law not being enforced is OK to break.
And it is unless it is enforced. I
But, you really do not know anyway.
If they were illegal they were working for Dominicans.
That means Dominicans were benefiting.
Of course Dominicans benefit by employing Haitians at a lower rate than others will work for.
Finally a point of agreement ‼️

You brought up the point about irresponsible Haitian females having babies in 🇩🇴
If it has nothing to do with the subject at hand...
Why did you bring it up❓
One function of the wall is to prevent Haitian females from entering the DR to have babies. Others have already explained this point and perfectly relevant with regards to Haitian woman. (Your comment about what the men are up to is irrelevant to the problem the Haitian woman cause for the DR other than the fact that they caused the pregnancies. ) The DR is also building hospitals in Haiti so Haitian woman can have those babies in Haiti and that is also directly related to border control.

There has not been one article posted here about a enforcement action occurring based on these laws.
Post the article from a new source here in the Dominican Republic.
Not hearsay‼️

Not my system.
Contact a moderator if you feel I am not using the system properly.
Remember this is a discussion not a debate.
So, discuss...
I don't contact moderators. No need. Once again, I mentioned the law. If you want to find any examples of enforcement, feel free to use google. There are even new regulations about fining people that rent to illegals. I guess it isn't really a law if not enforced, eh? Of course the government is focusing a bit more on CV19 at the moment

The bottom line is that DRGOV is prepared to drop 100 sticks on this program.
Since that is not chump change 🤑
My thought is that it better work...
I case you do not understand
The topic is about the border protection system
Not the Haitians that are already in the country.
The Haitians that are in the country illegally are frequently deported and come back like a boomerang due to the porous border. The idea is that the new walls and hospitals will prevent much of that from happening in the future. It certainly applies to all Haitians that are not legally allowed in the DR who are already here. Ask a Dominican or two if you feel otherwise on this point.

Anyone want to discuss the 3 other parts that the finance minister spoke about❓
It shows DRGOV is not as narrow minded as some posters are here on DR1.
What points exactly?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Boy do you have that right. It can just be an act, can it? Being that clueless?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Yet another argument about a law not being enforced is OK to break.
And it is unless it is enforced.
A law is a law.
A law on the books that is not being actively enforced...I do not know what that is.
But that fact that a law is on the books does not mean is should be broken.
You always wish to put words into my mouth.
I am not advocating illegality.
Of course Dominicans benefit by employing Haitians at a lower rate than others will work for.
Another point of agreement.
One function of the wall is to prevent Haitian females from entering the DR to have babies. Others have already explained this point and perfectly relevant with regards to Haitian woman. (Your comment about what the men are up to is irrelevant to the problem the Haitian woman cause for the DR other than the fact that they caused the pregnancies. ) The DR is also building hospitals in Haiti so Haitian woman can have those babies in Haiti and that is also directly related to border control.
Your original point was that Haitian women to not practice birth control.
That was one of your reach around and fling comments.
You do not know how many of the women crossing the boarder to have their babies here are married.
So mentioning that Haitian women are having babies relevant.
Making assumptions about the morality of Haitian women like you did...
Not so much.
I don't contact moderators. No need. Once again, I mentioned the law. If you want to find any examples of enforcement, feel free to use google. There are even new regulations about fining people that rent to illegals. I guess it isn't really a law if not enforced, eh? Of course the government is focusing a bit more on CV19 at the moment.
You are the only person saying that it is ok to break a law that is not being enforced.
I have consistently stated that I do not advocate illegality in the country that I live in as a guest.
The Haitians that are in the country illegally are frequently deported and come back like a boomerang due to the porous border. The idea is that the new walls and hospitals will prevent much of that from happening in the future. It certainly applies to all Haitians that are not legally allowed in the DR who are already here. Ask a Dominican or two if you feel otherwise on this point.
I and others have made the point that if the human element of the border protection plan fails...💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
As you know very well, Haitians pay corrupt customs/immigration officials to come into the DR. So the fence/wall will stop no one. It might stop a few cows however.
Your serve 🎾 ‼️

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A law is a law.
A law on the books that is not being actively enforced...I do not know what that is.
But that fact that a law is on the books does not mean is should be broken.
You always wish to put words into my mouth.
I am not advocating illegality.

Another point of agreement.

That was one of your reach around and fling comments.
You do not know how many of the women crossing the boarder to have their babies here are married.
So mentioning that Haitian women are having babies relevant.
Making assumptions about the morality of Haitian women like you did...
Not so much.

I could care less about their morality. I am all about freedom of choice among consenting adults. But actions have consequences. You can have as many babies as you want and so can Haitian women. The fact they are having their babies in the DR and that consequence is a burden the DR wants to stop with the wall and the hospitals IN Haiti.
You are the only person saying that it is ok to break a law that is not being enforced.
I have consistently stated that I do not advocate illegality in the country that I live in as a guest.

I and others have made the point that if the human element of the border protection plan fails...💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

Your serve 🎾 ‼️
I have no idea how well the wall will work until it is built. I have no idea how well the 7,000 troops being sent to the border will do until the wall is being built. Obviously the DR government is putting a priority on this because Haiti has completely failed as a state and the DR has to protect itself.

I was clearly being facetious about breaking laws that are not enforced. I believe laws should be enforced. If you understood otherwise, then please understand I am all about the force of law. The current administration might even get around to enforcing more laws and they have promised to do that. If you have not noticed, CV19 is a major distraction to many parts of the world at the moment.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Their normal number of babies is 7, so yes, they don't practice birth control, but as mountainannie explained elsewhere, as infant mortality is rather high over there, they pop up babies with the hopes that one of them gets to reach adulthood and escape the country (and send remittances to the rest of the family). In the past it was done more to increase the number of hands to use in the cultivation of the subsistence plot, when agriculture there was still sufficient to meet their needs.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I could care less about their morality. I am all about freedom of choice among consenting adults. But actions have consequences. You can have as many babies as you want and so can Haitian women. The fact they are having their babies in the DR and that consequence is a burden the DR wants to stop with the wall and the hospitals IN Haiti.
I understand the interests of the DRGOV. I read the article that opened the thread.
I was clearly being facetious about breaking laws that are not enforced. I believe laws should be enforced.
As do I, otherwise why make them.
Point of agreement.

I learned how to read, speak, write in my own language before I learned another.
So, tell me why you think I need a dictionary to understand the statement of Foreign Minister Alvarez ❓

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Would it be possible to move this - and all the other threads on the Wall -etc - that pertain to Haiti - over to the Haiti forum? It is very difficult to scroll through the entire website to find all the news. Possible?
Not, sorry, the OP is a DR1 Headline News story, and therefore must remain in this forum.