Cabarete Bypass Starting?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am trying to see why nothing is being said by the Mayor of Cabarete. Then I realized he is PLD.
I do like Freddy, he seems to be doing a good job in Cab. He is out and about in the town every time I am there. He will definitely have the scoop

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
From what I am hearing this is the route the bypass will take. From the Perla Marina/ Sea Horse Ranch around the south of the lagoon and exit onto the Sabanets to Moca road near Pata de Gallina. They might take a more direct path, instead of all those curves, but this is likely the general area for the road to be built.

View attachment 4212
This is the El Choco road..

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
From what I am hearing this is the route the bypass will take. From the Perla Marina/ Sea Horse Ranch around the south of the lagoon and exit onto the Sabanets to Moca road near Pata de Gallina. They might take a more direct path, instead of all those curves, but this is likely the general area for the road to be built.

View attachment 4212
I use to take that trail rd. when I was young in my Yamaha Enduro 125 CC... There is another one that connect Sosua Abajo with Jamao Al Norte.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I do like Freddy, he seems to be doing a good job in Cab. He is out and about in the town every time I am there. He will definitely have the scoop
Not seeing any announcement yet from the mayor in Cabarete. Is work still underway? Been raining a bit.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Maybe the rumor isn't true, my neighbor spoke to one of the workers last week and he said they will be building high end villas. Many trees have been saved unlike most roadway site that usually get clearcut.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Next time you see him, could you ask him why they dug up the only two decent bits of sidewalk on the main street and have since left them for several months as a muddy mess?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe the rumor isn't true, my neighbor spoke to one of the workers last week and he said they will be building high end villas. Many trees have been saved unlike most roadway site that usually get clearcut.
Interesting. The bypass road was even mentioned by the President of the DR. But then again, this is the DR.

I did send an email to the Mayor's office. They told me that Freddy would say something this week about the bypass road.
I was also told by a man that runs a hotel in Cabarete that the workers on the bypass road were staying at his hotel and have now
rented a house to supervise the job.

So there is conflicting information.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Next time you see him, could you ask him why they dug up the only two decent bits of sidewalk on the main street and have since left them for several months as a muddy mess?
For a while they had signs there that said "work in progress". What a joke.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
you can ask him, I see him walking around Cab regularly. He seems to be an approachable guy.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Looking at the heavy equipment lined up on the starting grid ready for work, it looks like it will be a road to me.

tripp789

May 4, 2018
To do a bypass they would be using much bigger equipment , imo... . this looks more like just clearing land for some construction ..
They have a couple of Cat D8’s there. Those are capable of most anything

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Went past there today. It sure looks like the beginning of an off ramp to me. You can see a road now going back into the woods in a southeast direction angling off the highway at about a 20 degree angle.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
WOW . When he was running his pictures were posted on billboards all over the highway for 8 months. A handsome lad.
Very nice guy as well. Grew up on the streets of Cabarete. Probably a shoe shine kid at one time. Very personable.

Reactions: jd426

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I asked city hall again to respond, they told me they would respond last week, but no response yet.

Anyone see any work being done?

1615929822853.png

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Went past the site today. There was a lot of equipment parked out front near the road, but i didn't see any work in progress.