Is it just me or are you nervous about taking the chinese vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The J&J vaccine will not be available in sufficient quantities to be shipped to most countries for quite some time. Probably avail only in North America first. This one might be a good one if it turns out that a booster is needed each year or to reinforce what people have already received months down the road. Wondering how well it protects against the variants or if new vaccines will need to be developed for these. I'd be surprised if the DR gets any J&J anytime soon. Looks like full speed ahead here with the Sinovac and whatever the WHO is peddling these days.

Provided there are no negative health effects, I still believe some protection is better than none even if the vaccine received isn't perfect. Practicality dictates that you have to receive what is available at the time or choose to not be vaccinated at all. I don't recall anyone saying they had a choice as to which vaccine they received here in the DR. Roll up your sleeve and get jabbed has been the only option. Seems the Govt here has been using the AZ vaccine at exclusive clinics for healthcare workers, teachers, military and the police. The general population has been given Sinovac. Things can and could change but for now no choice offered here unless you specifically seek out a clinic that has a particular vaccine supply and no other - not an easy task.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The J&J vaccine will not be available in sufficient quantities to be shipped to most countries for quite some time. Probably avail only in North America first. This one might be a good one if it turns out that a booster is needed each year or to reinforce what people have already received months down the road. Wondering how well it protects against the variants or if new vaccines will need to be developed for these. I'd be surprised if the DR gets any J&J anytime soon. Looks like full speed ahead here with the Sinovac and whatever the WHO is peddling these days.

Provided there are no negative health effects, I still believe some protection is better than none even if the vaccine received isn't perfect. Practicality dictates that you have to receive what is available at the time or choose to not be vaccinated at all. I don't recall anyone saying they had a choice as to which vaccine they received here in the DR. Roll up your sleeve and get jabbed has been the only option. Seems the Govt here has been using the AZ vaccine at exclusive clinics for healthcare workers, teachers, military and the police. The general population has been given Sinovac. Things can and could change but for now no choice offered here unless you specifically seek out a clinic that has a particular vaccine supply and no other - not an easy task.
True. The only choice here at this point is to get the vaccine - yes or no.

I am sticking to No at this point for various reasons, and don't forget 99%+ survive even if one does get infected.

I'm not planning on flying anytime soon, but I'm sure I'll need to get a vaccine if that changes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Don't take this as a criticism -- but --

I don't understand why, at this point in the pandemic, ANYBODY would vacillate about doing something proactive.
ANYTHING!!!!
Just do something other than sit on your hands and deliberate

Being proactive more than distancing, masking, hand cleaning...... take a stronger position!!!

For your sake, your friends' sake.... everybody's

Nuff said............

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
As a teacher / school director I received my first dose this week. No bad reactions. Was not nervous.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Has there been any report of a serious after effect from the Sinovac vaccine shots here? I have heard nothing, and when I got my first one absolutely no after effect at all. Get the second one Tuesday, so I will see what happens then. I expect nada.....................

• Love
Reactions: Russell and Carl.L

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Has there been any report of a serious after effect from the Sinovac vaccine shots here? I have heard nothing, and when I got my first one absolutely no after effect at all. Get the second one Tuesday, so I will see what happens then. I expect nada.....................
I had a bit of tenderness at injection area for two or three days, same as our maid but my wife and MIL had no reactions at all. Second shot next Thursday.

Jan 9, 2004
This just proves my point. Digging all over the internet one comes up. Millions have taken these vaccines. Anyone that passed math in school can figure that out for themselves......................
"And have not heard of serious illness either"................ And now you have.

It is not necessarily about math per se.............but it is about statistical probabilities.

Give it time, people are still being vaccinated............with 50% efficacy for Sinovac..............sadly, the odds favor more deaths from/relating to Covid even after vaccination.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: thompstr

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Hold on, Let me check.. . Nope, nothing about Brazil in the title of the thread. Perhaps some of you are confusing this thread with
this one:

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Read slowly: Are you nervious? Yes or No?

I moved all the other vaccine posts to the appropriate thread.

Now tell us if you're nervous or not.

Jan 9, 2004
Last edited by a moderator:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is my understanding that if there is going to be any adverse side effects from the Sinovac vaccine, they will most likely occur after the 2nd dose. I believe that the benefits of getting the 2nd shot outweigh the possibility of side effects, at least based on what I have read to date. I'm not aware of any issues in this country but I continue to check for those reports daily. If someone has an issue first hand I assume they will mention it. The date for their second dose is coming up for many who got their initial jab early in March. So some first hand experiences with the booster shot should begin to appear soon. Until there are reports of problems, there appears to be little justification for hesitancy.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is my understanding that if there is going to be any adverse side effects from the Sinovac vaccine, they will most likely occur after the 2nd dose. I believe that the benefits of getting the 2nd shot outweigh the possibility of side effects, at least based on what I have read to date. I'm not aware of any issues in this country but I continue to check for those reports daily. If someone has an issue first hand I assume they will mention it. The date for their second dose is coming up for many who got their initial jab early in March. So some first hand experiences with the booster shot should begin to appear soon. Until there are reports of problems, there appears to be little justification for hesitancy.
None of the side effects are long term.

Reactions: Russell
Jan 9, 2004
None of the side effects are long term.
Way too early to determine that.......................way too early.

I have not seen one peer review study of any of the Chinese vaccines...............which is why it is not accepted for use in so many countries. Poorer countries are just desperate.................and desperation often times leads to desperate measures....................and in turn unintended consequences.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.