Best places to stay in Puerta Plata.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hi. I'm looking for some recommendations on where to stay in PP. It can be an AI or just a hotel. I've been to Punta Cana enough to want to see other spots. It will be for 3 or 4 adults, me being the only non-Haitian.

I have been twice, but not in 15 years, so those experiences don't count.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Rob

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I'm going to date myself and call this place "groovy". Lol. It's a budget hotel but very friendly, safe, clean, and a great location. Dominican owned and operated with a rotating cast that comes and goes throughout the day. I've stayed there 3 times and enjoyed each visit, but not since 2019. Pre-pandemic they had drinking water and coffee available in the lobby all day as a courtesy for guests. I tend to live, eat, and drink with locals whenever I travel so this place works for me. If your frame of reference is AI it may not be for you.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Puerto_Plata_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
That’s a nice one, Hotel Kelvin, downtown pop yet quiet, no pool, central park nearby and malecon too!, also check out porto fino hotel in pop, has pool, restaurant, walk to beach, it’s my choice, for AI try Cofresí Palms west end of pop, beachfront, pools, bars, colmados in Cofresí nearby.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
That’s a nice one, Hotel Kelvin, downtown pop yet quiet, no pool, central park nearby and malecon too!, also check out porto fino hotel in pop, has pool, restaurant, walk to beach, it’s my choice, for AI try Cofresí Palms west end of pop, beachfront, pools, bars, colmados in Cofresí nearby.
What beach? The one near the Police station? It is not a nice beach. Or you mean Playa Dorada? 3 miles walk. I did it many times. But I am athletic. Not for an average person. And in one place you must cross a rather dirty small river from the barrio.
But Portofino is in a comfortable close distance from Crystal.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
What beach? The one near the Police station? It is not a nice beach. Or you mean Playa Dorada? 3 miles walk. I did it many times. But I am athletic. Not for an average person. And in one place you must cross a rather dirty small river from the barrio.
But Portofino is in a comfortable close distance from Crystal.
From portofino walk towards coast & in 3 minutes there’s a nice sandy beach w/bar. I think it’s called longbeach. There’s a few casetas & playas along the malecon in pop

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
From portofino walk towards coast & in 3 minutes there’s a nice sandy beach w/bar. I think it’s called longbeach. There’s a few casetas & playas along the malecon in pop
I see you have never tried to swim in it. I did. Not pretty at all. Playa Dorada is the nearest true beach. Or Barba Negra - also in a few steps from a pretty beach.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sorry! I did not mean to hurt your feelings, man!
I did not know about John!!!
I was the one who finished the remodeling, designed the Jacuzzi, opened Blackbeards, and was the first Manager for over a year. You could say I knew John very well. I also hired Martha as the finance person who still runs it to this day.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I was the one who finished the remodeling, designed the Jacuzzi, opened Blackbeards, and was the first Manager for over a year. You could say I knew John very well. I also hired Martha as the finance person who still runs it to this day.
Thank you from all of us for your wonderful job!
Now we need it in Boca Chica too!