No westjet flights for another month extension

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Flying here is not up to those Canadian airlines. The Canadian government isn't allowing flights to the DR and other caribbean countries until May 1 and that date will definitely be extended. I'm guessing no flights here till late fall.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Flying here is not up to those Canadian airlines. The Canadian government isn't allowing flights to the DR and other caribbean countries until May 1 and that date will definitely be extended. I'm guessing no flights here till late fall.
Im agree with you, I would say with lucky till late fall. Lets see how keep going the vaccinations here, that will make they change and how we can keep controlling the covid.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
CALGARY - WestJet says it will extend its temporary suspension of international sun flights to destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean until June 4.

"Canadian airlines in January suspended all flights to sun destinations until April 30 at the request of the federal government.

Sims says WestJet continues to advocate for the replacement of mandatory hotel quarantines with a testing regime that is equitable and consistent with global standards at all points of entry into Canada."

We can only hope that flights start up in June again and that covid hotel quarantines will be cancelled.
All this can only happen if enough vaccines are received and administered.

While US air travel is re-bounding, Canadian air travel is still way down.
I guess can.gov subsidies keep the airlines from collapsing.

The cabinet meeting comes as Ontario reported a record 4,736 new cases of COVID-19 today and 29 more deaths linked to the virus.

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association said a curfew would not help the public health crisis, and urged the government not to go down that road.

Quebec is reporting 1,513 new infections and 15 additional deaths Thursday linked to the third wave of COVID-19.
The case count has reached 332,544, one of the highest tallies in Canada. Recoveries, meanwhile, have topped 307,000.

The pandemic has led to the deaths of 10,778 Quebecers over the past 13 months. The province accounts for nearly half of Canada’s fatalities related to the novel coronavirus.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The cancellations seem to a 'month to month' thing until we see our way clear to opening travel portals...

I'm waiting for the border/bridges to open
My wife has a car stranded there - Canada

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Trudeau should just give all the airlines a big bailout and then do what the Gov did years ago with the auto bailout....forgive the debt...after all its not his money it is just a number

• Haha
Reactions: Yo No

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Looks like recent polling shows that restrictions for all travel is still popular, regardless of whether travelers are vaccinated or not. In this case, popularity is more important than science.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We were hoping to go back to Canada in May. Selling our properties here has us looking at early June. Whether the Canadian government gets it's head out of it's ass by then is anyone's guess.

Our worst case is to fly thru the US, get an Uber to the boarder and have one of our kids pick us up. We have access to a vintage limo and the partician between the front and the back stiĺl works so our car ride home meets the quarantine rules.