Prepay long overstay?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well.....

The new extension capability..... ... not 20 yrs old
The new e-ticket tracking..... same

We are seeing changes here GrassHopper.....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well.....

The new extension capability..... ... not 20 yrs old
The new e-ticket tracking..... same

We are seeing changes here GrassHopper.....
You can still get 5-1 on Garyexpat arriving or not.........................

Reactions: Big

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Pay the overstay on exit and deal with the next step as it comes. If you want to do it all legit by the book, next entry come via a visa…
Pichardo,
Would an American airline upon boarding, have DR government information about a previous overstay and deny boarding?
Or would a possible denial be dealt with upon arrival in the DR, by DR authorities, which would be more logical.

I doubt many social media stories, for various reasons.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
In my opinion the idiot would be the person that believes the Gov't here will give up millions of dollars in fines and stop tourists from coming here to spend more money. Just my opinion, with 20 years running of a system here......................
Aside from the fact that the DR desperately needs tourism revenues, wether AI arrivals or longer term expat stays often by ex-pats with properties and families in the DR.
People who still have to work offshore to provide for their DR life and families, may it be 6 months or less.
Abinader is intelligent enough to realize that US,CAN, and EU tourists present no danger to the DR and provide many sources of DR income.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Pichardo,
Would an American airline upon boarding, have DR government information about a previous overstay and deny boarding?
Or would a possible denial be dealt with upon arrival in the DR, by DR authorities, which would be more logical.

On arrival only, unless put on a red notice no-entry code by criminal reasons (deported, etc…)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Call Windy..... he talked to her.... Confirmed.....

Post #22

I understand this is an unpopular topic with many
So if she told Windy the same thing she posted online that is "confirmation"??????????????????????

By the way was she denied boarding at the place of embarkation? Or was she denied entry at the DR airport?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
SKY -- you're not reading the posts.....

Tut, tut..... read and ye shall learn....... right in front of your eyeballs.....

Just looking for a fight.....

Carry on...... I'm out....

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
On arrival only, unless put on a red notice no-entry code by criminal reasons (deported, etc…)
Thank you Pichardo,

Consequently the comment by Winy makes no logical sense:
"The story is true. I personally communicated with this very woman. She has zero reason to make this up. She was denied boarding in Florida because of a previous overstay in the DR. She had a family named Brugal intervene on her behalf."

Reactions: Luperon and SKY

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
A lot of people come here from "Police States" where rules and laws are enforced no matter how trivial. They move to the DR and expect the same. Fortunately it is not so.....................
I guess I came from a police state, lots of laws... only little to enforce there as almost no crime is to be had...God bless small towns.. in the USA.............

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Pichardo,

This one doesnt hold water........

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Two esteemed posters (one seems to have seen the light and dropped out) have circulated this theory for about 7 years. And for all this time and for more than 20 years the system has been the same. You come, you stay as long as you like, you pay the fee when you leave, and then return with no problems.

As for someone posting on the internet, I just found out that the Earth is flat. Never knew that.....................

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So if she told Windy the same thing she posted online that is "confirmation"??????????????????????

By the way was she denied boarding at the place of embarkation? Or was she denied entry at the DR airport?
You are right, she probably just lied about being denied boarding a plane to the DR in Florida.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thank you Pichardo,

Consequently the comment by Winy makes no logical sense:
"The story is true. I personally communicated with this very woman. She has zero reason to make this up. She was denied boarding in Florida because of a previous overstay in the DR. She had a family named Brugal intervene on her behalf."
She used a "connection" to the Brugal family to remove the restriction to enter the DR placed upon her because of an overstay. That of course "makes no sense" unless you happen to know how things work in the DR.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
She used a "connection" to the Brugal family to remove the restriction to enter the DR placed upon her because of an overstay. That of course "makes no sense" unless you happen to know how things work in the DR.
Since you surfaced how about chipping in with WW on the Bliss deal. You two can have a $500 dinner there if Garyexpat is denied boarding next week. Care to partake? Big is also giving 5-1 on this.

I know your answer, but it will be nice to hear the reason..............................And this is not gambling, but a friendly DR1 get together. Just decides who pays.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since you surfaced how about chipping in with WW on the Bliss deal. You two can have a $500 dinner there if Garyexpat is denied boarding next week. Care to partake? Big is also giving 5-1 on this.

I know your answer, but it will be nice to hear the reason..............................And this is not gambling, but a friendly DR1 get together. Just decides who pays.
The deal at Bliss is of no interest to me. I am not a person who bets on things I don't have control over.

By the way, I "surfaced" after a "vacation" that had been given to me by DR1 over a very different topic than legal immigration practices and illegal overstays.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If this person was on the list not to enter it has nothing to do with solely overstays. You can bet it is for something else. There is a list to not enter but it is for people with crimes or serious problems in the DR. Not solely for an overstay...............................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If this person was on the list not to enter it has nothing to do with solely overstays. You can bet it is for something else. There is a list to not enter but it is for people with crimes or serious problems in the DR. Not solely for an overstay...............................
Of course it was for "something else". It had to be. Didn't it?

Now, did you know you can apply for a stay up to 120 days in the DR if you are from a tourist card country?

I wonder why they have a limit at 120 days on this stay.

Oh, it must be that you can actually stay as long as you want. No worries.