Entry and departure forms to be digital as of 1 April 2021

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Pasajeros-Aeropuerto-Listin-Diario-e1599656428340.jpeg

The Civil Aviation Board (JAC) announces that as of Thursday, 1 April 2021 travelers will be required to fill out online forms for entry and departure to and from the Dominican Republic. The authorities are consolidating a single form for migration, customs and public health requirements. The JAC decided to implement the digital format during the work session held on 10 March 2021.

The form is to be available on Migration digital form

It is available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and German.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
This is the second time I've tried to fill out this form. There is always one item, this time date of birth, that won't work. I am using Chrome. Anyone have a work around. And can you prepare it ahead of time (before making flight plans) and then retrieve it using the code given? TIA

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This is the second time I've tried to fill out this form. There is always one item, this time date of birth, that won't work. I am using Chrome. Anyone have a work around. And can you prepare it ahead of time (before making flight plans) and then retrieve it using the code given? TIA
You prepare it ahead of time and save it to your phone as a .PDF file.

Reactions: RG84

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I just filled one out to leave. Used Spanish and had no problems. I use Firefox. And you can retrieve it with the code and the question answered sometimes also.

Reactions: Drro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Try clearing out your cookies and cleaning up your browser.

Reactions: Drro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I did it today.... for my wife's return - in Spanish w/o problems

Now the health question... 72 hrs / symptoms .... I am early.....we'll see

Smooth - it was

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
As a person that flies back and forth every month of the year, and have done so for the past 13 months during the pandemic i find this news ( again) to be in the Twillight Zone. Or, at the very least A special
Show “ Strange and Usual happening in a third World Country”.
Why? In nineteen years of round trips I can’t count how many times I
Have assisted mostly elderly people in filling out the current paperwork.
Its not very hard if you can read. But they can’t.
Now we are going digital. For the second attempt,BTW as the Dominican lords be of technology can’t get the programming right. AH! Got it said the nerd geek. AND two weeks ahead of schedule.

Seriously folks. Why can’t I wrap my arms around a regulation that has half of the plane, minimum, saying “WtF “ I didn’t get my preschool diploma and you want me to do what? 😭

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
As a person that flies back and forth every month of the year, and have done so for the past 13 months during the pandemic i find this news ( again) to be in the Twillight Zone. Or, at the very least A special
Show “ Strange and Usual happening in a third World Country”.
Why? In nineteen years of round trips I can’t count how many times I
Have assisted mostly elderly people in filling out the current paperwork.
Its not very hard if you can read. But they can’t.
Now we are going digital. For the second attempt,BTW as the Dominican lords be of technology can’t get the programming right. AH! Got it said the nerd geek. AND two weeks ahead of schedule.

Seriously folks. Why can’t I wrap my arms around a regulation that has half of the plane, minimum, saying “WtF “ I didn’t get my preschool diploma and you want me to do what? 😭

Johne, I don't fly near as much as you, but I've noticed the same thing. It even takes forever to load the plane because some don't understand the assigned seat concept and others like to walk back and forth in the aisle during loading.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Johne, I don't fly near as much as you, but I've noticed the same thing. It even takes forever to load the plane because some don't understand the assigned seat concept and others like to walk back and forth in the aisle during loading.
Every single time! The poor souls don’t know the difference of row 4 from row 24. It’s not their fault. The next generation looks like with this school lockdown going to be the same
I see what’s going back with the kids in Los Conucos every day. The ones that should be in school which is 6 year old are on the ball field.
Seven year olds can’t read!
Back to
The to the subject thread. It is INSANE! It takes at least
A half hour to board the passengers in wheel chairs. They bring them up to the door of the plane. I see them
Struggling to find where they are suppose to go. Is this a candidate for an e ticket??
So, what will happen? Easy answer. It’s not going to work unless there is an alternative method. Plain and simple. What will the authorities do....shoot them on the spot? Put the whip to them? Fine then?

Maybe the person we should ask is the lady rep that is a liaison at POP
(?)

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I had the same problem with the inability to put in my birth date; all else went smoothly, but I was doing it in English if that matters. I wanted to fill it out ahead of time, I have not decided when I'm returning yet. Hopefully by the time I do, these glitches will be ironed out.

Clandestino

Feb 19, 2013
I recall it has been mentioned there are no problems when doing in Espanol? Have filled it out both ways and only Espanol worked as of 1.5 weeks ago. If one is unable to figure out the questions and answers in Espanol, go through it in English, take screen shots, save the screenshots and then try it in Espanol and most will make it through.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
While this doesn't directly apply, I've noticed that on aa.com (for American Airlines), the English version doesn't work with dates. I needed to put it in Spanish for it to work. It sounds like a SW issue to me.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is already established that Spanish works and English is a crap shoot. Just use Spanish. If you don't comprehend use Google translate. Not that tough to do.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I use Opera browser on my computer, save the codes and then use WhatsApp for P/C to send the QR codes to my 2nd WhatsApp number.

Four times and no problems.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I use Opera browser on my computer, save the codes and then use WhatsApp for P/C to send the QR codes to my 2nd WhatsApp number.

Four times and no problems.
Try telling that to about 50% of the people flying into SDQ that don’t understand A-Z or reading above 4 th grade level.
If there was a way to make this a part of the ticket! then we are on to something

Reactions: CristoRey and SKY

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Try telling that to about 50% of the people flying into SDQ that don’t understand A-Z or reading above 4 th grade level.
If there was a way to make this a part of the ticket! then we are on to something
Hey, everybody flying into SDQ that don’t understand A-Z or reading above 4 th grade level, who most likely do not use DR1 either.

The point was/is, there is no problem with the web site using a computer.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What about the people that have no computer? And the people that cannot read or write.? And the people that have no knowledge of computers and smart phones?

They cannot and while not deny people the right to fly here because of it, regardless what they say. And tourists coming from all over the world are supposed to know about this and waste their time trying to comply. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN...............

If you have it great, don't have it fill out the forms.....................

Reactions: CristoRey