Police Beat and Rob Tourist in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

They arrest a police corporal and three other men accused of beating and assaulting two tourists in Sosúa.​

Port-e1621097614677.jpeg

A corporal of the National Police was arrested along with three other men after allegedly having beaten and assaulted two tourists in the municipality of Sosúa, for which they will be brought to justice, according to the authorities this Saturday.

This is Corporal Elvis Francisco Ramos Silverio, 28, who is attached to the Preventive Police (S6) in Santiago de Los Caballeros, as well as Alejandro Quiroz Torres, 37, Quilvio Pérez Moreta, 31, and Genaro Padilla Cabrera, 42. .

According to the report, the detainees intercepted the US citizens Blyden Chamel and Walker Raymond on Pedro Clisante street in the Batey sector, in Sosúa, hitting the first and pointing at the second to strip them of a guilloche and a gold chain respectively.

The other two arrested

After committing the criminal act, the four defendants fled aboard the Kía car, Plate A627994, but were captured by a police patrol after a several-kilometer chase on the main Sosúa-Montellano highway.

Weapons and clothing that occupied the arrested

While the physically assaulted tourists were cured and sent to the Gregorio Luperón General Hospital in Villa Montellano and then returned to the New Garden hotel in Sosúa where they are temporarily staying.

An unofficial source confirmed to this editor that the arrested were seized the precious clothes that they took from the tourists, as well as two automatic pistols with three chargers and four mobile phones (cell phones).

Source. GenteTuYa

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This in normal PN behavior in and around the barrios here in Santiago.
Only reason it made the press is because they did it to some tourist in Sosua
and got caught.
Certainly they must have done something to deserve being beatin and
robbed, eh Carlos?

Reactions: campesinadeatl

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Now it's been picked up by the national press in English. Police reform? Poor Luis has no idea what he's up against.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The gun picture on the top looks like an HK,. High dollar stuff. From now on i am going to wear only fake gold chains, medallions and a fake snap on gold tooth

• Haha
Reactions: Garyexpat

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
My question is, in a 3rd world country known of it's problems, why would you want to walk on the street in an area that does not perhaps have the best reputation with any jewelry at all... I'm not saying that in normal circumstances people are not allowed to walk freely on the street, but it's just may not work like that here...

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The gun picture on the top looks like an HK,. High dollar stuff. From now on i am going to wear only fake gold chains, medallions and a fake snap on gold tooth
Hk 9mm... what this country needs is the 45 acp model of 1911............

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
My question is, in a 3rd world country known of it's problems, why would you want to walk on the street in an area that does not perhaps have the best reputation with any jewelry at all... I'm not saying that in normal circumstances people are not allowed to walk freely on the street, but it's just may not work like that here...
normal circumstances in Sosua, not so sure Sosua is very normal.... all considered I feel fairly safe in the fun town............

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Hk 9mm... what this country needs is the 45 acp model of 1911............
love a 1911, Kimber is my fav. The handgun is too confusing for most off the untrained population here. There would be more missing toes, fingers and worse.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
love a 1911, Kimber is my fav. The handgun is too confusing for most off the untrained population here. There would be more missing toes, fingers and worse.
and if you end up on the wrong end of that gun... you could be very dead........

Big

Apr 24, 2019
you know the more I think about it, how does one get robbed at gun point and hit on the head on the busiest business street in Sosua. It is possible but rare. Dollars to doughnuts there was some type of "dispute".

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
you know the more I think about it, how does one get robbed at gun point and hit on the head on the busiest business street in Sosua. It is possible but rare. Dollars to doughnuts there was some type of "dispute".
Dispute? Like "I want your stuff." vs "No you don't!" Folowed by Bamm, bamm, bamm. "Thank you so much ..."

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The articles say the robbery took place and the suspects were caught in "la madrugada". La madrugada generally refers to any time after midnight and before sunrise.

Status
Not open for further replies.