Prepay long overstay?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Oh well if a moderator posted it then it has to be 100% accurate. Guess I won't even try going back after my overstay history. Thanks for saving me the time William......See you soon on the north coast.
These stories are never complete, if there is any truth at all to them. If someone is denied entry it is NEVER for solely overstaying the tourist Visa and paying the fee, there is always more to it..................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just so people are aware -
this is from another site.... a moderator's post on April 18, 2021
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been warning about this for some time! This is from someone I know and trust and happened THIS WEEKEND. This is not rumor or speculation:

I came back to the states for my vac and when I went to the airport yesterday morning I wasn’t allowed to return. Everything I have is there - dogs, mom. They said I have to go to the embassy and get my residency before I return. Could be 12 weeks. Americans do this all the time and they’ve never had a problem.

WE KNEW THEY WERE CRACKING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The story is true. I personally communicated with this very woman. She has zero reason to make this up. She was denied boarding in Florida because of a previous overstay in the DR. She had a family named Brugal intervene on her behalf.

To follow up: With help from the Brugals, she was able to get back into the DR.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The story is true. I personally communicated with this very woman. She has zero reason to make this up. She was denied boarding in Florida because of a previous overstay in the DR. She had a family named Brugal intervene on her behalf.

To follow up: With help from the Brugals, she was able to get back into the DR.
I would need proof to believe that it was ONLY for an overstay. How come no one on this board that overstayed ever had anything close to this problem?

People don't like to admit that they had a record or did something wrong.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would need proof to believe that it was ONLY for an overstay. How come no one on this board that overstayed ever had anything close to this problem?

Maybe some day the laws will be followed. Nobody knows if and when that will happen.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A lot of people come here from "Police States" where rules and laws are enforced no matter how trivial. They move to the DR and expect the same. Fortunately it is not so.....................

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You would think someone who had connections like the Brugals would use this connect to have a long term visa, lol.

What's next, la sobrina of the Director of Immigration was denied boarding ?:p

Reactions: Garyexpat

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
does your friend live in Boca Chica, sounds like about a half dozen expats I know here

sounds like some more-ons I know in Boca Chica, he better be ready to pay the max fine which I believe is 70,000 pesos
No. He is in Santiago. Very quiet, drives only during the day. He is now about 75 years old.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can connect you with a Nigerian voodoo priest who could make it happen MUCH faster than you pray for.

Not cheap, but worth it.

:devilish:
I don't pray for anything. I am an atheist. The suggestion that I pray is offensive.

Just kidding.

Nothing will ever change. Everyone can overstay forever and ever, and that is a very long time.

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

SKY-

This program is just starting -
I have experienced the new data base in the country .....
Trust me - It works !!

I had a clean, spotless Buena Conducta until the new system arrived
Traffic fine from 2013 popped up - heretofore, invisible.

We'll see how they roll out the DGM data base.... and its effect on visitors/overstayers
My money is on the system

This is a true story - overstay only.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Since your money is on the system let's test it. Garyexpat is coming down off of many overstays. If he gets in I win, he does not you win. Bet pays dinner for 6 with wine at Bliss. How about it? $500 US Max.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tricky , tricky

Hit & Miss the system might be - a la RD

Here's a better bet
Who will step up and admit to being barred.... like our example here

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Tricky , tricky

Hit & Miss the system might be - a la RD

Here's a better bet
Who will step up and admit to being barred.... like our example here
I got the answer I expected. Thanks anyway. Keep praying....................Where I come from money talks and XXXX walks..............LOL

Reactions: Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Only an idiot would bet on the actions of the gov't here.......

I'm not one !!
In my opinion the idiot would be the person that believes the Gov't here will give up millions of dollars in fines and stop tourists from coming here to spend more money. Just my opinion, with 20 years running of a system here......................

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Since your money is on the system let's test it. Garyexpat is coming down off of many overstays. If he gets in I win, he does not you win. Bet pays dinner for 6 with wine at Bliss. How about it? $500 US Max.
can I get in on some of that action? I love Bliss. I will even give 5 to 1 odds. I love a "lock" bet

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The "current" information is that for the last 20 years the system of staying as long as you want and paying a fee on exit has been in place. And there is no credible information that this will change...............