New test to live in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If you are offended by a term like "woke", believe the earth is flat and that dinosaurs are a myth invented by communism, the DR hardly needs your contribution.

Dominicans are, imo, one of the most welcoming and tolerant folks, I have come across....... And I wouldn't mind it staying that way.

Vote me in as senator !!!!!
" Keep the DR Great ! Do not send us your simpletons !! " Es pala'nte k va !!!

Reactions: Michael DR

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I don't think anyone is offended by the term woke. It's just that it's so stupid. As an oldie, it reminds me of the 60s and early 70s with the counter culture.

The DR is not like that at all. It's not weird like the USA and Europe. I think that's its appeal. Well that and the weather, beaches, and low cost of living.
Same recycled garbage today.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I don't think anyone is offended by the term woke. It's just that it's so stupid. As an oldie, it reminds me of the 60s and early 70s with the counter culture.

The DR is not like that at all. It's not weird like the USA and Europe. I think that's its appeal. Well that and the weather, beaches, and low cost of living.
DR not weird?.."..when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"...that was Hunter Thompson and he said that many years ago, huh..... he probably lived here.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
never heard the word or term "woke" used here. However people that use it usually don't like words like "work, job, employment and accountability".

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
never heard the word or term "woke" used here. However people that use it usually don't like words like "work, job, employment and accountability".

You never heard of the term but know what the people who use it like and don't like ? Amazing skills :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Big and Harleysrock

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If you are offended by a term like "woke", believe the earth is flat and that dinosaurs are a myth invented by communism, the DR hardly needs your contribution.

Dominicans are, imo, one of the most welcoming and tolerant folks, I have come across....... And I wouldn't mind it staying that way.

Vote me in as senator !!!!!
" Keep the DR Great ! Do not send us your simpletons !! " Es pala'nte k va !!!

The irony is that Woke is a term which originated from African-American venicular and don't use it anymore.... Now it sas become a low key way to hate on segments of the population.

The sad part, to me at least, is how obsessed and bitter, some are with the country they left behind while affirming their love for DR.

I don't get it....It s like a former wife/husband, just move on. Imagine having a new perfect girlfriend and still be bitter as f8ck ???? It s unhealthy :cool:

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
The irony is that Woke is a term which originated from African-American venicular and don't use it anymore.... Now it sas become a low key way to hate on segments of the population.

The sad part, to me at least, is how obsessed and bitter, some are with the country they left behind while affirming their love for DR.

I don't get it....It s like a former wife/husband, just move on. Imagine having a new perfect girlfriend and still be bitter as f8ck ???? It s unhealthy :cool:

I expect this thread will be going away soon. Anyway, I agree with you and here's a bit of history of the term for those who might be interested:

Click here

Reactions: Africaida
Status
Not open for further replies.