Punta Cana flight to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
A recent statistic showed that over 5,000 people arrived on International flights at Toronto airport in 1 day. Including flights from New Delhi, Ethiopia, Charlotte AND PUNTA CANA. I'm sure that some of these passengers are Canadians. Are we to believe that all of these passengers are being held in a Covid Hotel (prison) for 3 days at a cost to the passenger of up to $3000 CAD ? Or is it only Canadians who are being subjected to this ?

They must have a LOT of hotels rooms designated for this Covid Hotel (prison) stay ;)

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There are several exemptions to Trudeau's rule, plus you have a lot of people refusing the quarantine for safety and health reasons. But to get back to your question most of that number would be expected to take the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine.

The cost is up to $2000 per person and most can do it for under a 1000. The $3000 number is the fine if they decide to charge you under the quarantine act.

Hopefully this stupidity will end April 30 but don't hold your breath.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There is nothing about this on any of the Canadian news feeds. How current was the information you had?

Reactions: Yo No

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
There is nothing about this on any of the Canadian news feeds. How current was the information you had?
This from Pearson Airport website today

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
There are several exemptions to Trudeau's rule, plus you have a lot of people refusing the quarantine for safety and health reasons. But to get back to your question most of that number would be expected to take the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine.

The cost is up to $2000 per person and most can do it for under a 1000. The $3000 number is the fine if they decide to charge you under the quarantine act.

Hopefully this stupidity will end April 30 but don't hold your breath.
Stupidly? Did you see what happening now? Should of shut her right down zero flights for at least a month...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Here are the arriving flights in Toronto today. You can see how many are International.

How did you get the number of passengers arriving from these pages ?

If they didn't close the borders, I would have assumed there were international flights.

Just curious :unsure:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

If they didn't close the borders, I would have assumed there were international flights.

Just curious :unsure:

Only the Canada-Caribbean- Mexican flights were voluntarily shut down by the airlines not the government. All international flights continued in and out of Canada, even flights to and from Brazil with extra precautions.

SunWing intended to fly vacation package customers from Montreal to the DR on American Airline flights via Canada-US-DR. They were supposed to start the first week of May. They are cancelled. Late June is now the target date to restart DR flights. Same for West jet and Air Canada. No word from Air Transat yet.

The government reason to stop these flights was the prevention of new infections and the spread of variants in Canada. It’s a farce. The variants were already in Canada and infection rates were skyrocketing when the Covid concentration camp restrictions were implemented.

We are now doing worse that the US on a per captia infection basis. A lot worse on a vaccination basis. The Ontario hospital system is on the verge of collapse. Military field hospitals are being set up alongside hospitals to handle patient overflow. Military medically trained staff and medical staff from other provinces are volunteering to assist burnt out ER medical staff in Ontario. Ontario just lowered the age for AstraZeneca vaccine shots to age 18 plus.

I’ve warned my Canadian DR friends to stay in the DR. It’s safer than Canada. The variants have spread across Canada and children are now infected and dying with the variants. Pregnant mothers are contracting the variants and are having a very difficult time fighting the infection.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Stupidly? Did you see what happening now? Should of shut her right down zero flights for at least a month...
Yes I believe what the Canadian government is doing is absolutely stupid. Prior to closing sun destinations and redirecting international flights to only 4 airports only .05% of the positive tests came from international flights.

Last week they updated this number to .046% of positive cases is from international flights. All they did was punish travellers (who have done nothing illegal) and squeezed this miniscule amount into 4 locations instead of all international airports in Canada.

So again the shortsightedness and stupidly of the Canadian government rules again. Even though it's a small number of positive cases they have dumped them into the city's that have the biggest problems with covid.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Yes I believe what the Canadian government is doing is absolutely stupid. Prior to closing sun destinations and redirecting international flights to only 4 airports only .05% of the positive tests came from international flights.

Last week they updated this number to .046% of positive cases is from international flights. All they did was punish travellers (who have done nothing illegal) and squeezed this miniscule amount into 4 locations instead of all international airports in Canada.

So again the shortsightedness and stupidly of the Canadian government rules again. Even though it's a small number of positive cases they have dumped them into the city's that have the biggest problems with covid.
All Federal and Provincial leaders in Canada have been playing politics with the scientific advice they receive. The leaders of Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta are particularly guilty. These are the main provinces that feed the Canadian DR tourism trade. I highly doubt the Covid concentration camp restriction will be removed on April 30th. Expect it to stay in place till late summer/early fall. Especially if a third shot is required to ensure some degree of herd immunity.

A new federal budget will be released today and it will require a confidence vote. Many are hoping it ends the current government’s reign. Several people were ticketed for refusing to stay in the Covid concentration camps. Their cases are in court this week. One person received two tickets. Almost $2000 for not booking a reservation at one of the camps and almost $4000 for refusing to stay in a free government designated camp. Apparently, if you can’t afford it, you can now stay in a government designated camp for free.

Reactions: melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This from Pearson Airport website today
I believe that was posted on their site in February. There have been no direct flights from sun destinations since around March 1. Some US carriers may have originated here and went on to Canada but nothing direct from Canadian carriers.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Only the Canada-Caribbean- Mexican flights were voluntarily shut down by the airlines not the government. All international flights continued in and out of Canada, even flights to and from Brazil with extra precautions.

SunWing intended to fly vacation package customers from Montreal to the DR on American Airline flights via Canada-US-DR. They were supposed to start the first week of May. They are cancelled. Late June is now the target date to restart DR flights. Same for West jet and Air Canada. No word from Air Transat yet.

The government reason to stop these flights was the prevention of new infections and the spread of variants in Canada. It’s a farce. The variants were already in Canada and infection rates were skyrocketing when the Covid concentration camp restrictions were implemented.

We are now doing worse that the US on a per captia infection basis. A lot worse on a vaccination basis. The Ontario hospital system is on the verge of collapse. Military field hospitals are being set up alongside hospitals to handle patient overflow. Military medically trained staff and medical staff from other provinces are volunteering to assist burnt out ER medical staff in Ontario. Ontario just lowered the age for AstraZeneca vaccine shots to age 18 plus.

I’ve warned my Canadian DR friends to stay in the DR. It’s safer than Canada. The variants have spread across Canada and children are now infected and dying with the variants. Pregnant mothers are contracting the variants and are having a very difficult time fighting the infection.
Correction. AstraZeneca vaccine shot she has been lowered to age 40 plus in Ontario. Not 18 plus.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I believe that was posted on their site in February. There have been no direct flights from sun destinations since around March 1. Some US carriers may have originated here and went on to Canada but nothing direct from Canadian carriers.
Correct. That’s an old announcement. Extra flights were laid on to get those Canadians in the DR and Mexico that wanted to return prior to the Covid concentration camp implementation February past. Many Canadian sun seekers and snowbirds went to and from the DR and Mexico via the US after that.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I did read it somewhere - but can't find it now. But if you check the # of International flights landing yesterday ( Apr 18 ) from this link you will see there are about 30. And using an average of +150 passengers per flight ( I don't know how accurate this might be ) that is +4500 passengers.

I referenced the earlier Punta Cana flight as I was hoping some DR1 readers either were on that flight, or know of friends or family that were. And were they all coerced/ordered into the Covid Hotel (prison) ?

Just using that one flight as an example ( and to keep the thread DR related :))

Doesn't seem to be possible.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
A recent statistic showed that over 5,000 people arrived on International flights at Toronto airport in 1 day. Including flights from New Delhi, Ethiopia, Charlotte AND PUNTA CANA. I'm sure that some of these passengers are Canadians. Are we to believe that all of these passengers are being held in a Covid Hotel (prison) for 3 days at a cost to the passenger of up to $3000 CAD ? Or is it only Canadians who are being subjected to this ?

They must have a LOT of hotels rooms designated for this Covid Hotel (prison) stay ;)
Not sure where you got your information from . yes there are international flights , but NO FLIGHTS TO CARRIBEAN. ALL AIRLINES HAVE SUSPENDED FLIGHTS TO CARRIBEAN ISLANDS UNTIL AT LEAST JUNE, FOR NOW.
Reminds me of the friend that they saw/heard the information froma youtube video .

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
As of Saturday only 2.3% of Canadians have recieved the covid vaccine. Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba are on a lockdown.
This from a friend outside of London, Ont. A varient seems to be running amuck there.
CBC.ca for info.

Reactions: thompstr

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013

Not sure where you got your information from . yes there are international flights , but NO FLIGHTS TO CARRIBEAN. ALL AIRLINES HAVE SUSPENDED FLIGHTS TO CARRIBEAN ISLANDS UNTIL AT LEAST JUNE, FOR NOW.

I am not referring to flights to CARIBBEAN. I am referring to International flights arriving in Canada. For example - today there have been flights arriving this morning from

Guangzhou (CAN) China Southern Airlines
Westchester County (HPN)
Chicago (MDW) NetJets Aviation
Bedford/Hanscom (BED)
Delhi (DEL) Air India
Sao Paulo (GRU) Air Canada
Seoul (ICN) Korean Air
Detroit (DTW) Delta Air Lines
Detroit
(DTW) Westjet
Charlotte (CLT) American Airlines

You think all these passengers are now guests at the Covid Hotels ?

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
I am not referring to flights to CARIBBEAN. I am referring to International flights arriving in Canada. For example - today there have been flights arriving this morning from

Guangzhou (CAN) China Southern Airlines
Westchester County (HPN)
Chicago (MDW) NetJets Aviation
Bedford/Hanscom (BED)
Delhi (DEL) Air India
Sao Paulo (GRU) Air Canada
Seoul (ICN) Korean Air
Detroit (DTW) Delta Air Lines
Detroit
(DTW) Westjet
Charlotte (CLT) American Airlines

You think all these passengers are now guests at the Covid Hotels ?
Yes, they are required to go to a hotel for quarantine.
2% might refuse and take their chances fighting the charge.

Reactions: Yo No and Lou2100
Status
Not open for further replies.