Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Reactions: Russell

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I know someone who claims to have had a headache, some chest discomfort and a bit of breathing discomfort, probably related to the chest discomfort and insomnia, probably related to all three. The symptoms appeared at night night on the day of their 2nd injection. The symptoms went away later the next day. That is the only first hand account I have heard of and I have seen nothing reported by the Govt or Health officials relating to vaccine side effects for the general population in this country.
Thanks CDN Gringo. This is the type of first hand reports we need. I would not count on Govt or health officials reports. So far over a million person vaccinate and no mass negative reports.........looks good. Form experience here thing are not always as they seem but so far looks good.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks CDN Gringo. This is the type of first hand reports we need. I would not count on Govt or health officials reports. So far over a million person vaccinate and no mass negative reports.........looks good. Form experience here thing are not always as they seem but so far looks good.
Of our 40 employees that got shots , one complained of a heavy arm for several days , and two had left temporal headache overnight. The rest said they had no side effects.

Reactions: Russell

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I got my second shot yesterday in Los Brazos. In and out in about 10 minutes. No need to wait after the second shot. I have had zero side effects - none. The doc said none of the people he has give the shot to have reported any side effects. He told me to save the card as proof of vaccination.

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
I haven't received a shot. I attended Centro Medico in Punta Cana on Monday. At that time, they told me they could only give out second shots. They stated that they did not know when or where first shots could be given out. Is there any place in the Punta Cana area that is giving out first shots?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Punta Cana airport Terminal B has stated that they are taking people over 68 with a Cedula, be it Resident of Citizen. But no mention of first or second shots. I would go there if I were you as long as you have a Cedula and are over 68.

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana airport Terminal B has stated that they are taking people over 68 with a Cedula, be it Resident of Citizen. But no mention of first or second shots. I would go there if I were you as long as you have a Cedula and are over 68.
I went. They only had 14 people come in today from 8 - 2 pm. They are only giving out second shots!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sinovac Efficacy
That doesn't matter much to me at this point.

They seem to be working on it... I am expecting a booster shot at some point

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AZ Vaccine

This is like a ping pong game - the AZ vaccine..... on/off around the world like a light bulb.

Do you suppose many people questioned the polio vaccine ??
The only vaccine in history to eradicate a disease (they tell me)

I still maintain.... anything is better than nothing
I understand some/many won't agree.....

Jan 9, 2004
AZ Vaccine

This is like a ping pong game - the AZ vaccine..... on/off around the world like a light bulb.

Do you suppose many people questioned the polio vaccine ??
The only vaccine in history to eradicate a disease (they tell me)

I still maintain.... anything is better than nothing

I understand some/many won't agree.....
Other than the biggest vaccine disaster in modern medical history.........which involved polio?

Polio was eradicated alright.............after the vaccine actually gave polio to 40,000 children and killed 16;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

There are no long term studies yet available on any of the vaccines and the reports are mounting regarding both the low efficacy and, in some cases deadly, side effects......

And I still maintain, we do not know enough about any of the vaccines, especially the Chinese/Russian varieties, to make informed decisions in conjunction with one's own physician.

But if it gives people a false sense of security.............it does provide some benefit.....................so roll up those sleeves.............because the best vaccine you can get.........is the one you can get lol................and you will likely be vaccinated again..........as new strains and the protective bubble you think you are in............wears off.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Everything medical has some risk when you do something that causes your body to produce an active reaction. The odds of suffering serious complications from CV19 these days seem much higher than suffering a reaction to any one particular vaccine. Small comfort for those who react badly I know but one of life's choices. Roll the dice and gamble on catching CV19 and what effect that will have on you in the short and long term or gamble on getting some protection from a vaccine and being among a small number of people that may react badly to the vaccine itself. If you have a choice, the best vaccine is the one given to the most diverse set of people without producing a lot of serious complications. But a choice is not always available to people, so the advice remains get the vaccine you can get or if you choose, get nothing at all and hope for the best for yourself while becoming a member of the potential spreader group. Patients being admitted to hospitals up north are getting younger and younger and the disease severity caused by these variants seems to be increasing across the board. From the reports I have seen from people who have caught CV19 and sort of recovered on their own, this was much worse than a common cold or flu that they had to persevere through. It was a most unpleasant and concerning experience, some still suffering from long term after effects of being sick.

Yet, whatever can get us to herd immunity the fastest is what will give us our daily routine back and then we can remember that CV19 is around but not obsess over it as those with comorbidities do now.

Reactions: thompstr

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Efficacy is a very poor standard to compare the vaccines. So far, all of the vaccines have been 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
......so the advice remains get the vaccine you can get or if you choose, get nothing at all and hope for the best for yourself while becoming a member of the potential spreader group.....
Efficacy is a very poor standard to compare the vaccines. So far, all of the vaccines have been 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death.
1) Vaccination does not prevent you from being a potential spreader, it potentially lessens the effects should you become infected.

2) Please read: https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...vid-19-contract-virus-coronavirus/7101678002/

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This is a pretty big deal. On the order of fifty percent effective is reported.

Still way better than being un vaccinated.
I have a natural hesitancy of products coming from a closed society.

Interesting that around the world countries that were quickly successes at vaccine case reduction have now almost all had a resurgence of case numbers.

Shows how resilient this virus can be and how we need to vaccinate our way out and quickly before there are more mutations.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
1) Vaccination does not prevent you from being a potential spreader, it potentially lessens the effects should you become infected.

2) Please read: https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...vid-19-contract-virus-coronavirus/7101678002/
My point has always been couched in the reality that the vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing infections. Infected people can and do pass the virus on to others. For me, it's all about lowering the risk of getting a serious illness requiring hospitalization for myself and my loved one's that I come in contact with the most. The rest of the time I try very hard to stay away from other people whenever possible.

From your link: "Odds are far better for fully vaccinated people than for people who opt out..."
Which I think is the primary point for choosing to be vaccinated. Even if that means getting a vaccine that doesn't have the highest efficacy rate. It's not like they are handing you a vaccine menu to choose from when you go to a clinic in this country, or most countries for that matter. You get what they have on that day at that time. Getting something should be several degrees better than getting nothing in my estimation.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Other than the biggest vaccine disaster in modern medical history.........which involved polio?

Polio was eradicated alright.............after the vaccine actually gave polio to 40,000 children and killed 16;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

There are no long term studies yet available on any of the vaccines and the reports are mounting regarding both the low efficacy and, in some cases deadly, side effects......

And I still maintain, we do not know enough about any of the vaccines, especially the Chinese/Russian varieties, to make informed decisions in conjunction with one's own physician.

But if it gives people a false sense of security.............it does provide some benefit.....................so roll up those sleeves.............because the best vaccine you can get.........is the one you can get lol................and you will likely be vaccinated again..........as new strains and the protective bubble you think you are in............wears off.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The Soviet Produced Polio vaccines were 100% effective with no deaths or active infections.
They were based on the American developer’s own formula but with a different approach to the medium.

The western developed nations opted for the US manufactured shots, based on geopolitics.
Much like today with Sputnik V, the safest shot after millions meted out.

Politics at its worst face.
In the DR we received the Russian shots at the time, nobody complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.